Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 9,078 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the great information about Ryan Homes. Does anyone know anything about Dixon or M/I homes? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 AM

5 posts, read 29,344 times
Mac3of4, I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. Have you had any luck getting Ryan to resolve the leakage problem? Just curious, where did you build, are you in Cincinnati?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:57 PM

14 posts, read 96,886 times
shodgson,

Yes, Ryan fixed the cracks in our basement walls. The waterproofer came out Christmas Eve and took care of them. The drywaller is coming Tuesday to drywall the place they had to cut out. I hope he is not one of the guys who drywalled the house. I already have visible seams throughout, I don't need anymore. Now the problem is I have a large crack in my garden bathtub. On further inspection I could tell that it had been repaired previously. Ryan refuses to replace the tub they want to send someone to repair it. If the repair didn't work the first time, I don't think it will work this time. The "tub guy" said that Ryan puts abosolutely no support under the tub and that the larger tubs can flex too much causing it to crack. Makes since. I am just really frustrated right now. We also have leak in one of the windows in the masterbath. Never ending saga. I actually feel like a fool. Oh well, never make this mistake again. Thanks for your concern. I just hope people stay away from Ryan homes!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Shodgson,

I am in the Farms of Heatherwoode in Springboro.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,052 times
Anyone have any idea of what's going on w/Ryan Homes and Oberer? It appears that Ryan has taken over many of Oberer's communities.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,555,140 times
Sorry - don't know anything about Oberer. But Ryan is still a pretty viable builder - they have been very smart with their land options, adjusting staffing, and pulling out of neighborhoods that are not viable in this economic climate. Because of that they have had the ability to take over neighborhoods that other builders have abandoned (see Beazer in the N. Cincinnati area).

Whether you like their home quality or not (so far we are satisfied, not thrilled, with ours) - they are a very smart business.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:04 AM

We had the drywaller in to fix the area that leaked in the basement, and he did a fantastic job. No seams, no blemishes, nothing but pristine looking wall. He owns his own drywall business and Ryan subcontracts with him. He was very nice and empathetic to our needs. He even touched up areas that my kids had dinged in the basement. I didn't even ask him to do that. He will be coming in for the 1 year drywall fix. He said he would address any seams that I had and of course nail pops. I trust that this guy can fix my house of jigsaw pieces.lol! Finally someone who knows what he is doing. Now if we could just get them to fix the cracked driveway, we will be set (dreaming).

Old 01-19-2009, 12:24 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,555,140 times
Mac30f4

We had our driveway fixed (two separate places, at two times - one slab and the approach) no problem. Long as the crack is "big" enough (quarter inch or larger) they should fix without question.

Glad to hear about your drywall experience. Could you DM me your drywall guy's info (if you got a card). We're in Lebanon and that's not too far - perhaps we could call on him in the future. I have a feeling our 1 year drywall touch-up will only be the beginning for us!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 AM

Once again we have a leak in the basement. Two huge cracks in the walls from ceiling to floor. And Yes the basement is finished. This home is only 8 months old and we have already had 3 major leaks. I will let you know what happens. Oh and the district manager who oversees this area said that the cracking is normal. Yea and I was born yesterday.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 AM

2 posts, read 7,522 times
Dont Buy Maple Street Homes they are worst Homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati