Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 11:04 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
I didn't know we had any Hardee's that still had chicken. It was my grandfathers favorite. I will keep my eyes open. We do Bojangles for Fried chicken now.
Apparently select Hardee's franchise locations still offer fried chicken, which was originally Roy Rogers recipe. It may be a slight variation today due to trademark issues, not sure. But apparently locations in Swansea, SC and Barnwell, SC still serve fried chicken. As well as certain select locations in NC and Virginia.

Bojangle's fried chicken is good, but quality may vary by location. But the same can be said for most fast food establishments, including KFC. Bojangle's is moderately seasoned, but not as spicy as Popeyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 10:04 AM

160 posts, read 140,959 times
Default Nonnah’s

Nonnah’s which closed in The Vista will reopen inside The Haven coffee house on Main St in Lexington.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:50 PM

117 posts, read 183,739 times
Lexington thread has been dormant for a while... is there another thread I'm not seeing? Any news anyone know over the past six months?

Old 08-24-2021, 02:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,263,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Hopefully this is the appropriate forum since it is Lexington County. I have been researching and found out the the Hardee's in Swansea, SC still serves fried chicken. It has long since been discontinued at the corporate owned locations in the Greenville-Spartanburg area of the Upstate. Can anyone confirm any other Hardee's locations near Columbia that still serve fried chicken? Also apparently the Barnwell, SC location. Apparently these locations are franchise owned by Boddie-Noell Enterprises rather than CKE corporate.

Originally the Hardee's fried chicken was Roy Rogers recipe, although they may no longer have rights to the exact trademark recipe but may still be similar. Used to be a very good product, and some Virginia locations near the Roy Rogers region also still serve fried chicken. Can anyone confirm Hardee's locations in SC that still serve fried chicken, especially closer to Columbia or the Upstate?

I hate to dig this up from so long ago but I was driving today and noticed the Hardee’s on #1 next to WalMart had a sign advertising hand breaded fried chicken. This location has always had different signage than the other Hardee’s and is one of the “Red Burrito” units with a different menu. I’ve never eaten there but might have to give it a try.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:50 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexingtonDad View Post
I hate to dig this up from so long ago but I was driving today and noticed the Hardee’s on #1 next to WalMart had a sign advertising hand breaded fried chicken. This location has always had different signage than the other Hardee’s and is one of the “Red Burrito” units with a different menu. I’ve never eaten there but might have to give it a try.
The hand breaded chicken may refer to their chicken strips or their new chicken sandwich. But I will be curious to know if it is indeed bone in fried chicken. Select franchise locations still serve the fried chicken which may be a variation of the former Roy Rogers recipe.

The new chicken sandwich at Bojangles is good, but I have not tried the upgraded version at Hardee's yet. Everybody is upgrading to compete with Popeyes, which is very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area