Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 AM

765 posts, read 2,440,410 times

Advertisements

We are looking to rent a vacation home in San Diego for a week in June and had some questions about where to book. I have found rentals in the Mission Beach area, and see that dogs aren't allowed on the beach from 9am - 6pm. That's fine - I'm sure the hot sand would burn his paws. But how strict are the beach patrols? If you head out at 5:30pm or are coming home at 9:30, will they slap you with a ticket?

What about around the bay? One of the rentals is on Mission Bay. It looks like Mission Bay has sandy beach walking areas. Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the bay during the day?

The other area we are looking at is La Jolla - where it says that dogs are NEVER allowed on the beach - although there is a dog friendly beach walking distance from the place we are looking at. How strict are the beach patrols there?

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,126,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easybay View Post
We are looking to rent a vacation home in San Diego for a week in June and had some questions about where to book. I have found rentals in the Mission Beach area, and see that dogs aren't allowed on the beach from 9am - 6pm. That's fine - I'm sure the hot sand would burn his paws. But how strict are the beach patrols? If you head out at 5:30pm or are coming home at 9:30, will they slap you with a ticket?

What about around the bay? One of the rentals is on Mission Bay. It looks like Mission Bay has sandy beach walking areas. Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the bay during the day?

The other area we are looking at is La Jolla - where it says that dogs are NEVER allowed on the beach - although there is a dog friendly beach walking distance from the place we are looking at. How strict are the beach patrols there?

Any advice?
Most of the time the cops have better things to do than worry about a dog on the beach. But, if you haven't booked and don't have to come in June, I'd wait until at least after mid-July to come for a beach vacation. Ever heard the expression "June Gloom"?

And, where ever you stay you can always take the dogs to dog beach or other dog friendly park or beach: The Original Dog Beach | Ocean Beach San Diego (the original dog beach)

Find California Dog Beaches, Dog Parks & Recreation Areas in San Diego
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs