Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,954,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhude sing cuccu View Post
Golfgal:

W&M is a great school; it has very good academics and some great professors but it can be a little competitive.
The campus is amazing, but I hate the city.
(I've been going there for a year.)
If you mean William and Mary- then yes, its very competetive to get in and doubly so for out of staters (its a state school). My son goes there and loves it...he says you don't find kids with a lot of attitude as you might expect. Its mostly Virginia kids and pretty conservative. He doesn't spend much time off campus- but I can't imagine Williamsburg would be a deterrent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,377,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
If you mean William and Mary- then yes, its very competetive to get in and doubly so for out of staters (its a state school). My son goes there and loves it...he says you don't find kids with a lot of attitude as you might expect. Its mostly Virginia kids and pretty conservative. He doesn't spend much time off campus- but I can't imagine Williamsburg would be a deterrent.
This is good information. We are tentatively planning a trip out east to look at schools this summer and if we do go, this is one school that is on our list. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzii View Post
Hey anyone have anything to say about these?

Penn state
CUNY City College
SUNY cortland
Pace university
The college of Saint Rose
Penn State is selective for a state school. 'Getting to be like Michigan. Small town setting- everybody I know that has gone there is very proud of it.
Pace is in the heart of the city- no campus in the traditional sense.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
This is good information. We are tentatively planning a trip out east to look at schools this summer and if we do go, this is one school that is on our list. Thanks.
Of- course the famous schools in this region are UNC, UVA, and Duke, with good reason.

Some of the most impressive mid sized schools we visited are in eastern PA : Layayette, Bucknell, and Lehigh are all outstanding and have BEAUTIFUL campuses. Lehigh has a a reputation as a party school. Bucknell is quite conservative. My nephew who went to Bucknell notes that most of his professors were US born, for what thats worth.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,848,047 times
I am looking for any online students who have done degrees via the following schools:

Oregon State University
Pace University
Post University

Any information regarding the schools' programs and your personal experiences would help.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:24 PM

9,372 posts, read 13,040,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
Penn State is selective for a state school. 'Getting to be like Michigan. Small town setting- everybody I know that has gone there is very proud of it.
Pace is in the heart of the city- no campus in the traditional sense.
PSU is not nearly as selective as Michigan. In terms of SAT scores/acceptance rate, it's more in the neighborhood of OSU/Pitt/Rutgers/Delaware.

It is, however, a very fine school.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:41 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,887 times
I live in Maryland and I am looking for a good, preferable Catholic or Christian, college for Biology majors that is either in Maryland or in a surrounding state. Any suggestions?

Old 01-21-2012, 02:47 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,942,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I live in Maryland and I am looking for a good, preferable Catholic or Christian, college for Biology majors that is either in Maryland or in a surrounding state. Any suggestions?
Loyola University Maryland sounds ideal for you. Mount St. Mary's is a lesser school, in my opinion, but might also be worth investigating.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Loyola University Maryland sounds ideal for you. Mount St. Mary's is a lesser school, in my opinion, but might also be worth investigating.
I have looked into the Mount because it is about 30 min. from where I live. I don't really like it, and it is a lesser school. Thank you for your suggestion, I'll look into it.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM

24,144 posts, read 32,563,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheIslanders50 View Post
Thanks so much, Sheena12!!

I'm looking for any School in the New York City area that has;

- At least an average Accounting program
- Doesn't require Accounting
- Where you can transfer 50+ credits.

Any other suggestions?
What type of school are you looking for exactly? Those were pretty random.

Also, you are confusing me! You want a good accounting program but you do not want to take accounting? That makes very little sense.

You can transfer 50 credits anywhere, but you are going to need to meet your new schools requirements as well. Most colleges require at least 36 credits in residence. And your major, if it's accounting will need to be dome at the institution from which you graduate.

What is your GPA? What school or schools did you earn those 50 credits from? Do you want to work hard and get a degree from a respectable institution - or do you just want to get out fast? I am hearing mixed messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities