Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 07:05 AM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, in the state of Nebraska, the age of consent is 16.
Maybe be was OK with that.
What was inappropriate: teacher -student relationship. But I don't believe that he was "abused".

Big outrage when older woman has sex with a young boy, but very few bat an eye when an old man has sex with a young woman.
What planet do you live on?
If the genders were reversed he'd be in jail and on the SRO in fourteen seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have a hard time understanding why a 17 year old boy would be interested in a 45 yr old woman. I mean she's attractive but at 17 are you really fantasizing about 40 something year old women?? That is a big big age difference

As for her I obviously don't get that either. Sick sick.
You're making this out as if this was a mutually pursued relationship. 17 year old males are more "down for whatever."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 07:17 AM

16,272 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Why do they continue to do this knowing how much trouble it can get them into? And why are the teachers always good looking?

Old 04-16-2024, 07:40 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I have a hard time understanding why a 17 year old boy would be interested in a 45 yr old woman. I mean she's attractive but at 17 are you really fantasizing about 40 something year old women?? That is a big big age difference

As for her I obviously don't get that either. Sick sick.
Some teen boys do whisper and snicker about MILFs, yes. I'm not sure, but I suspect that ridiculous TV show about "cougars" (from an earlier era, at this point) fed some teen boys' fantasies, and maybe it became a trend of sorts.

There's also an odd trend going on with GenZ, some members of whom approach women of all ages. In some cases it's a bit extreme; even some of our members here have reported being hit on in their 60's by men in their 20's or so. One former C-D member I email with told me a few months ago, that some guy started hitting on her, and she shouted back at him (this was in public, so she wanted to make it clear that his attention wasn't welcome), "I'M 72!! ", and he yelled back, "I'm 28, so what?!"

I don't get it. But this almost seems to be a thing. Does anyone have a clue what's going on? It's mystifying, but I keep reading and hearing about this kind of thing. Are these-- guys with no options among women their age, or something?

Old 04-16-2024, 07:46 AM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I don't get it either. 45 is old compared to 17. I am 45 lol.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:20 AM

1,111 posts, read 606,309 times
I think many of us forget the culture in high school.

A 17 yr old boy has hormones racing, and a "MILF" teacher would be a fantasy for them.

In high school, I remember when a new substitute teacher came. She was freshly graduated from teachers college and very attractive. ALL the guys were "hoo'ing and haa'ing" about her. All the top jocks were talking about her sexually, etc.

The typical 17 yr old would "jump" at the chance to be with a woman, especially one who is experienced and shows interest.

My guess is that this teacher was "lonely", maybe top ranking hubby is married to his career and never home. Maybe she doesn't feel attractive anymore, so when some young guy shows interest, she can't resist.

What she did is simply wrong. Especially with the teacher - student relationship / trust broken.

But to imply that the 17 yr old guy is a victim seems a bit of a stretch. If this was a purely sexual relationship, then he was probably more than a willing participant.

Ask any man if they had a "tryst" with a high school woman teacher... "would that be traumatic"?

I'm betting most of them would brag about it, instead of being hurt by it.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:30 AM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
When i was in high schools the boys were interested in the hot high school girls...maaybe college. No one was interested in anyone's mothers....i also think mothers look different today than i was in high school (90's). There's a lot more effort that women put into their appearance to look younger it seems.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:38 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
I graduated high school in 2004... We definitely had the hots for some of the teachers. I recall one in particular during my Junior and Senior years. Yes, we liked her that much that we all still remember her 20 years later.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:41 AM

1,211 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Mary Kay letourneau started a trend
Whenever I saw a photo of her face or a video she never looked right in the head. Something was off.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:43 AM

1,211 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
I think many of us forget the culture in high school.

A 17 yr old boy has hormones racing, and a "MILF" teacher would be a fantasy for them.

In high school, I remember when a new substitute teacher came. She was freshly graduated from teachers college and very attractive. ALL the guys were "hoo'ing and haa'ing" about her. All the top jocks were talking about her sexually, etc.

The typical 17 yr old would "jump" at the chance to be with a woman, especially one who is experienced and shows interest.

My guess is that this teacher was "lonely", maybe top ranking hubby is married to his career and never home. Maybe she doesn't feel attractive anymore, so when some young guy shows interest, she can't resist.

What she did is simply wrong. Especially with the teacher - student relationship / trust broken.

But to imply that the 17 yr old guy is a victim seems a bit of a stretch. If this was a purely sexual relationship, then he was probably more than a willing participant.

Ask any man if they had a "tryst" with a high school woman teacher... "would that be traumatic"?

I'm betting most of them would brag about it, instead of being hurt by it.
Cool let me know when 45 year old men can bang 17 year old girls and not get a 15 year sentence.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:46 AM

7,899 posts, read 3,450,203 times
I was friends with a woman who told a story about a teacher she was having sex with in high school. He would buy her beer and they would have sex and she remarked that to that day it was some of the best sex she ever had in her life. She was not traumatized in the least, and looked back on it with nostalgia. That doesn't mean it wasn't wrong, or that it's not wrong even if a boy does high five his buddies afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events