Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 05:30 AM

116 posts, read 34,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
https://sports.yahoo.com/chip-kelly-...190736415.html

One of Chip Kelly’s mantras in leading UCLA to a record of one game over .500 in six seasons was “Habits reflect the mission.”

The coach lived up to those words in his departure from the school that continually backed him despite his middling results. His interviews with other teams before agreeing to reunite with longtime friend Ryan Day as Ohio State’s offensive coordinator reflected his mission to leave UCLA at an inopportune time for the Bruins.

A little more than two months after UCLA athletic administrators backed the beleaguered coach amid calls for his job, Kelly rewarded their support with an unexpected vacancy on the eve of spring practice and a move to the Big Ten Conference. In doing so, he will be taking what amounts to a demotion to prop up his own future prospects with a team that annually competes for a spot in the College Football Playoff.
I absolutely love this hire. I love Chip Kelly as an OC. Ohio State’s OL Coach Justin Frye was at his best under Chip Kelly. Now, Ryan Day, Justin Frye, and Chip Kelly all working together along with an elite defense. Ohio State absolutely has NO excuse to lose to Michigan next season.

In my opinion, Ohio State at least has to be in the CFP National Championship Game next season in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2024, 11:40 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowedBuckeyeDad90 View Post
I absolutely love this hire. I love Chip Kelly as an OC. Ohio State’s OL Coach Justin Frye was at his best under Chip Kelly. Now, Ryan Day, Justin Frye, and Chip Kelly all working together along with an elite defense. Ohio State absolutely has NO excuse to lose to Michigan next season.

In my opinion, Ohio State at least has to be in the CFP National Championship Game next season in Atlanta.
What if they don't get there? Would Coach Day be in the hot seat? I, mean, he's been pretty good with his only kryptonite being Michigan.

Old 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowedBuckeyeDad90 View Post
I believe that Coach Hayes swinging at that Clemson Player is what set the OSU Program back in terms of their overall record against Clemson and in winning National Championships.

Think about it:

The Ohio State is 1-4 vs Clemson All-Time.

Since that punch, Ohio State has only won 2 National Championships (2002 and 2014.) This is despite all the talent level in recruiting.

However, I strongly believe that a National Championship will happen soon for The Ohio State University.

I find it amusing that in player introductions for a recent NFL game (forget which), one player didn't keep their intro to the required couple seconds, so their intro was: "Joe Blow, The."

Old 02-12-2024, 04:54 PM

116 posts, read 34,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
What if they don't get there? Would Coach Day be in the hot seat? I, mean, he's been pretty good with his only kryptonite being Michigan.
With this roster upgrade, he has to at least be in the CFP National Championship Game in Atlanta. I really wish we made that field goal against Georgia. Would have splattered TCU.

There is absolutely NO excuse to lose to Michigan next season.

People forget that Ryan Day actually did beat Michigan his first season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football