Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 01:44 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,190,626 times

Advertisements

“Bündchen, 43, told the officer she was “just trying to stay (away) from that guy,” referring to the suspected paparazzo before she was pulled over.
“There’s nothing I can do about that,” the officer says before telling her to “file a report with Miami Beach.”
‘The officer had let Bündchen off with a “courtesy” before she made the terrifying admission.”

The whole story here: https://nypost.com/2024/04/27/us-new...-traffic-stop/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 02:36 PM

16,454 posts, read 8,258,847 times
I just don't feel bad for her. She also wasn't treated badly by the cop.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:11 PM

16,285 posts, read 10,431,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I just don't feel bad for her. She also wasn't treated badly by the cop.
Agreed. The mayor was out of line for calling out that officer.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:21 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I mean it isn't the officer's job to coddle her and be like, omg let us help you find this stalker right now (if it is even a stalker). He saw someone driving like a fool and pulled them over.

This wasn't her first time getting pulled over either:

https://www.boston.com/uncategorized...g-on-cape-cod/

Old 04-28-2024, 04:43 PM

4,063 posts, read 2,143,873 times
She has had paparazzi for years, both because of her career and being married to Tom Brady. If they photographed her, so what? How does that threaten her life? But it’s okay for her to threaten innocent lives by speeding and driving erratically! It’s not like she was going to the police station or calling the police for protection! Have we not learned anything from
Princess Diana dying to avoid being photographed?

Old 04-28-2024, 08:07 PM

I've seen people bringing up the pricess di indicent with this...how she died was sad...but the paparazzi arent going away. perhaps some rules should be put in place...but they'll always be broken by some paparazzi person who will take that risk/break the rules to get paid.

Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

5,243 posts, read 6,161,620 times
I am most likely probably the only one that does see her point, but yes the speeding was wrong.

It is a double edged sword as once you cross that line and enter into the celebrity, famous person status you have basically signed an unwritten contract that puts you out there and everything in your life will now unfortunately be under the public’s microscope.

You have to be on guard 24/7 as your actions will now become fodder for the world especially with social media.

I can see where she could be upset with this particular photographer, right now any pictures of a love interest are a hot commodity and hence the relentless hounding.

In some cases it’s sad the way the paparazzi hangout just to capture older actors like recently seen Gene Hackman, Kathleen Turner and other specific actors that may have fallen on hard times. As long as the public has the thirst for the good, bad and the ugly of celebrity’s life’s it will continue.

Two years ago Travis Kelce could come and go as he pleased, now every beer drinking, lost ring in the chili is a moment is captured for an instant headline.

It’s real life but I would rather remember my movie idols as they were not being hounded for internet clicks. I would hate to be in her position trying gracefully to walk down a sidewalk all the while hearing the clicks of the camera and seeing te photographers ahead of me just shooting away.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/09/entert...-using-a-cane/

Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

10,117 posts, read 14,998,841 times
A woman crying about nothing isn’t particularly weird. Many women even cry when watching a movie or program where the story is of some great love and the vicitudes the woman goes through, despite everyone knows it’s fiction! They cry if it’s sad and they cry when it’s very positive!

This is not to say that there aren’t women that don’t cry about the most insignificant of things or that there are no men to are also cry babies.

I hope what catches the most interest isn’t the crying from her part. Normal and expected!

Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

I think some are trying to make it seem like she was treated poorly by the cop....and that's a bit maddening. A billionaire supermodel pulled over for a reason...but let's make the cop out to be the bad guy and feel sorry for her.

Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM

36,564 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I agree.
I noticed the mayor never said exactly what the officer should have done about the "paparazzi". What was his legal obligation?
I thought the officer was professional, courteous, and as sympathetic as could be expected.

I would guess that if this had been some random nobody woman speeding and crying about being followed the mayor wouldn't have given two shats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events