Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 11:10 AM

6 posts, read 13,596 times

Advertisements

We found out about a month ago that we would be moving the the Columbus area due to my husband's job. I did some research on schools, jobs for myself, things to do, etc. I lined up some places to go look at to live for when we're down there visiting in January. I was so excited to get a decent feel of things before even being there.

As it turns out, he'll actually be working in LaGrange. That's almost an hour away from everything I have looked at so far...so I can pretty much throw most of that looking I've done out the window and start over...which is okay, just a little disappointing.

I'm coming here to see if you know anything about LaGrange in general or any specifics of what to expect, or if there is anywhere between LaGrange and Columbus that would be good to live and look at schools. We have one child who will be entering elementary school soon. My husband is willing to make the drive for work but I also know he'll be working long hours often and I don't want him to spend all his time on the road.

Thanks so much in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,852,561 times
Have you tried Harris County?

Sits like 30-45 minutes away from Columbus.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:38 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,674,679 times
Check out Harris County (between LaGrange and Columbus). Excellent schools and low taxes. Lots of nice neighborhoods.

What exactly are you looking for?

Old 01-08-2012, 12:10 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,541,892 times
Lagrange is close to Newnan, a little, and columbus is about 48 miles from Lagrange. but I understand, its best to be in the city than the lake town

Old 01-30-2012, 02:43 PM

4 posts, read 25,907 times
I actually moved from Miami, Fl. to La Grange, Ga. I love the town as a matter of fact, I'm relocating back to LA Grange, the commute is not that far, Im actually going to live in La Grange and work in Columbus. I'm from Miami, Fl so the 40 minutes to an hour is pretty standard. But let me know if you like La Grange, hopefully my transfer will go through soon so I can come back. Good Luck.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,255,603 times
I'd go with northern/central Harris county or Lagrange itself. Commuting from Columbus is just so unneccesary.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:49 PM

6 posts, read 13,596 times
Thank you! We actually found a place in Harris County and I'm so glad it worked out so well. Thank you for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA