Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 03:35 PM

12 posts, read 9,224 times

Advertisements

eating healthier and gradually increasing some sort of excercise program. For me I if I go all at once i fall off the wagon. So maybe start exercising first and after 1-2 weeks add in diet or vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 03:51 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,781,365 times
From what I've read diet may be more important than exercise so I'd start there. Start reading labels for calories and portion sizes. There are often multiple portions in one container. Eat fewer processed foods and you can generally have more food. Eat high fiber food that will make you feel fuller. Don't drink your calories, no sodas, juice or alcohol.

Also paying attention to portion sizes for foods you cook or when you eat out. Don't eat a lot of meals out because food prepared in restaurants is usually very high in calories. When I go out I usually ask for a to go box when the food is served and immediately put half the food in that.

If you eat well most of the time you can indulge every so often and have cake or a burger and fries or whatever it is you want. You just need to remember that you're not on a "diet" but are making permanent changes to your eating habits.

Good luck.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:58 PM

30,610 posts, read 19,329,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Snoppen View Post
I'm overweight. and I'm not just saying this because i want people to say that i'm not, because i actually am. My partner tries not to point it out and make it obvious but you can tell. My partners will always say "stop eating so much, you'll turn into an oompa-loompa" and i know it's just a joke but it hurts.

I try eating as healthy and as little as possible to lose weight but every time i try to do this my partner will question everything and get up all in my business. I try to exercises as much as possible (like walking to and from work each day, doing loads of quiet exercises in my room) but i'm still obese. It makes my self-esteem even lower when i see friends post photos of themselves half-naked, and i spend hours on end comparing and wishing i had their perfect bodies.

I'm classified as the funny one in my friend group so i don't talk about any of my home life or my feelings, but every time i do try to give hints on how i'm feeling they dont seem to care anyway. I dont tell my partner either because then he talks to me frequently about it and it makes me feel uncomfortable (he is the kind of person that snoop and try to know everything about me so i dont really trust him all the time). I am so scared about people making fun of me about my weight that i constantly (i mean ALWAYS) wear a zipped up jacket. I wear it so often that i think its unhealthy because it's very hot where i live and it restricts me from doing a lot of activities because i sweat a lot (also i have something called rosacea and it make your skin really red so you can tell if i've been doing any physical activity by just looking at my face).

Overall, i just can't stand being this weight. It kills me because i'll never have enough confidence to get a personal trainer or nutritionist and i feel like i'll be this way forever and no one will ever love me because i'm fat and ugly.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
90% diet and 10%exercise. My wife and son are doing Keto and it seems to be working. I followed the recommendations in The Plant Paradox and have gotten off the charts amazing results.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:45 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,824,031 times
I'm not fat-fat, but could get out of control IF I didn't eliminate what I've chosen to do for me. About 10 yrs ago I stopped bringing bread into my house, yep.....started with going gluten free and didn't like the bread so I said OK, don't eat any. When I go for a burger about once a month or so, I'll get a bun with the burger but that's it.

Then I decided to STOP eating pasta, I was born and raised on this starch but I'm not that young person anymore who burned so much off.... Rice is in this category too. Very very limited and only when I go for sushi.

There is so much to eat and I am never hungry and eating a nice salad right now.

I deal with bodywide arthritis and am limited in my walking and doing and am 81 soon.

And otherwise healthy.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:10 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,174,916 times
My wife and I are members of Orange Theory here in Seattle. We have a few members that are quite overweight. What's amazing is the support they receive from both the coaches and the fellow classmates. It's not easy. We've had a few leave class midpoint in tears but they always show up the next class and get thru it. The results have been pretty amazing and yes they are losing weight. I just think it's cool because we look at fitness thru the eyes of a big group. We are here to help each other and it's fun and rewarding at the same time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals