Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,687 times

Advertisements

I'm overweight. and I'm not just saying this because i want people to say that i'm not, because i actually am. My partner tries not to point it out and make it obvious but you can tell. My partners will always say "stop eating so much, you'll turn into an oompa-loompa" and i know it's just a joke but it hurts.

I try eating as healthy and as little as possible to lose weight but every time i try to do this my partner will question everything and get up all in my business. I try to exercises as much as possible (like walking to and from work each day, doing loads of quiet exercises in my room) but i'm still obese. It makes my self-esteem even lower when i see friends post photos of themselves half-naked, and i spend hours on end comparing and wishing i had their perfect bodies.

I'm classified as the funny one in my friend group so i don't talk about any of my home life or my feelings, but every time i do try to give hints on how i'm feeling they dont seem to care anyway. I dont tell my partner either because then he talks to me frequently about it and it makes me feel uncomfortable (he is the kind of person that snoop and try to know everything about me so i dont really trust him all the time). I am so scared about people making fun of me about my weight that i constantly (i mean ALWAYS) wear a zipped up jacket. I wear it so often that i think its unhealthy because it's very hot where i live and it restricts me from doing a lot of activities because i sweat a lot (also i have something called rosacea and it make your skin really red so you can tell if i've been doing any physical activity by just looking at my face).

Overall, i just can't stand being this weight. It kills me because i'll never have enough confidence to get a personal trainer or nutritionist and i feel like i'll be this way forever and no one will ever love me because i'm fat and ugly.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 PM

24,640 posts, read 9,464,279 times
It all starts with diet. If you cannot lose weight from clean eating and caloric restriction, no amount of exercise will help.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:17 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,979,734 times
Go to myfitnesspal.com. Enter your meals and snacks, see how many calories you're eating every day. Enter your weight and your desired weight, see how many calories per day it would take to get you there.

Exercise alone will not do it, you have to adjust your meals and snacks.

Nobody puts food in your mouth except you. You have control of what you eat.

Last edited by oldgardener; 09-21-2018 at 08:26 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 10:09 PM

465 posts, read 607,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Snoppen View Post
I'm overweight. and I'm not just saying this because i want people to say that i'm not, because i actually am. My partner tries not to point it out and make it obvious but you can tell. My partners will always say "stop eating so much, you'll turn into an oompa-loompa" and i know it's just a joke but it hurts.

I try eating as healthy and as little as possible to lose weight but every time i try to do this my partner will question everything and get up all in my business. I try to exercises as much as possible (like walking to and from work each day, doing loads of quiet exercises in my room) but i'm still obese. It makes my self-esteem even lower when i see friends post photos of themselves half-naked, and i spend hours on end comparing and wishing i had their perfect bodies.

I'm classified as the funny one in my friend group so i don't talk about any of my home life or my feelings, but every time i do try to give hints on how i'm feeling they dont seem to care anyway. I dont tell my partner either because then he talks to me frequently about it and it makes me feel uncomfortable (he is the kind of person that snoop and try to know everything about me so i dont really trust him all the time). I am so scared about people making fun of me about my weight that i constantly (i mean ALWAYS) wear a zipped up jacket. I wear it so often that i think its unhealthy because it's very hot where i live and it restricts me from doing a lot of activities because i sweat a lot (also i have something called rosacea and it make your skin really red so you can tell if i've been doing any physical activity by just looking at my face).

Overall, i just can't stand being this weight. It kills me because i'll never have enough confidence to get a personal trainer or nutritionist and i feel like i'll be this way forever and no one will ever love me because i'm fat and ugly.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
Ok - post every single thing that you eat and drink today and we’ll tell you what you’re doing wrong.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
FYI, this person has not revisited this site since posting this very first post 4 days ago. Just sayin'.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:08 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
OP reminds me of me from past, especially during my teenage years and early 20's when I wasn't comfortable with my body. Actually I hated my body. I hated everything about the way I looked and my family made matters worst by constantly reminding me that I am overweight. That I should be careful with what I ate but no one broke it down for me. No one told me eat this and not this, no one took my hand and showed me the way & told me in real life people work their ***** off to be healthy and fit. Its not a natural thing and everyone struggles even if we can't see it.

I thought most people were fit and healthy naturally & I was cursed. It made me even more mad that people can just be skinny and beautiful while I can't. Its not fair, why do I have to work so hard and still fail while others get it for free. Because of this I hated working on my body, I hated showing people that I cared, I hated others knowing that I work so hard and still see no results. It was easier to not care than to care. So like OP I worked out in my room quietly, I starved myself quietly but I failed & more than being fat, I was ashamed of trying to change myself and not succeed.

It wasn't until I went to the gym in my university that I noticed how people work on their weight. It wasn't until I joined fitness class that I understood everyone struggles with this issue. That it is common. It wasn't until I started listening to Youtube and reading things online and offline that I realize there is no shame in working on myself and I need to do what is important to me instead of worrying about the perception I give. Would I stop my study or anything I am passionate about because of others perception of me. Then why does it matter when it comes to my weight. To be honest I started my workout journey by joining a fitness dance class & I proudly told everyone "I love the dance portion of it, I could care less about the workout/weight loss aspect of it". To the OP, join a fitness class you enjoy & then take it from there

Old 09-26-2018, 10:28 AM

417 posts, read 191,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
FYI, this person has not revisited this site since posting this very first post 4 days ago. Just sayin'.

Could be she is afraid she will be shamed?

Could be she's waiting for enough responses to come in, to get an idea of what lies ahead?

Could be anything.

What ever the reason, I wish her a steadfast resolution to DO SOMETHING about it. IT'S HARD WORK! If it wasn't everyone would be slender and fit. But, IT'S WORTH IT!!!!

Old 09-26-2018, 10:44 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
She is eating too many calories. There’s nothing hard to understand about that. If the budget allows, one of the meal plan diets (Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig) are an easy way to get the ball rolling, and learn portion control.

Once you stop eating sugar and other simple carbs, the rest is very easy.

I watch a lot of fat shows, and none of those people have a clue about how to choose and prepare healthy foods. One of the men on the show, deep fried bacon, and chased it down with a 24 oz glass of juice. Very seldom do these people even have a proper kitchen.

I don’t know what OPs circumstances are.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:53 AM

2 posts, read 3,317 times
The above have talk a lot. And I agree with them. In a word, two thing you need to care about, diet and exercise. But there are a lot need to take care. Such us, if you choose to exercise, better to choose the way which will not hurt your knees. Normally, the knees is very vulnerable for the chubby person. If use exercise bike, select the recumbent one. Like the Recumbent exercise bike, which will let you sit down on it.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:01 PM

1,279 posts, read 853,395 times
Walking and exercises in a room are not enough. Start biking and then switch to running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals