Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 9,173 times

Advertisements

okay I am getting nervous we are currently looking to relocate in Lebanon. Why is it spooky? From what I get from these posts it is spooky and the people are rude and malicious. Gee can't wait to move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 07:12 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaJohnston View Post
okay I am getting nervous we are currently looking to relocate in Lebanon. Why is it spooky? From what I get from these posts it is spooky and the people are rude and malicious. Gee can't wait to move there.
No, it's actually ONE person in this thread who had chosen to open his mouth and assert his opinion as if it was fact. This is the kind of nonsense that gives different areas bad reputations. Honestly, I wish I knew where he lived so I could totally trash his part of the country, and I'm SURE I could find good reasons to trash it.

Listen, Rebecca - don't pay attention to the negative junk you're reading about Lebanon. It's is NOT a spooky place. It's actually very charming, and a LOT of people like it. That far outweighs ONE person who doesn't like it.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:54 PM

520 posts, read 1,853,797 times
Quote:
WCRob is correct. Nothing wrong with Lebanon. Its a pretty nice town. Nothing spooky other than the old Victorian houses that look haunted. Its a very nice place.

Last edited by WeeMadArthur; 10-04-2007 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: erased a word

Old 10-05-2007, 07:15 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I can think of some negative things to say about Lebanon, but "spooky" isn't one of them!

Rebecca, I lived in Lebanon for nine years. That was 15 years ago and things may have changed, but I found Lebanon to be fairly insular and conservative. Friendly on the surface, but I had a tough time making friends outside of work. It took a few years to find a niche. I was single and in my early 20s, while most of the people my age in town were already married and starting their families. Other than that, I loved living there. I lived in the center of town, which I loved because I could walk anywhere I needed to go, and if I was bored on a weekend afternoon I could walk down to Broadway and browse through the antique shops. The schools are in pretty good shape, and the community is very involved and invested in the school district.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:49 PM

610 posts, read 3,319,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
No, it's actually ONE person in this thread who had chosen to open his mouth and assert his opinion as if it was fact. This is the kind of nonsense that gives different areas bad reputations. Honestly, I wish I knew where he lived so I could totally trash his part of the country, and I'm SURE I could find good reasons to trash it.

Listen, Rebecca - don't pay attention to the negative junk you're reading about Lebanon. It's is NOT a spooky place. It's actually very charming, and a LOT of people like it. That far outweighs ONE person who doesn't like it.
Good form WC. Adds to my opinion.
I know I'm not the only person who doesn't like Lebanon - I knew dozens when I lived around there. Most of them chose to find a place in either South Lebanon or some town up the way there near that Caesar Creek area - but can't recall the name of the town - never went there. Others bought over near Daniel's Farm on the back side.
Now, WC, I went to great lengths to give my personal perspective while also taking lengths to advise that it was my personal perspective in general terms.
I don't like it. I find the people rude and obnoxious in general terms - and you only add to that perspective for me. I find the town dirty and dark. I like a couple of the old houses. That's all I know and it's an honest opinion. Soon as I learn more about my current town, I'll let you know and we can trash it together - just don't have enough info yet - I know there's a few things I don't like about it and a few I do. I'm looking toward someplace I like a little better.
Anybody who wants to move to Lebanon needs facts and also opinions. They'll be able to figure things out for themselves. You like it there. I had a problem with the entire county ... but as I have mentioned, I was away for 30+ years and hoping to see changes that never took place. The very next poster might move to Lebanon and like it even better than you do. Or dislike it even more than I do.
Better to fill someone with information than to try and blind them with PR.
And that's my final input at this time. Thanks for understanding.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
It's not spooky at all, and very few people here are rude and malicious.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
I just checked your other post, so which Lebanon are you moving to? Lebanon OH or Lebanon MO?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:57 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times
Lebanon is spooky? Wow thats news to me.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Umm.. I don't consider myself rude or malicious..but there is a large contigent of folks who are snobby and upwardly mobile..the rest of us just ignore them!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yeah ... huge tax incentives to developers.
What she said. But, seriously. Lebanon and Mason have active theatre companies. I happen to know folks from both of them. Lebanon is definitely a nice place to bring up a family. We are getting two large bowling allies (probably due to deferred tax incentives), we have a reasonably priced movie theatre.. a local train that has specialty rides all the time from pumpkin patch trips for the kiddies to murder mystery rides for the adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati