Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 12:40 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Stewardesses/stewards are necessary for enforcing compliance of basic common decency, safety, handling medical emergencies, etc., as well as they can. The beverage/food is just a side thing of their real job. An unmonitored passenger area is not safe and the liability alone would put every airline out of existence.
I was an FA in the 80's. On our first day of training, we got the background. Cabin attendants were originally nurses. Now? I don't know how anyone can be a flight attendant for longer than 3 yrs at best. It's becoming a free-for-all with entitled jackasses on their "best" behavior. If I need to be somewhere more than 8 hours away by car, I'll fly. Otherwise, time for a road trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 12:44 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
Tried to take a last minute trip back home for the holidays. Spirit cancelled the trip the morning of. Granted, this was the time when all the airlines were cancelling flights due to conditions.

Frontier has been just as bad in some cases. However, for me, it's mostly about the lack of comfortability. Last time I flew Frontier, it was a red eye from Miami. We were crammed in like sardines, babies screaming on all sides of me. Nearly 4 hours stuck in an uncomfortable seat.

Spouse and I have a pact never to fly cheap ever again.
All airlines cram us in (coach) like sardines. Only first-class has decent seating. As far as the crying-screaming babies, that could be said of any airline at any price point. Although, people with screaming babies rarely seem to fly first-class.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 02-13-2022 at 01:09 PM..

Old 02-13-2022, 03:11 PM

557 posts, read 1,674,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
As far as the crying-screaming babies, that could be said of any airline at any price point. Although, people with screaming babies rarely seem to fly first-class.
I deal with screaming kids by using noise-cancelling headphones with Bluetooth music from my phone.

Unfortunately, that's no defense against seat-kickers

Old 02-13-2022, 03:17 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
I deal with screaming kids by using noise-cancelling headphones with Bluetooth music from my phone.

Unfortunately, that's no defense against seat-kickers
IIRC the crying baby thing happens after takeoff when the changes in cabin air pressure hurt their ears and getting them to take a few swallows of water or milk solves the ear pressure issue just like when we drive a car up a steep hill.

On cattle car flights with open seatings I always make a beeline to the back row so there's no one behind me to kick the seat or cough on the back of my head -- same for the movie theater.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-13-2022, 04:57 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Frontier and Spirit. Reminds me of the saying about flies being attracted to sh*t. Now all they need for the trifecta is Media/IT by Comcast!
Let's throw Allegiant in there as well.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:07 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,659,658 times
I would have liked to have flown the "original" Frontier Airlines before it was acquired by Continental Airlines (Texas Air Corp) in 1986. I heard that the service was superb with gourmet entrees and real glassware and cutlery.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:36 AM

1,471 posts, read 1,414,990 times
Couldn't be any worse than United. A lot of it is that many of the passengers are fat pigs, complete with their own extension seatbelts. Do you mind if we keep the armrest up? Do what ever you want because I am going to have a word with the flight attendant about the laws of physics.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:43 AM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times
Default "old" Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacreole View Post
I would have liked to have flown the "original" Frontier Airlines before it was acquired by Continental Airlines (Texas Air Corp) in 1986. I heard that the service was superb with gourmet entrees and real glassware and cutlery.
Those were the days.........

As a Denver-based Field Service Rep covering 9 states in the 70s & 80s, I flew "old" Frontier almost weekly. Yes, china coffee cups, real silverware, cloth napkins, steak dinners. Flights rarely full, passengers well-behaved.

Of course, this was before the deregulation of airlines, and while it did lower fares, now you "get what you pay for".

Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 AM

557 posts, read 1,674,194 times
Quote:
I flew them out of Stapleton a few times back in the 70s. IIRC, on a 1.5 hr flight or longer, they would serve a nice steak dinner with complimentary wine. It was great

Old 02-14-2022, 04:49 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,530 times
Quote:
I remember the free cookies.

Used to take Mexicana from Denver to Mazatlan every January for a couple of weeks.

Unlimited free beer on those flights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado