Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 02:47 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times

Advertisements

I’m not sure I believe this.

This seems more like a plot to stop people from eating red meat, so we can somehow “save the planet”.

I firmly believe that high consumption of processed carbohydrates causes diabetes. Also, if you consume a high amount of carbs, along with a high amount of fats and very low fiber, you are exacerbating your health even worse.

Anyway, here is the article (even though I’m having a difficulty believing it).

https://www.foxnews.com/health/diabe...rd-researchers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2023, 02:54 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Ah, the glories of "sponsored" research.

Look behind the curtain and see who funded it.

Old 10-22-2023, 04:07 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
so tell us who

Old 10-22-2023, 12:44 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,203,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

This seems more like a plot to stop people from eating red meat, so we can somehow “save the planet”.

I firmly believe that high consumption of processed carbohydrates causes diabetes. Also, if you consume a high amount of carbs, along with a high amount of fats and very low fiber, you are exacerbating your health even worse.

Well you can "firmly believe" processed carbs "cause" it but I disagree as I eat a ridiculous amount of processed carbs and my fasting blood sugar last week was 74. It might contribute to a problem in some people but it is NOT hurting me* and I am over 50 so it isn't my youth that is saving me.

*at least it isn't making me diabetic - it might be doing something else I am not aware of but I am not presently worried about that.

Old 10-22-2023, 03:36 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,203,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
Well you can "firmly believe" processed carbs "cause" it but I disagree as I eat a ridiculous amount of processed carbs and my fasting blood sugar last week was 74. It might contribute to a problem in some people but it is NOT hurting me* and I am over 50 so it isn't my youth that is saving me.

*at least it isn't making me diabetic - it might be doing something else I am not aware of but I am not presently worried about that.

Half these "news" items are to make headlines.

Old 10-23-2023, 12:13 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

Despite popular belief, diabetes is not caused by eating too much sugar, carbs or meat.

Type 1 diabetes is called an autoimmune disease, because the body’s system for fighting infection, your immune system, attacks and destroys the cells in your pancreas that make insulin. As a result, the body is left without insulin.

Type 2 diabetes is much more common than type 1 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is caused by several factors including obesity, ethnic background, a family history of type 2 diabetes and other environmental factors.

https://www.diabetes.ca/about-diabet...es-of-diabetes

In my case it was caused by a severe case of pancreatitis, caused by a gall stone blocking the bile duct, which damaged my pancreas.

Old 10-23-2023, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post

There are many other factors which go into it, other than just eating a lot of processed carbs. But I do think processed carbs are the main factor.

Are you eating a normal amount of fiber?
Are you fasting to limit the damage you’ve just done to your body?
Do you have a normal Omega 3-Omega 6 balance?
Do you get regular exercise?
Do you eat fermented foods to limit the damage you are doing to your digestive system?

These are just a few details that go into overall well being and it’s not just eating donuts, ice cream, and pasta.

Of course, there are some people, a very low percentage of the population, who have “won” the gene lottery. Meaning that they can overwhelm their body with poor food choices, and poor lifestyle, and somehow, their body can process it all out and not cause lasting damage.

We’ve all heard the stories of “that one guy” who has smoked, drank alcohol to excess, never exercised, ate at McDonald’s everyday, and he is 95 years old and fine.

But for the vast majority of us, eating a huge amount of processed carbs will have serious negative affects to their well being.

Congrats on being the rarity who can eat whatever you want without having any negative consequences, I guess?

Old 10-23-2023, 07:26 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
There are many other factors which go into it, other than just eating a lot of processed carbs. But I do think processed carbs are the main factor.

Are you eating a normal amount of fiber?
Are you fasting to limit the damage you’ve just done to your body?
Do you have a normal Omega 3-Omega 6 balance?
Do you get regular exercise?
Do you eat fermented foods to limit the damage you are doing to your digestive system?

These are just a few details that go into overall well being and it’s not just eating donuts, ice cream, and pasta.

Of course, there are some people, a very low percentage of the population, who have “won” the gene lottery. Meaning that they can overwhelm their body with poor food choices, and poor lifestyle, and somehow, their body can process it all out and not cause lasting damage.

We’ve all heard the stories of “that one guy” who has smoked, drank alcohol to excess, never exercised, ate at McDonald’s everyday, and he is 95 years old and fine.

But for the vast majority of us, eating a huge amount of processed carbs will have serious negative affects to their well being.

Congrats on being the rarity who can eat whatever you want without having any negative consequences, I guess?
What does fasting have to do with anything?

Old 10-23-2023, 07:52 AM

333 posts, read 153,016 times
Quote:
I have never in my life been an anti-vaxxer, but I stopped believing the so-called experts when it was shown how much they lied during the COVID pandemic. It did nothing but convince me that everything they say has a social engineering agenda behind it.

As for diabetes... In my experience, people that are overweight and consume ridiculous amounts of soda and candy generally all end up diabetic as a result. Maybe you think that is a coincidence. I don't.

Old 10-23-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What does fasting have to do with anything?
I think fasting is wonderful for you. I do a 16/8 every single day, and I find it very easy to do. Every once in awhile I will do a 24 hour fast, but I don’t like it as it is too long for me. Some people I know love to do 72 hour fasts, which I think is crazy. But once you get past the hunger (ghrelin), they say it is easy to make it that long.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/fasting-benefits

Dr, Berg has a video where he talks about what to do if you’ve fallen off the wagon and went on a weekend food binge full of poor choices. His advice is to fast.

I have the discipline not to do this anymore, but let’s be honest, some people just can’t resist. I used to be like that before I broke those bad habits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes