Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 06:11 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,296,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkyd View Post
I never understood the whole stewardess thing. I mean you get on the airplane and take a seat. Once in the air you can go to the bathroom. Plane lands and you get off. You where you wanted to go almost.
it's very simple. Flying is a boring and unpleasant experience. How much fun is it to sit for hours in an uncomfortable seat, with another seat back 18 inches in front of your face and an overweight stranger from Ohio in the next seat spilling over into your space? Onboard distractions, such as Stewardesses (or Flight Attendants, as they have been called for a few decades) are there to make the trip feel shorter
and less unpleasant with the distractions they provide (food, drink, etc.) That way, you'll want to do it again soon :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 06:42 AM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkyd View Post
I never understood the whole stewardess thing. I mean you get on the airplane and take a seat. Once in the air you can go to the bathroom. Plane lands and you get off. You where you wanted to go almost.
Stewardesses/stewards are necessary for enforcing compliance of basic common decency, safety, handling medical emergencies, etc., as well as they can. The beverage/food is just a side thing of their real job. An unmonitored passenger area is not safe and the liability alone would put every airline out of existence.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:01 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I hope the merger will be successful. I've never flown on Sprit. Frontier I have flown 4 times. I don't care about the level of service. The price is what I'm interested in. To me flying is just a way to get from A to B. I have never understood why people get so upset about the service on a plane. It's just a few hours or whatever. Get on the plane and get off at your destination.
I’ve flown Spirit about 4 times, Southwest, Sun Country, Alaskan, and Delta tons of times due to where I live. They’re all the same. Get on plane, wait, get off, what else is there to do? I’ve used first class on Delta and Alaskan lately and you couldn’t tell the difference between airlines. The lower budget ones don't have better seats you can buy is about the only difference I can find.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:37 AM

6,780 posts, read 9,332,326 times
I’m fine with giving it a chance to see what happens. I’ve flown Spirit once or twice and Frontier quite a bit and my criteria is usually this — if it’s a shorter flight and the price is right, I’ll fly Frontier. If it’s a longer flight, I’ll usually look to another airline and pay a bit more for a more comfortable seat. It’s nice to have choices.

One time I flew from Colorado Springs to San Diego for less than $100 total, even with a checked bag. Even with the drive to The Springs, it was still way cheaper than flying out of Denver at that particular time. Had I not found that fare to San Diego, I probably would not have done the vacation at all.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:10 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,079,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I’ve flown Spirit about 4 times, Southwest, Sun Country, Alaskan, and Delta tons of times due to where I live. They’re all the same. Get on plane, wait, get off, what else is there to do? I’ve used first class on Delta and Alaskan lately and you couldn’t tell the difference between airlines. The lower budget ones don't have better seats you can buy is about the only difference I can find.
Agree with you both.
Price, schedule, and most direct A-to-B is all that matters. Any "amenities" are nice, but I care more about what I do at the destination.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:30 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Stewardesses/stewards are necessary for enforcing compliance of basic common decency, safety, handling medical emergencies, etc., as well as they can. The beverage/food is just a side thing of their real job. An unmonitored passenger area is not safe and the liability alone would put every airline out of existence.
If attendants were not around, the airlines would need to have police officers instead. People’s behavior has gotten that bad. I mean, having violent tantrums because masks must be worn? Because someone’s seat is reclined even a little bit? Because they aren’t allowed any more alcohol due to already being obnoxiously drunk?

What a bunch of spoiled brats!

Old 02-08-2022, 10:09 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,044,643 times
These best thing about Spirit has been some of their marketing campaigns. The one I remember was the Weiner Sale, inspired by former politician Anthony Weiner.

Warning: Do not click the link if you find junior high locker-room talk offensive!

https://www.businessinsider.com/spir...scandal-2011-6

Old 02-08-2022, 10:13 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Frontier + Spirit = American Airlines.

Think about THAT one for a moment....

Old 02-08-2022, 10:24 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,114,264 times
Tried to take a last minute trip back home for the holidays. Spirit cancelled the trip the morning of. Granted, this was the time when all the airlines were cancelling flights due to conditions.

Frontier has been just as bad in some cases. However, for me, it's mostly about the lack of comfortability. Last time I flew Frontier, it was a red eye from Miami. We were crammed in like sardines, babies screaming on all sides of me. Nearly 4 hours stuck in an uncomfortable seat.

Spouse and I have a pact never to fly cheap ever again.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:38 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I hope the merger will be successful. I've never flown on Sprit. Frontier I have flown 4 times. I don't care about the level of service. The price is what I'm interested in. To me flying is just a way to get from A to B. I have never understood why people get so upset about the service on a plane. It's just a few hours or whatever. Get on the plane and get off at your destination.
I flew Spirit once... it was indistinguishable from any other airline....
except that I had to pay for water to drink, because I'd forgotten to fill my water bottle at the gate.
No big deal.

I flew Frontier once, and found it claustrophobic... there was only about an inch of space
between my knees and the next seat (and I'm not a tall guy). Tolerable, yes.
But I wouldn't put up with it again if I had alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado