Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike043 View Post
its ranked like 19th most dangerous city in america
Ranked by WHO? I just love all this ranking stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 06:08 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw2009 View Post
What the hell does me posting something else on a different link? have to do with what i posted here. Get a life stop trying to be a cop, And police the post.
Is there something wrong with you? That you go on read everything someone else has wrote? Really? EWW Lets go trough all his post! See what we can find out. Regardless of anything i have said on any other link on this site, That's the truth about Cincy, my "home town" Not being happy with what i'm looking for in a place, Has nothing to do with the safety Of Cincinnati. Use your brain. If you don't like you car well then, You will never like ANY car. That's your logic? really?
Thank you drive trough.
PS. I posted because i don't live on these thing's i get them when i get to them. That's why it was 5 months , And why im posting now, why did you post to it 5 month's later? Must be that good Cincinnati Schooling!
i'm going to ignore your post cause --here comes a personal attack--- you are an idiot. Your rant makes NO sense. BUT, i am responding just so you know, i attended Lakota High school in West Chester, not a Cincinnati school.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:07 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,346 times
^

Old 11-06-2010, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,960 times
Cincinnati is a hick town. Comparisons with large cities are unfair. People that like large, cosmopolitan cities are concerned with safety but no obsessed with it like hicks are. To a hick Cincinnati is Dante's inferno. To a big city person Cincinnati is Mayberry with maybe a bad cold. There are dangers in Cincinnati, largely because there are a lot of REALLY broke and stigmatized people in Cincinnati. But Cincinnati is very mild compared to a lot of big cities. It is also very stifling and bland compared to a lot of other places. If you open the window to get fresh air, you're liable to also get flies. Cincinnati is short on flies and fresh air.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,859 times
Default Safer? Well, I am DOING something

I am DOING something to make the city MEASUREABLY safer!!! Check me out at [URL="http://www.gigaspot.net"]www.gigaspot.net[/URL] and see what we're doing for Cincinnati! (52yr resident)

Old 09-06-2011, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,036 times
Personally, Cincinnati is a throw of the dice. I LOVE my city and I'd never leave. But I have lived in several areas in the city and I have to admit-- coming from a cop family-- certain areas have reputations because those reputations are true. I have lived in WEST Price Hill (upper price hill by covedale) for less than a year and I have had a meth addict steal my checks out of my mailbox and use them at various retails. And I've also had my car broken into, count it, 5 times. They finally caught the heroine addict who has been doing it. So, to recap, I've been a victim of crime several times in an area that is on the "out skirts" of the bad area. I am not racist, my boyfriend is Hispanic. But those areas are seen as bad because of the crime ratio. My father is a Cincinnati cop and those areas, sad to say, aren't the safest.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer251 View Post
Cincinnati is a hick town. Comparisons with large cities are unfair. People that like large, cosmopolitan cities are concerned with safety but no obsessed with it like hicks are. To a hick Cincinnati is Dante's inferno. To a big city person Cincinnati is Mayberry with maybe a bad cold. There are dangers in Cincinnati, largely because there are a lot of REALLY broke and stigmatized people in Cincinnati. But Cincinnati is very mild compared to a lot of big cities. It is also very stifling and bland compared to a lot of other places. If you open the window to get fresh air, you're liable to also get flies. Cincinnati is short on flies and fresh air.
I actually don't agree with this comment. I lived in Guttenberg, NJ. Which is 5 miles outside of Manhattan. In living there I never once had my car broken into or had any problems there. Also, trust me there are PLENTY of poor people in bigger cities as well. Crime is everywhere, poor or not.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:19 PM

465 posts, read 473,869 times
Everything is relative. People in Omaha were sure that if they allowed people to park more than 12 inches from the curb blood would soon be running in the streets. Omahans are anxiety ridden nervous wrecks who apologize for even thinking about turning without signaling their turn. Everything and everyplace is relative.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulablanca View Post
I actually don't agree with this comment. I lived in Guttenberg, NJ. Which is 5 miles outside of Manhattan. In living there I never once had my car broken into or had any problems there. Also, trust me there are PLENTY of poor people in bigger cities as well. Crime is everywhere, poor or not.
yeah, the comment you cite was based on that poster's prejudices and insecurities, not on any actual facts or reliable information. but hey, it is an internet forum, you get what you get.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:10 PM

405 posts, read 891,002 times
Default re: cincinnati safety

I can't count the number of times I have read here that OTR is perfectly safe! That is why I found it interesting that the OTR firestation recently decided they needed to buy Bulletproof glass for their windows The pictures of the bulletholes from random gunshots was illuminating.

Not a real strong vote for the safety of an area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati