Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 01:22 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,721,189 times

Advertisements

Last week of JUN - OHOH I am starting to gain weight. I can feel the extra food i am eating. The undigested food while I start my next meal. My weight has gone up to 163# instead of going down but most of all i can feel the weight gain. On top of it my period is acting up again. Last time my period was out of whack I gained almost 10lbs in 3 months all while i thought I must be pregnant hence the weight gain and lack of period. Only after several doctor appointment & negative blood test, I started my serious weight loss plan. I don't want to go back to this.

I went to mall yesterday to walk around, i need more activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 12:55 PM

It is so disappointing when you see your old post talking about the same thing over a month ago as you are saying now. A MONTH AND I STILL HAVE NOT GOT MY ACT TOGETHER. I am still in 163# zone, lose 2lb, gain 2 lb. Still feel fat. I need to do something. Need to focus

I hope my next update here will be of some positive news

Old 09-11-2016, 10:22 PM

3 months and no improvement in my weight. I am active, definitely more active than start of the year but I am also 10lbs thinner than start of the year. but last 3 months i been stuck. I do walk during lunch, my body naturally wants to walk. But i have not pushed myself. Summer was not a good time for me, between tons of family event and Ramadan & everyone getting married/having babies and so many parties... I felt exhausted this summer. i couldn't wait for the weather to cool down and everyone to go back to our own cocoon & focus on myself.

I just came back from a week of vacation & i am ready to focus again. i need real plan, no walking when i feel like & get more water/steps, drink more water. I need real plan, real time in gym.

1) Find local community center fitness class schedule --> tomorrow. Join 2 class/week
2) to be productive at work, start an email or project and then get up and walk. Pace in hallway few minutes, gather my thoughts/mentally compose the email & then come write. I read somewhere that it is more productive to start something n then step away on purpose while allowing brain to think about the project. this way i get more walking and get more work done. I tried it the day i read this concept and thought it was useful.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:59 AM

I never follow the plan I set out for myself but I did workout and I did focus on myself.

3rd week of Sept - 2 days at work mini gym (walk 2 min while watching tv, then weight lifting, then another 10 min walk). total 1 hour. 2 days I worked out off of ONDEMAND fitness plan. 30 min workout. I was happy with the progress, not too much but enough to get me moving. I also went back to skipping dinner and replacing it with breakfast food such as apple/cottage cheese. My fridge is stuck with good food

4th week of Sept - as in past, surely I caught cold yesterday and now my workout went to zero. I only worked out Monday walk + upper body weight lifting. I also made brown rice, which helps me lose weight always when I replace my white rice base meals. Lets see how this week goes but so far in bad start. I will try walking, something light weight recovering from the cold

Old 09-26-2016, 05:55 AM

This week I will focus on sleep. I am still recovering from cold to properly workout & food has been work in process so it doesn't excite me. My goal is Early to bed and early to rise. Lets see how this goes, maybe it will be a habit I can develop for long term. I hope to make breakfast, pack proper lunch and focus on health in the early hours of day.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 PM

First week of Oct - Focusing on sleep: early to bed, early to rise. I been doing good, few days I have purposely stayed in bed because I did not have morning plan but I feel sleepy around 10pm, in past it wasn't until 1am that I felt sleep. I go to bed without my phone, I put it on the dress (I have skipped few days where I was playing with phone in my bed). I am able to follow bedtime routine because I feel sleepy by 10 pm, so I am washing my face, brushing my teeth, lotion. And most importantly at 6;30 my alarm goes off and I have no problem getting out of bed and staying up. I want to continue this rest of the month & hopefully make this a habit of mine.

Waking up early allows me to pack my healthy lunch (brown rice and curry). It allows me to make healthy breakfast and clean up the house before getting out. I have not managed to leave home early or put in workout time. But there are days when I have lot of time in morning to incorporate more. For now I am still focusing on wake up 6:30am, go to sleep 10pm & keep cell phone away from bed so I get up to turn off alarm.

I did some self-assessment today on why I am not making improvement. I came up with 3 areas:
1)Healthy eating: Dehydration makes me want to throw out my plan & eat junk food. Focus on hydration now
2) Exercise: lack of planning at this point, I have no real plan. Start small at 10K steps/day
3) sleep: continue as now

Old 10-11-2016, 08:36 AM

2nd week of Oct - Sleep, slump, sleep. I was doing really good for past 2 weeks with my endeavor of waking up early & as a result going to bed early. I was getting so good that most days I woke up before my alarm went off. I was getting confident and was going to start adding morning activity instead of just waking up.

Then I had business trip 2 nights in new bed with TV in my room Plus a night at my moms where we spent hours talking & I lost the mojo. I feel like I am starting from scratch again. Last 2 days I have not been good. Hopefully this will be the rebound week

In terms of exercise.. I am focusing on 10K steps per day which I am getting. With morning/afternoon walk. My body feels tired with the colder weather. I found a perfect solution yesterday, will try it rest of the week. At lunch I can go in back seat of my car & take a nice nap or watch Netflix on phone. The heat warms up my body & I feel better.

I also watched Youtube video/inspiration/habit building and a simple concept I want to implement is "DO IT NOW". If its something I can do now, I will do it and then move on instead of taking a break and maybe coming back to it.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:40 PM

3rd week of October I am kicking butt. I walked 14K steps/day on average. And I am ready for more. Here is how it went

Day 1- walked at work severs times to the point I felt I was neglecting work. Then after work I walked/ran while hubby was in gym. Body was so tired n sore at 15K steps

Day 2- had day off from work so I walked all day but no running. Walked during laundry. Scored 14K steps

Day 3- cut down on walk to lift weight. Arm workout n was raining all day. I felt trap. Not much step but my body craved them. Walked indoor severs time. 12K steps

Day 4- walk around building every 2hpur, walk after but not too much as I had to take a family to best buy. Still 14 steps

Day 5- 14K plus 20 min on bike which did not get registered. The bike was in morning. Loving it. I love how my body craves walk n feels trap/restless if I dont. I hope I keep it up

Old 10-23-2016, 07:42 PM

I was aiming for 7 day of activity, I only got 6 day. Saturday I tried hopping on bike but I couldn't so the same 2 days in row so I used on demand fitness ab workout and squat n hip workout. I went to a wedding n a concert, not sure how much walking I got in. I didn't track it cuz I knew it would be negligible

Sunday I spent at my parents house and unfortunately it was total waste . However 6 day is not bad. Here is to a new week of 15k steps and workout. 164#, short term goal 160#

Old 10-26-2016, 11:05 AM

Got a guest pass at local LA fitness. Went there Monday and felt the burn 24 hours later. But I am not meeting my 15K step goal due to cold weather, there is so much indoor walking I can do. But I have managed 10K steps. I will still keep my aim at 15K and hopefully worst case is 10K. Lets see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals