Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 11:47 AM

11 posts, read 43,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonatco View Post
I'm right down the road from this station and feel awful for the folks in those nice homes that will ow be watching people pump gas from the front porch of their formerly 300K+ home... Could not believe that station is going up there.

Yeah, it was a huge surprise to me. I live right down the street and am dreading the traffic that will result from the combination of this station, the renovated baseball complex, and the new Barr Lake subdivision. I believe that it is inevitable that Barr Rd will have to be widened......which will negatively affect the property of those houses across from the station even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 07:51 PM

306 posts, read 393,131 times
I have heard that one of the two Kroger Marketplace locations will be in Redbank on Platt Springs Rd in between HWY 6 and Old Orangeburg Rd. There has been a sign saying "Chinese Buffet Coming Soon" for almost ten years on that piece of land.

Also, I also heard a rumor that a movie theater may be coming to the Red Bank area. Not very solid information, but apparently the idea has come from somewhere.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Default Red Bank Submarket

The present competition in the Red Bank submarket includes Walmart Supercenter #4521 (Shoppes at White Knoll, 1780 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-8102); Food Lion #1562 (Springs Crossing, 1856 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-7225); and Piggly Wiggly #189 (South Point Center, 1123 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-7395).

A Kroger Marketplace store would create fierce competition against Walmart Supercenter #4521. It could cause Food Lion #1562 and Piggly Wiggly #189 to close.

Is there speculation of Publix entering the Red Bank submarket also?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:49 PM

I'm not sure, but I would love to have one in the Oak Grove area! I think it would do well. Also, I feel that the old Piggly Wiggly location on Augusta Hwy in Oak Grove would make a great planet fitness.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:09 AM

730 posts, read 1,401,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The present competition in the Red Bank submarket includes Walmart Supercenter #4521 (Shoppes at White Knoll, 1780 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-8102); Food Lion #1562 (Springs Crossing, 1856 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-7225); and Piggly Wiggly #189 (South Point Center, 1123 South Lake Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-7395).

A Kroger Marketplace store would create fierce competition against Walmart Supercenter #4521. It could cause Food Lion #1562 and Piggly Wiggly #189 to close.

Is there speculation of Publix entering the Red Bank submarket also?
Geographically speaking,

BI-LO on Emmanuel Church in West Columbia (5 miles) and Food Lion on Platt Springs in West Columbia (5 miles) would be closer to this new Kroger Marketplace than the Piggly Wiggly on South Lake in Red Bank (6 miles). It would be less than a mile from the Food Lion on South Lake in Red Bank.

It has been a long time since I was in that area of West Columbia, so I don't know if these stores are still there or not.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger17 View Post
Geographically speaking,

BI-LO on Emmanuel Church in West Columbia (5 miles) and Food Lion on Platt Springs in West Columbia (5 miles) would be closer to this new Kroger Marketplace than the Piggly Wiggly on South Lake in Red Bank (6 miles). It would be less than a mile from the Food Lion on South Lake in Red Bank.

It has been a long time since I was in that area of West Columbia, so I don't know if these stores are still there or not.

All of the stores you mentioned are still there.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:19 AM

11 posts, read 43,435 times
I am interested to see what will come to the old New Life Fitness Center on Charter Oak Rd....

Old 04-21-2015, 05:40 AM

16 posts, read 52,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboihill View Post
Yeah, it was a huge surprise to me. I live right down the street and am dreading the traffic that will result from the combination of this station, the renovated baseball complex, and the new Barr Lake subdivision. I believe that it is inevitable that Barr Rd will have to be widened......which will negatively affect the property of those houses across from the station even more.
I live just down the road from this and still can not believe or understand how they were able to get zoning for this?? That intersection is in terrible shape and congested already. I am hopeful part of the rezoning put some stipulations in the owners will have to improve that intersection.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:26 PM

I noticed what appeared to be a team drilling for soil samples on the parcel along 378 adjacent to the Walgreens at Hope Ferry this afternoon. Maybe something coming there in the near future?

Old 04-24-2015, 06:19 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,263,906 times
There has been a Hobby Lobby along with some other small retail approved for that tract for about a year now. My understanding is that the hold up is due to the developer deciding to move the existing detention pond to the rear of the development so that they would have more usable frontage.

If they are taking core samples I would imagine everything has been resolved and the project is ready to move forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area