Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:06 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,940,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I agree a decent deli is becoming a rarity. Quite frankly I have not been there for ages, but give Madeira Meats on Laurel Ave. in downtown Madeira a try. They are an independent butcher and deli, and have been there forever. They must do something right to have lasted this long. Don't let the looks bother you, it was an old store when I was young and that was a long time ago.
I have been very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Quatman cafe deli in norwood. I have always bought goetta there, but recently I bought a pound of turkey. It was the best deli turkey i've had in years. I don't know where they get it, but it's the real deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 PM

148 posts, read 213,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Taco Casa at Harper's Point, for burrito boats and taco salads.
Thanks, I'll try Taco Casa's burrito boat and taco salad.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:55 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,794,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencincy View Post
Thanks, I'll try Taco Casa's burrito boat and taco salad.
I have to admit, I have never been to Taco Casa. I like burritos and taco salad so maybe I need to give it a try.

But frankly, my favorite Mexican take out has become El Caporal in Mason on Tylersville Rd. The Mason location is their only only one in the tri-state at the moment, but they have multiple in Louisville.

My favorite take out there is the steak fajitas for two. And believe me it is enough for two.

In addition to carry out, I go there for lunch a few times a month. The cheese enchiladas are very good. I like the platter with the guacamole, the sour cream, the shredded lettuce, tomatos, and the enchilada sauce.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I have to admit, I have never been to Taco Casa. I like burritos and taco salad so maybe I need to give it a try.

But frankly, my favorite Mexican take out has become El Caporal in Mason on Tylersville Rd. The Mason location is their only only one in the tri-state at the moment, but they have multiple in Louisville.

My favorite take out there is the steak fajitas for two. And believe me it is enough for two.

In addition to carry out, I go there for lunch a few times a month. The cheese enchiladas are very good. I like the platter with the guacamole, the sour cream, the shredded lettuce, tomatos, and the enchilada sauce.
Must make another comment on what has become my favorite Mexican place, El Caporal in Mason. My wife and her caregiver go to an exercise class at the Mason Community Center on Thursday evening. This basically leaves me on my own for dinner. So this past Thursday I went to El Caporal. The first item in the burrito section of their menu is Burritos Mexicanos. Two flour burritos stuffed with beef tips and beans. Then covered with their own burrito sauce, shredded lettuce and cheese, diced tomato, and a healthy portion of guacamole and sour cream. Don't know the cut or how they cook the beef, but these burritos were surely stuffed and delicious. Ate one and asked for a box to take the second one home, thus the carryout. Had the 2nd one for lunch on Friday.

After I had sat down, my food was delivered, and I was consuming it, my brother and his grown daughters and kids came in. They had called ahead and had a table for a group prepared. There were 3 woman in the center of the table across from each other. They asked Uncle Ken what is good here?
I responded just order the Fijitas for Two, you three cannot consume them.

Yes I know, another one of my boosts for Mason. Well is Mason deserves it I will continue to boost.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Problem is we are all hopefully enamoured with where we live. That is what our life should be. If you are not happy with where you live - move! I definitely like El Caporal in Mason. Their portions are more than generous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati