Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the Best Coast?
East Coast (NYC, Phila, DC, Balto, Bos) 178 32.48%
North Coast (Chi, Det, Cle, Mil, Buf) 52 9.49%
West Coast (LA, SF, SD, SEA, Por) 219 39.96%
South Coast (Hou, MIA, NO, VB, Jack, TB) 99 18.07%
Voters: 548. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:06 AM

150 posts, read 215,152 times

Advertisements

East Coast for it's economic significance. There will always be work and money there.

West Coast for it's beauty and cleanliness... excluding LA, lol.

North "Coast" for it's down to earth people, and working class spirit.

South "Coast" is much like the North with it's friendly people, Southern hospitality, and nice weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 11:56 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,960,126 times
^

The "South Coast" isn't anything like the "North Coast". For one jellyfish, dolphins, waves, salt water, other marine life, reefs, seaweed, natural storms (like depressions, storms, and hurricanes), so on exist there because it's an actual coastline in the worlds 5 ocean system. The Gulf of Mexico is an arm of the Atlantic Ocean, what makes it classified as a "gulf" is that it is surrounded by land on three of it's four sides.

Now if you were talking about the people in the South Coast and North Coast being similar, then I still disagree. Have you ever been to New Orleans/Houston/Tampa Bay Area/Rio Grande Valley and then Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Grand Rapids?

People are culturally way different.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:29 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,796 times
I say the West Coast as it has amazing scenery and the most comfortable weather in the country, well at least California does anyway. The Pacific Northwest is a bit too gloomy for my tastes, but it's summers are perfect. The "South Coast" though has the best beaches, hands down. The water is so warm and the beaches are so soft, here on the West Coast our beaches have freezing water and the sand isn't very soft, but the scenic backdrop is breathtaking.

As far as cities are concerned, I like the history and diversity of the East Coast cities more, however I find that the West Coast cities do a far better job at incorporating natural beauty with urbanity. You can see this in places like Seattle where the mountains and dense hillside forests create a picturesque scene with the city.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:21 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,997 times
I'd never live anywhere but NOLA in this country (if I can help it), but the South sucks. It's way too conservative overall, to the point of being oppressive. The sad part is it has none of the positives that conservative states SHOULD have (a booming economy and low crime), aside from Texas.

I picked the East. It's economically sound, pretty, old, has an identity, has a good quality of life. Never been to the West or the North (except Cleveland, and I think it's unfair to base my opinion of the north on that particular city...), but the North lacks culture / identity, and the West lacks history.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:16 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
the North lacks culture / identity
How do you figure

Old 11-03-2014, 05:32 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
How do you figure
Okay, it lacks an attractive culture / identity. When I think of the north, I think of sausage and snow, and that's about it.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,882 times
Quote:
Okay, it lacks an attractive culture / identity. When I think of the north, I think of sausage and snow, and that's about it.
Well, when most people from the North think of the South, they think of obesity, poverty, filth, illiteracy, ignorance and fried everything.

It's up to smart folks like you and I to educate ourselves and cut through those negative stereotypes, or at least cover our ignorance by keeping our mouth shut while we learn instead of opening it and looking like an absolute fool

Old 11-13-2014, 06:50 AM

591 posts, read 781,623 times
Quote:
when i think of the south i think hurricanes, god, and BBQ

Old 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,655,847 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Well, when most people from the North think of the South, they think of obesity, poverty, filth, illiteracy, ignorance and fried everything.

It's up to smart folks like you and I to educate ourselves and cut through those negative stereotypes, or at least cover our ignorance by keeping our mouth shut while we learn instead of opening it and looking like an absolute fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder View Post
when i think of the south i think hurricanes, god, and BBQ
And all y'all don't wanna know what I think of the South...

Old 11-13-2014, 03:28 PM

696 posts, read 1,169,915 times
South Coast and North Coast?

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City