Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:30 AM

7 posts, read 96,190 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cincinnatti is one of the places my husband can relocate to. I would like info about nice towns around Cincy within a 30/ 40 min. drive, and where we can buy a nice house with a good size yard for about 300 to 400's k. Also would like to know how is the market for jobs around that area.
We are a christian/jewish household and we celebrate both religions, a lot of people told me that the towns around Pittsburgh are very religious. Is it true? Are we going to feel a little bit as outsiders for not being religious christians?
Also how is the nightlife in Cincinnatti? We really don't go out at night much, but would like to know that we can if we want to. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 01:43 PM

64 posts, read 316,007 times
Default lovely in Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilitis View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cincinnatti is one of the places my husband can relocate to. I would like info about nice towns around Cincy within a 30/ 40 min. drive, and where we can buy a nice house with a good size yard for about 300 to 400's k. Also would like to know how is the market for jobs around that area.
We are a christian/jewish household and we celebrate both religions, a lot of people told me that the towns around Pittsburgh are very religious. Is it true? Are we going to feel a little bit as outsiders for not being religious christians?
Also how is the nightlife in Cincinnatti? We really don't go out at night much, but would like to know that we can if we want to. Thanks
Well I can not fill you in on Pittsburgh......but Cincy is a very nice town. I am not sure what kind of night life you are looking for but we have some very nice comedy clubs. There are night clubs downtown but they are more for a 20 something crowd. Newport on the Levee which is right across the river on the Kentucky side is wonderful. It has entertainment and great restaurants. My husband and I are in our mid 30's and we actually go to Jags for nightlife. It is in the West Chester area and is a wonderful restaurant but the bar has a great band.
We live in Lebanon and love the area. It has great schools, great downtown shops, the biggest Y in the US, and property taxes are low. The housing market here is wide open in your price range. Lebanon has some great old houses, tons of new construction and there are still neighborhoods that still have nice yards.

Please feel free to ask me anything about Lebanon.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:05 PM

Thanks so much for your reply, you were the only one. thanks

Old 10-01-2006, 04:53 PM

351 posts, read 1,874,292 times
Default Check out Glendale!

You might want to check out Glendale, a village on the north side of Cincinnati (but within the I-275 beltway). You can get a nice home in this older neighborhood for the prices you cited (see the mls on www.sibcycline.com) (broken link). This community has around 2,000 people with a median income of $75,000. The community is relatively conservative (read Republican, and this from a Democrat!), but not overly religious. Downtown Cincinnati offers entertainment options, and there is a lot of local activity too. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more information!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,615 times
I see that you were advised to shop for a home in Glendale. That was my original choice based on its storybook look. Too quiet though. We opted for equally beautiful Wyoming, a quicker jump to downtown Cinti & UC in Clifton. Wyoming emphasizes gardens & backyards with varied styles and prices in homes. I believe you would get more for your money. I am sensitive to your Christian/Jewish family and the demographics of Wyoming would work well for you, too. It's both a professionals' and artists' town as well.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:32 AM

146 posts, read 789,612 times
I really like Harrison, which is right on the Ohio/Indiana border, 23 miles northwest of downtown Cincy. It's more like a small Midwest town than a typical suburb...there is a rather large rural area, including Miami Whitewater Forest (a large county park) between Harrison and Green Township, which is more suburban. The commute from Harrison to downtown isn't bad as most of it is on I-74, which is the least congested Interstate in the Cincy area.

As for nightlife, in its most recent annual ranking of the 'Best Cities For Singles,' Forbes surprised many natives by ranking Cincy as the best place in the country for nightlife, which was one of the categories included in the overall ranking (Cincy ranked #26 out of 40 overall).

Old 10-22-2006, 09:54 PM

450 posts, read 1,203,575 times
Default Good Luck

I think that Amberely village is a nice place to live a nice Jewish community I know of 2 proffessors that live there....As far as I am concerned Cinti is boring but thats because I am a single female...and how we got voted 1# for nightlife I have no idea....because Main st is not for me....I enjoy Jazz and to be honest water......so I am heading South....good luck on whatever you decide

Old 10-23-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Cincy

Thanks everyone for the advice. We are still researching, but will visit the area soon.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:14 PM

64 posts, read 316,007 times
Default Look to Lebanon

Well when you plan your trip out here please make a trip to Lebanon. If nothing else but to come downtown and shop.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:47 PM

11 posts, read 41,194 times
Default Maineville is great too!

Another area to consider is Maineville. It is located in Warren County, close to I-71, King's Island, shopping, etc. They have great schools, friendly people, and great, affordable housing. You can buy an amazing house in your price range!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati