Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 02:44 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts, suggestions, concerns about two empty-nesters moving to Loveland? Obviously, we have no kids at home, so schools are not a primary concern (though it seems like Loveland’s schools are well regarded…couldn’t hurt for resale). It looks like there is good/easy access to shopping on/near Fields Ertel and in Montgomery. Also looks like there is good accessibility to 71 and 275. We like the area because the homes are not all the same, the landscaping is mature (fully grown trees, etc.), the downtown area provides for some dining options, one can enjoy the Loveland-Miami bike trail, and the real estate prices seem more affordable than Blue Ash, Madeira. Real Estate taxes look to be on the higher side (I’m guessing because Loveland doesn’t have much in the way of commercial properties), and I wouldn’t classify it as a “walkable” community—-definitely need wheels. But it looks like more pluses than minuses to us. Any thoughts regarding my perceptions are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2023, 05:51 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Any thoughts regarding my perceptions are appreciated.
Im thinking your right on the money. Loveland and surrounding areas are very scenic and give easy access to the country, suburbia, or Cincinnati. Great place to live.

Old 11-06-2023, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Im thinking your right on the money. Loveland and surrounding areas are very scenic and give easy access to the country, suburbia, or Cincinnati. Great place to live.
Thank you for confirming some of my observations on the area.

Old 11-06-2023, 05:54 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
I went to a wedding there a few years ago, great small town vibe.

The bride/groom are still residents/lifelong ohio residents but they have mentioned the meth heads are around. They had parts stolen off an old tractor in their barn.

Old 11-06-2023, 01:17 PM

224 posts, read 297,079 times
Your observations are pretty accurate. It's hard to say if or when Loveland becomes outrageously expensive like Madeira has, but for now, it's a very desirable area and appears it will remain that way for years to come.

Old 11-06-2023, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I went to a wedding there a few years ago, great small town vibe.

The bride/groom are still residents/lifelong ohio residents but they have mentioned the meth heads are around. They had parts stolen off an old tractor in their barn.
Interesting. I never would have suspected that being an issue there. I guess there are some things one cannot escape.

Old 11-07-2023, 05:01 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Interesting. I never would have suspected that being an issue there. I guess there are some things one cannot escape.
Its an issues everywhere but more so as you get out into suburbia into the country. Its not isolated to rural areas by a longshot but can be an expected part of life on some level or another.

Old 11-09-2023, 08:03 AM

189 posts, read 309,047 times
The Little Miami River splits the Loveland area, with Hamilton County on one side and Clermont County on the other. My impression is that Hamilton County has higher property taxes so the Clermont side might be somewhat more affordable.

Regarding shopping, I agree that you would be close to Fields Ertle, but for things like groceries, there is a Kroger on Loveland Madeira Rd. along with a number of strip malls for other businesses. There has been a lot of new development and renovation of old buildings in the downtown area of Loveland so most areas look pretty nice.

Those drug addicts are everywhere, but more obvious in some areas than others. They might not be as obvious in Loveland, and while I would consider it to be a safe area, crimes of opportunity can happen.

Old 12-18-2023, 01:53 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
There is a castle in Loveland that you need to check out called Château Laroche.
Bring your camera. You'll need it.

Old 12-19-2023, 08:30 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
When moving into ANY community in the State of Ohio, you MUST be aware of real estate taxes AND the presence of EARNINGS taxes. Some cities tack on an earnings tax on the income of residents who work in other communities that also charge an earnings tax. When I lived in Lakewood (Cuyahoga Co.) and worked in Elyria (Lorain Co.), I paid taxes on the same income in BOTH communities. That is why I have recommended to several friends to locate their businesses and residences in unincorporated areas like Anderson Township where there are no earnings taxes period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati