Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,599 times

Advertisements

Thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM

296 posts, read 842,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
I thought I would add some more good news to the other good news...

http://dayton.bizjournals.com/dayton/stories/2009/11/02/daily37.html?surround=lfn

Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 2:54pm EST

Excellence in Motivation to stay in downtown

Excellence in Motivation has decided to keep its headquarters in downtown Dayton.

The company, which develops employee training and incentive programs, said Wednesday it will remain in the city.

The company, currently located in the National City Building on North Main Street, had been looking for a new home so the announcement is a big win for Dayton.

...Apparently this place deals with Fortune 500 clients, so I'm really glad to hear that it is staying downtown.
Thanks!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,713 times
I'm thinking that maybe we should sticky this thread and have it become our "good news" thread for the Miami Valley. I got some more news to add, and hopefully this new "good news" flow won't be stopping soon
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Union, investors buy Vandalia Iams facility for $1.95M - Dayton Business Journal:

Friday, November 6, 2009, 10:25am EST
Dayton Business Journal

Union, investors buy Vandalia Iams facility for $1.95M

If all goes according to plan, the former Iams Co. headquarters buildings in Vandalia will have new owners, a new tenant and more than 100 new jobs.
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union and a private investor have secured the winning bid for the online auction of the 106,000-square-foot facility on Poe Avenue, according to a news release from Jones Lang LaSalle and Real Estate Disposition LLC, the companies that auctioned the property.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 PM

http://dayton.bizjournals.com/dayton/stories/2009/11/02/daily58.html?surround=lfn

Friday, November 6, 2009, 1:30pm EST

Fuel research facility to be built at Wright-Patt
Dayton Business Journal

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base will break ground Nov. 9 on a $2.5 million aerospace fuels research facility.

Rhecors General Contractors of Dayton will build the 4,000 square-foot facility, which will be capable of producing 15 to 25 gallons of alternative aviation fuel per day to support research by the propulsion directorate at the Air Force Research Laboratory on base.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 PM

398 posts, read 1,317,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
I'm thinking that maybe we should sticky this thread and have it become our "good news" thread for the Miami Valley. I got some more news to add, and hopefully this new "good news" flow won't be stopping soon
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Union, investors buy Vandalia Iams facility for $1.95M - Dayton Business Journal:

Friday, November 6, 2009, 10:25am EST
Dayton Business Journal

Union, investors buy Vandalia Iams facility for $1.95M

If all goes according to plan, the former Iams Co. headquarters buildings in Vandalia will have new owners, a new tenant and more than 100 new jobs.
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union and a private investor have secured the winning bid for the online auction of the 106,000-square-foot facility on Poe Avenue, according to a news release from Jones Lang LaSalle and Real Estate Disposition LLC, the companies that auctioned the property.
That is a GREAT idea to have a "good news" thread for the Dayton area!! How do we get that done? Does a Moderator have to do it for us.... or....???

Old 11-06-2009, 07:48 PM

^Just ask Crew Chief. I'm sure he'll be swinging by here sometime, so I won't shoot a PM.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 PM

Great idea. I wanted to post more but didn't want to spam up the place. Wasn't sure there was an interest. But now that I see there is..hehe...more to come.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:11 AM

We'd probably have to remove the "relocating" thread.

Still, there should be interest. Both Cleveland and Cincinnati have development discussion threads here, so why can't we?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 AM

390 posts, read 1,047,678 times
Yeah good news for Vandalia AND Dayton!!!

But really. This is great. Dayton is not doing THAT bad.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
Yeah good news for Vandalia AND Dayton!!!

But really. This is great. Dayton is not doing THAT bad.
I aqree. Dayton's problems are not unique to Dayton at all. The Dayton region is a very significant place with many, many amenities. Dayton proper has many significant amenities as well. One of the often overlooked amenities that WILL eventually play a role in Dayton's future is WATER. Yep, that underground aquifer we have cannot be understated. Google "Atlanta water problem"

Read this link too Water Wars: Alabama and Atlanta Water Dispute

There a lot of place that do not have a lot of water or don't have cheap water. Dayton has an unending supply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton