Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 09:51 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileywitch View Post
There is a little bar McCaully's Pub 6750 Fields Ertel Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241.They have a great Pizza for a decent price. Easy relaxed Bar atmosphere. They have a lot of good food on the menu; we usually cannot go without ordering a Lg deluxe.
Pizza is a food which carries such a personal preference. Today they are trying to expand the menu with toppings to exceed the hamburger business. For several years we had a small business here in Mason who was a supplier to independent stores. Out of the same store he shipped from he had a supply of doughs and all the rest to take home and make your own pizza concoction. I was so disappointed when he discontinued business. Still in my mind some of the best pizza I ever had. I am a cheese freak, all kinds from Mozzarella to Pepper Jack to Sharp Cheddar. So in my mind the pizzas I make at home are the best, especially when I Load them with cheese. Last week we bought a store-bought pizza, brought it home, and buried it in cheese and spinach. Of course with spinach you want white cheese. Never had a pie from a takeout which could compare. That is one of the experiments with pizza, cook what you like and enjoy. One of the most flexible foods around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 11:01 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
^Not a bad idea if you're looking for more variety.

Right now I'm enjoying the Digiorno 9" thin crust pizzas. It's about an individual serving, and tastes great coming out of a toaster oven. Then again my recent diet has been bagels and peanut butter crackers so take my idea of "quality food" with a grain of salt (no pun intended).

As for rileywitch's recommendation, if I'm in the area I'll have to give it a shot. Sounds good. My best friend works at a place taht sounds similar, and despite their lack of presence they do have excellent Dayton (or Tavern)-style square cut pizza.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I am dying for a decent pizza other than Deweys. I'm tired of them. Anything in the Hyde Park area would be appreciated.

You should make the drive to Italianette in Silverton. Which reminds me that I haven't posted about theie second location which opened recently in North College Hill. It's a nicer eat-in atmosphere than the original, and the pizza is exactly the same--scrumptious. Same excellent service, too.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:51 PM

We can talk about pizza until time goes on. Will never agree to who has the best. Just a fact that pizza is one of the most versatile foods. I'l make my pizza the way I like and you make yours the way you like. Only one thing I know, we all like pizza.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:17 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
You should make the drive to Italianette in Silverton. Which reminds me that I haven't posted about theie second location which opened recently in North College Hill. It's a nicer eat-in atmosphere than the original, and the pizza is exactly the same--scrumptious. Same excellent service, too.

I almost jumped at seeing delivery on their website. Not to my area, however. But will definitely try it. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I almost jumped at seeing delivery on their website. Not to my area, however. But will definitely try it. Thanks.
Again, we can discuss pizza until the cows come home, and never come to a conclusion who is the best. That is just the difference in our personal preferences. But thank God that exists or we would live in one remarkably mundane world. Have bored enough people with my rendition on goetta. But am thankful I grew up in a family which embraces it.

My daughter actually took Thanksgiving Day and made a double batch of goetta since we had nothing else planned (when in your 70s that often happens). Still has several cartons in our freezer. She is unmarried (divorced), over 50, and just trying some casual dates with others of the same age. If the opportunity presents itself she brings out one of her tubs of goetta and says I will make you an unbelievable breakfast. If they never heard of it, yes it is unbelievable.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Again, we can discuss pizza until the cows come home, and never come to a conclusion who is the best. That is just the difference in our personal preferences. But thank God that exists or we would live in one remarkably mundane world. Have bored enough people with my rendition on goetta. But am thankful I grew up in a family which embraces it.

My daughter actually took Thanksgiving Day and made a double batch of goetta since we had nothing else planned (when in your 70s that often happens). Still has several cartons in our freezer. She is unmarried (divorced), over 50, and just trying some casual dates with others of the same age. If the opportunity presents itself she brings out one of her tubs of goetta and says I will make you an unbelievable breakfast. If they never heard of it, yes it is unbelievable.

Now, now, KJ, are you throwing the daughter under the bus or is the foregoing just a syntax problem?

I'm going to give you and the daughter the benefit of the doubt and think the best which does not include a casual date involving breakfast. Even at 50.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Now, now, KJ, are you throwing the daughter under the bus or is the foregoing just a syntax problem?

I'm going to give you and the daughter the benefit of the doubt and think the best which does not include a casual date involving breakfast. Even at 50.
Sorry if I presented it wrong, which is my fault entirely. I will state at 50 she is still a stunning individual. Somebody come out and please rescue this lovely lady from a life of despair. I know when she sees this my name e is mud.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Sorry if I presented it wrong, which is my fault entirely. I will state at 50 she is still a stunning individual. Somebody come out and please rescue this lovely lady from a life of despair. I know when she sees this my name e is mud.

Hahaha! No one really thinks you meant that. Its just when the young folks talk about dating and breakfast they mean something entirely different.

I think a gal that can make good Goetta is a pretty good catch.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:23 PM

114 posts, read 228,762 times
Wilson, have you tried the new Romeo's Pizza in the strip with Penn Station and Smash Burger? The deep dish isn't great but their tradition crust is pretty good and they seem to have pretty nice quality toppings.

I am still impatiently waiting for a Jet's Pizza to add a location somewhere near Hyde Park (all of them are in the outer suburbs!?!?) but Romeo's is a pretty good pizza and way cheaper than Dewey's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati