Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 06:27 PM

6,473 posts, read 4,001,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Good question, none of the articles say.

He's been moved to the jail from the hospital.

Driver in CA cliff crash moved from hospital to jail
And then the next article I read the other day, they were charging him, so now apparently they again think he did it. All that article said was that they thought so based on something the wife said at the scene.

Have the police talked to any of them since then? I read that the wife's lawyer isn't allowing it until she's better... I understand it must've been an awful and traumatic thing to have to relive for the police, but if this guy did it on purpose, seems to me they need to know that ASAP (or, if he didn't, know it ASAP before he spends too long in jail for it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2023, 01:17 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And then the next article I read the other day, they were charging him, so now apparently they again think he did it. All that article said was that they thought so based on something the wife said at the scene.

Have the police talked to any of them since then? I read that the wife's lawyer isn't allowing it until she's better... I understand it must've been an awful and traumatic thing to have to relive for the police, but if this guy did it on purpose, seems to me they need to know that ASAP (or, if he didn't, know it ASAP before he spends too long in jail for it).

I agree the wife should be speaking to LE. Can't believe she has not yet.

They supposedly have video and testimony from people who saw it.

Old 02-02-2023, 03:37 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
They have witnesses who say he made a sudden swerve off the road over the cliff. My guess is, that that testimony is what caused them to check for mechanical problems. They'd have to check for that possibility, before confirming (or denying) it was intentional.

Old 02-16-2023, 04:00 AM

Wife of doctor who drove family off cliff in Tesla urges prosecutors not to try him

Quote:
The wife of the California doctor accused of intentionally driving his Tesla off a cliff with her and their two children aboard has urged authorities not to prosecute him.

Dharmesh Patel, 41, pleaded not guilty last week to three counts of attempted murder and two enhancements — for the severe injuries his wife, Neha, 41, and 7-year-old daughter suffered.

But defense attorney Josh Bentley shocked the courtroom when he said Neha doesn’t want her husband prosecuted – even though she reportedly screamed that he “intentionally tried to kill us” to first responders, KNTV reported.

“Regardless of whether she is cooperative, we believe we have sufficient evidence to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt,” he said in the Redwood City courtroom

Old 02-16-2023, 11:29 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,761 posts, read 58,170,577 times
Why would the DA or courtroom be shocked by this? He's a lawyer, I would assume he'd give the same advice if she was his client. Gonna be some really expensive medical, damages, rescue payments due if intentional. Button up, say NOTHING.

Quote:
defense attorney Josh Bentley shocked the courtroom when he said Neha doesn’t want her husband prosecuted – even though she reportedly screamed that he “intentionally tried to kill us” to first responders, KNTV reported.

Old 08-16-2023, 09:47 AM
SFX

1,645 posts, read 900,691 times
Doctor accused of ‘purposely’ driving family off cliff asks for mental health treatment instead of prison

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/dad-ac...ead-of-prison/

I wonder what his patients are going through.

Old 08-16-2023, 09:54 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,004,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX View Post
Doctor accused of ‘purposely’ driving family off cliff asks for mental health treatment instead of prison

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/dad-ac...ead-of-prison/

I wonder what his patients are going through.
After this, he still has patients?

Old 08-16-2023, 08:51 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,994,842 times
It's not so strange that Neha doesn't want her husband prosecuted. He's the main breadwinner.

Old 08-16-2023, 09:22 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,295,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It's not so strange that Neha doesn't want her husband prosecuted. He's the main breadwinner.
A big gamble on her part, IMO. If he tried once, what's to say he won't try again? I'd want to be as far away from him as possible, preferably with him in prison. Money is useless if you're dead.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:36 AM

He was supposed to have court again the end of July, not seeing an updated article on google. Wonder if it got rescheduled
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events