Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 03:36 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proleadership03 View Post
A Las Vegas Devlopment Company have a huge part of pueblo springs ranch project, and too me las vegas is big part of pueblo present & future!

This comment for this thread.
A Las Vegas Devloper is playing a large role in Pueblo but Mike is 100% right Pueblo will never be a Las Vegas nor would I want us to be........

Last edited by Josseppie; 05-31-2009 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Dude, you can't farm in southeastern Colorado without irrigation water--except for dryland wheat, which people are figured out can be a pretty iffy proposition. Today, cities can easily pay more money for farmer's water than those folks can make farming. But, that's today. We are rapidly reaching the point that this country will not be able to feed itself; and, even if it can, agricultural products may be one of the few things we can export. Colorado, too, used to be a net agricultural exporter, and could produce much of what it needed to feed itself. No longer. That may be necessary again, when cross-country "just-in-time" transportation of food becomes prohibitively expensive. It sure would be nice if people could think beyond next week, and realize what sprawl and population growth is doing to this place. It's not just the place that may be ****ed from their foolish actions, it may be them. You can't eat suburbia--unless you legalize cannibalism. Maybe that's next.
That is a different issue as the only water Pueblo is buying is the Bessemer ditch water and it is only used in Pueblo county. As you know the dynamics are different here where the farmers are next to a growing city and out east where the towns are small farm towns. Here the next generation does not want to farm so unless you want to force them to they plan on moving on anyway. This allows us to keep the water and allows the current generation to do what they love, farm.

In fact, Pueblo is pushing for a water conduit to help out the farmers east of Pueblo by getting the water to them easier from the Pueblo reservoir. We realize that even though we will become a urban county in the next 50 years we still need eastern Colorado farms to help support us to make it possible.

Here is one article from the Pueblo Chieftain about it:

"Plans for the Arkansas Valley Conduit were kick-started this week, but there is still a lot of work to do before work begins."

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/04/04/news/local/doc49d6ef01d9f5a594449771.txt

Last edited by Josseppie; 05-31-2009 at 03:57 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 PM

532 posts, read 1,568,054 times
politicians aint scientists

Old 06-01-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticky909 View Post
politicians aint scientists

No, but Joe Garcia is the President of CSU Pueblo and is one of the main reasons it is now the fastest growing university in Colorado. As he makes this one of the largest universities in the state and builds a research and development program, companies will move to Pueblo and the scientist will come. Already private developers are planning research and development parks and energy parks. That will only make Pueblo a better place and by making Pueblo a better city makes Colorado a better state.

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-01-2009 at 05:51 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Today was the official petition drive kick off for the group who wants to have a mayor in Pueblo. I am for this 100% and will be doing my part to help.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Runyon Field

I have talked about how Pueblo wants to expand the Riverwalk to the baseball field and lake in the next 10 years yet I have never shown a picture of the baseball field. So decided to take a couple of pictures so you guys can see what it looks like. The name of it is Runyon field and it is located just east of the interstate and west of Runyon lake.

Keep in mind the history of this baseball field as it dates back to the early part of the 20th century. Many many great baseball players have played here when Pueblo was the home to the minor league team to the former Brooklyn Dodgers.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 PM

The Pueblo Board of Water Works invited me to go on a 2 day trip in July to see where and how Pueblo gets our water. It is July 15 and July 16. I will go and take notes and take pictures and report back here what I find. As soon as I get the itinerary I will post it so you guys know where I will be, for now all I know is that it starts in Leadville.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,488 times
Thanks for the updates on Pueblo, I sooo want to be there already, but it's nice to see the advancements it's making.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM

Thank you! I am going to try to get to Pinon Ridge today and if I do I will post a update on that project....

Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Question Where does Pueblo get its water?

I got my itinerary today for the board of water works tour, so you guys know what it is here is the description from the letter:

"The board and I are exited that you will be joining us for the tour of Pueblo's transmountain water diversion system July 14-15. We are certain you will enjoy and learn from this informative look at the source of Pueblo's water supply."

Like I said when I go I will take plenty of pictures and file a report when I get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado