Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,585,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Yes, that is just great. I just don't know how much of a packed day he has planned. Only so many hours in a day.
Well they have to eat so they might as well give them a visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 04:42 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,981,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I believe you're thinking of Mt. Echo park.
Yes, thanks. Now that I think about it, that is really my favorite. I guess a lot of people just don't make their way to a park in Price Hill,, though.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:07 AM

268 posts, read 371,738 times
I'll check out Mt. Echo, definitely. I work just over the creek from PH, so that's easy.

I'll also check some of the other places. I was (and still am) attracted to the Incline Public House because I can kill two birds with one stone - have a meal and take in a vista.

We do have a full day planned, starting in a taproom at noon and making several stops from there. Right now, it's looking like Rivertown in Lockland, a beer garden stop at Meck's, over the river to Party Source and Hofbrau Haus, back across to The Banks, then up to Fountain Square, then on to Findlay Market, and a stop at Rhinegeist, then ending with a nice nosh and a view.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:25 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
^ ...and forget Mt. Adams??

Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
As long as you're going to be in OTR, you can take your "company" to Graeter's since they've now opened a mini-outlet at 1401 Vine St.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:44 AM

549 posts, read 849,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
(1) The Immaculata Church balcony/Mt. Adams. A remarkable view of the downtown and river; located on Guido St.

(2) Bellevue Park overlook/Clifton Heights. An excellent view of downtown, OTR, and Music Hall; located on Ohio Ave.

(3) Fairview Park overlook/Fairview Heights. A great view of downtown, OTR, and Union Terminal; located on W. McMillan St.
This!

When I have guests in town I usually have them meet me somewhere in Uptown. Right away I give them a taste of the city by going to Bellevue Hill Park. People are always blown away by how close they suddenly are to downtown. Then I do a driving tour all over the city. At the end of the tour, I park in front of UDF in Mt Adams and grab some ice cream, then we walk to the overlook at Immaculata on Guido St. People are always blown away by how intimate Mt Adams is, and it's SO much better on foot. That little two block walk gives a great little taste of the experience without wearing anybody out or slowing down the tour. It's also a good spot to talk about the history of the Mt Adams steps. Not every city has a pilgrimage spot, and they're especially rare in North America.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 AM

I'm going to investigate Mt. Adams, I think. I get annoyed every time I go up there because the streets are so narrow with the parking, so I tend to skip it. Granted, the only times I've been up there have been to eat at Teak.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll be checking those out as well.

As far as Graeter's, I'm planning on the one on Fountain Square, and there's a Servatti's there...bonus!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:04 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
I'm going to investigate Mt. Adams, I think. I get annoyed every time I go up there because the streets are so narrow with the parking, so I tend to skip it. Granted, the only times I've been up there have been to eat at Teak...
Your annoyance of Mt. Adam parking is understandable and justified, but please don't allow that to stop you from from experiencing one of the most dramatic views possible of downtown Cincy, the river and NKY. And also, the sanctuary of the Immaculata (via its side door) is open to anyone. Inside, there's the solitude and serenity of the most historic, well-known church in the entire city.

One other thing... Don't pass by nearby Crowley's Highland House without dropping in. It's probably the least pretentious bar in Mt. Adams--truly a relaxed, friendly place with reasonable prices where you and your friends won't have to scream to be heard. (It's also Cincy's oldest Irish pub.)

Old 06-26-2014, 06:51 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Your annoyance of Mt. Adam parking is understandable and justified, but please don't allow that to stop you from from experiencing one of the most dramatic views possible of downtown Cincy, the river and NKY. And also, the sanctuary of the Immaculata (via its side door) is open to anyone. Inside, there's the solitude and serenity of the most historic, well-known church in the entire city.

One other thing... Don't pass by nearby Crowley's Highland House without dropping in. It's probably the least pretentious bar in Mt. Adams--truly a relaxed, friendly place with reasonable prices where you and your friends won't have to scream to be heard. (It's also Cincy's oldest Irish pub.)
Mt Adams does have some impressive vistas from a few of its establishments. But I still prefer Eden Park for views which are more panoramic of the river and the City. Just walking along the sidewalk along the overlook you view a lot more of the river. If you happen to catch a barge with a tug you can just sit there on a bench and watch it meander by.

For views of NKY, they are better caught from the observation tower at the Carew Tower. Now that is one vista you do not want to miss.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:06 PM

Drove up Eden Park today, on a lark (I was downtown anyway). I just drove up past the Art Museum, skirted Mt. Adams a bit, then ended up around by the pool. There were a couple of benches there, so I pulled over, but I couldn't really see anything because of the leaves on the trees.

I'll have to do a little research and give it another go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati