Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM

53 posts, read 159,039 times

Advertisements

Oh please! To the die hard Dayton lunatics. Dayton has no jobs, the crime is sky rocketing (your on the list with the big cities for most dangerous place to live, explain that), the suburbs racially discriminates (you don't let ethnics into your crappy cookie cutter neighborhoods) I lived there 26 years, I know what I'm talking about. How can you possibly say that Dayton is a good place to live with the many shootings on the news everyday. It's obvious with MANY reply's in other threads that it's not a desired place to live. You must be getting paid from this, somehow, by convincing people to move to a dangerous part of the city, money hungry vultures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 08:31 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheinternet View Post
Dayton has no jobs, the crime is sky rocketing (your on the list with the big cities for most dangerous place to live, explain that), the suburbs racially discriminates (you don't let ethnics into your crappy cookie cutter neighborhoods)
Dayton isn't just the only place in the nation in the crap hole with jobs. In fact, why are you not complaining about the whole country not "having jobs" for the past 23 consecutive months?

Crime is relative. For starters, yes, parts of Dayton have some major crime problems. But the majority, be it downtown or Tipp City, have very little crime.

Finally, I may not have lived for as long as you in the Dayton region (19 years), but I sure do remember it being rather diverse. Better yet, my home is in one of these so called "racists" cookie cutter suburbs of yours. Indian neighbors on my right, Pakastani across the street, Asians down the street, African-Americans too, and we all get along.

Finally, saying that "we" get fiscal compensation is just rude to the other posters. Say what you want, cause my recommendation to anyone reading for relocation purposes is to take all these posts, regardless of the poster, with a grain of salt.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times
^
Dayton isn't diverse by Chicago standards or by California standards. The asian and latino percentages are in the single digits, according to the last census. This has nothing to do with racism but because there is nothing to bring people here, in terms of the economy.

Quote:
You must be getting paid from this, somehow, by convincing people to move to a dangerous part of the city

A lot of posters boost the part of town they are from so the people who post here who actually live in Dayton city (or are active in Dayton real estate) are going to be putting a positive spin on Dayton city.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM

296 posts, read 842,660 times
Oh, look Mom, flame bait.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:10 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,121 times
Quote:
Oh please! To the die hard Dayton lunatics. Dayton has no jobs, the crime is sky rocketing (your on the list with the big cities for most dangerous place to live, explain that), the suburbs racially discriminates (you don't let ethnics into your crappy cookie cutter neighborhoods) I lived there 26 years, I know what I'm talking about. How can you possibly say that Dayton is a good place to live with the many shootings on the news everyday. It's obvious with MANY reply's in other threads that it's not a desired place to live. You must be getting paid from this, somehow, by convincing people to move to a dangerous part of the city, money hungry vultures
We're glad you left

Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 PM

390 posts, read 1,048,199 times
Firstly, um, I thought Dayton was actually seeign amazing improvement in crime in like the past two years so um, Dayton isn't that bad. And the way I see it is that the people that left are the people that don't really care anyway cuz if they actually cared they would try and DO SOMETHING about it. WEAK.
And the suburbs aren't racist. They're actually pretty diverse.
Look at Trotwood, its not white.
Neither is Huber Heights.
Very diverse.
And Yellow Springs is pretty liberal.
Just saying.
I don't think some people really know what they're talking about.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:57 AM

53 posts, read 159,039 times
Blah, Blah, Blah, are you done yet? In one ear, out the other!!! My opinions are my opinions! Enough said! I have better things to do with my time than to argue with a bunch of stalking vultures. Have a great day!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 AM

92 posts, read 348,438 times
Just a little fyi,

Demographics of Huber Heights:
84.88% White,
9.78% African American,
2.18% Asian,
1.66% Hispanic or Latino
0.28% Native American,
0.06% Pacific Islander,

0.58% from other races,
2.25% from two or more races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
Firstly, um, I thought Dayton was actually seeign amazing improvement in crime in like the past two years so um, Dayton isn't that bad. And the way I see it is that the people that left are the people that don't really care anyway cuz if they actually cared they would try and DO SOMETHING about it. WEAK.
And the suburbs aren't racist. They're actually pretty diverse.
Look at Trotwood, its not white.
Neither is Huber Heights.
Very diverse.
And Yellow Springs is pretty liberal.
Just saying.
I don't think some people really know what they're talking about.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:17 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,121 times
Quote:
Blah, Blah, Blah, are you done yet? In one ear, out the other!!! My opinions are my opinions! Enough said! I have better things to do with my time than to argue with a bunch of stalking vultures. Have a great day!
You just hit the nail on the head..........

OPINIONS!!!!!

You perceive this area negatively because you want to, much like I perceive Texas negatively due to its shoddy, irresponsible development and sweltering heat (don't even begin with how I politically disagree with the state........).

For people that are potentially relocating to the area or just want general info, such posts as yours at the top of the page may really scare them. For no good reason, either, considering that most of what you said in that post was complete and utter bulls*it. If you really have problems, fine, but start a thread and be prepared to let us help you deal with your problems in a rational way, instead of just irrationally saying that "bla bla bla" sucks.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:12 PM

296 posts, read 842,660 times
So tell me. Which is it? Horrible?

Quote:
or a place with nice people, wonderful festivals, and kid friendly parks.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/dayto...l#post12295365
Quote:
I know this thread is a half year old, but Dayton does have some of the nicest people with things to do as well. The riverscape is wonderful with festivals. The parks there are getting to be very kid friendly.
Never-the-less
I would love to move my family back there only if I can just find a job there

From following your threads on the C-bus forums and others looks like you can't find a job their either.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/colum...l#post12001398
Here is a real jewel you left behind regarding Dayton:
Quote:
I agree about the judgemental part! I relocated from my home city (a city with a very upbeat stylish fashion and trend that I enjoy) which is not like the Columbus style of fashion. I always get sickening looks from these habitants because I dont look like them. So yes, judgemental issues is my main issue with this city. I'm leaving in two months, and I'm very much counting down the days
See, here you say you are from Dayton:
Quote:
Oh no, I grew up in the Dayton area and left when i was 26 years old. Lately, it's deem one of the worst places to raise children. Dayton view area has so much crime, you'll get what you pay for there. There are some affordable places in Kettering, Fairborn, Springboro, and Miamisburg that will fit a similar budget. Stay away from the bad areas in Dayton, the crime there is terrible.
Just to confirm you say you grew up here:
Quote:
I grew up in west Dayton, it was a nightmare Crime was terrible and still is. My mom still lives there and she says its still high crime. It has been on the worst places to raise your kids list. For it to be a small city, the crime is as bad as bigger cities such as Detroit MI, New Orleans LA, ect. Employment is so low here, my friends were taking jobs in fields they didn't want to do nor went to college for. I relocated 3 years ago from there and I can honestly say that I've made the best decision in my life.
Your own words prove you lie like a rug. I'm done responding to your flame bait, troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton