Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2023, 11:00 PM

660 posts, read 266,454 times

Advertisements

Believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be saved. And thus, everyone will become believers in Jesus Christ. And thus everyone will go to Heaven because all people will have the Holy Spirit wrapped around them, protecting them permanently
Romans 5:18: "Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men."

I was outside in the real world and saw someone post three links to the GotQuestions.org site. I’ve heard of the site before so I recognized it and it gave me the idea to rebuke them, since what they post online has real world consequences!
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ

The problem with Got Questions is that there are many different answers they have to questions, which can also be their advantage. If someone wants to search up something specific, they have an answer for it. Though they claim to have “Biblical Answers” not all of their answers are Biblical and some of their answers even contradict the true scriptures. Thus, I will be going through a brief list of what Got Questions get right and what Got Questions get false. I can’t go through absolutely everything because they have a full team of volunteers who answer questions and I’m just, well me lol, Harold Samson, managing this whole site. But I will try my best
Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/sola-fide.html = TRUE
Got Questions gets faith alone salvation right, because we must only believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be saved. They are against works salvation, so this is good.
John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

https://www.gotquestions.org/once-sa...ays-saved.html = TRUE
Got Questions says that OSAS, Once Saved Always Saved is true. This means that once a person receives salvation from God the first time by believing in Jesus Christ by faith alone, they are saved. This is also known as the Doctrine of Eternal Security.
Romans 3:24 And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Got Question gets Annihilationism is false right. Nobody will be destroyed forever. Everyone will be given permanent life through Christ. Which leads into the next article.
EZEKIEL 18:23 Have I any desire, says the Lord God, for the death of a wicked man? Will I not rather that he should mend his ways and live?

https://www.gotquestions.org/universalism.html
Got Question states that Universal Salvation is false, but this is false. Universal Salvation through Jesus Christ is the Biblical truth! Got Questions is against Christian Universalism, but Christian Universalism is true! I say this truth out of kindness. Everyone will go to Heaven because Christ will convince every person in existence to believe in Him and be saved permanently. Even those in Sheol who died before believing in Christ will eventually come to have faith alone in Jesus and go to Heaven. No one is out of reach for the Lord, there is always a second chance for those who need or want it!
EZEKIEL 37:12 I will open your graves and bring you up from them, and restore you to the land of Israel . You shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them, 0 my people.

https://www.gotquestions.org/hell-real-eternal.html
Got Questions also promotes the lie that is Eternal Conscious Torment. This is false. No loving God would torture people forever! Everyone will be saved and Hell will be empty. Sheol is only temporary mental anguish, when a person recognizes that they have sins, and that anguish will have an end. Torment will not last forever. Torment will not be physical pain. We are not to repay evil with evil.
HOSEA 14:4, 9 I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them .... Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them.

There are many other Got Questions articles but I will stop there.
HABAKKUK 1:5 Loom ... and watch-and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 11:25 PM

209 posts, read 73,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
No loving God would torture people forever!
This is the one thing that just about everyone on the planet would universally agree on... except Christians.

Satan laughs.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:15 AM

4,734 posts, read 1,279,472 times
Universalism is a false system built on fantasy and not the objective facts of scripture. It denies the perdition of the ungodly wicked in contrast to the saving mercies of the righteous.

Phil 1:28

And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

The deceived universalist would say that perdition is salvation also, so really no difference.

2 Thess 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

1 Tim 6:9

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

" Which drown MEN in destruction and perdition"

Heb 10:39

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

2 Pet 3:7

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Rev 17:8

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Also the universalist is giving salvation hope to them whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, which indicates the Lamb was not slain for them. Rev 13:8,

Alas the universalist gives false hope to them God has ordained to perdition !

Old 01-27-2023, 07:52 AM

14,960 posts, read 17,301,908 times
I woke up this morning with a song in my heart and a peace that the Father is watching over all, that He has all things in the palm of His hand, that He is working all things out to what He has planned and purposed for His creation.

This week I was able to share my belief in the restoration of all to God in a few ways and I will continue to share the belief that God will one day reign in the hearts of all people, as God permits. He made all people. He loves all people. Jesus died for all people and Jesus will restore all people to the Father. Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and He will defeat the powers of sin, darkness, satan. He will abolish the power of satan, sin, and death. He destroys the power of death and the power of any so called eternal hell. He will open all eyes one day to the truth and He will bring all people to a realization of their need for Him. He will not be defeated by ignorance, man's so called free will, or the deceit of satan. God bless.

Isaiah 25

Now the Lord of armies will prepare a [b]lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of [c]aged wine, [d]choice pieces with marrow,
And [e]refined, aged wine.
7 And on this mountain He will destroy the [f]covering which is over all peoples,
The veil which is [g]stretched over all nations.
8 He will [h]swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord [i]God will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the disgrace of His people from all the earth;

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-27-2023 at 08:56 AM..

Old 01-27-2023, 07:54 AM

All will confess Him and believe one day. There are the firstfruits and then there is the harvest. Those who trust Him today have the blessings associated with this. They are being saved today as they trust in Him and live for Him

The rest of mankind comes later when all things are subjected to Him.

Isaiah 45:22-23
“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.

Psalm 22:27
All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you.

1 Corinthians 15:28
When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

Romans 8.

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [n]in ** hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. NAS

**hope=elpis=confidence, expectation

No one is excluded from the creation. God bless.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:23 AM

13,857 posts, read 8,151,346 times
This thread is turning into nothing but a place for universalists to spam their sermons.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:30 AM

1 Timothy 2

2 I exhort, then, first of all, there be made supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, for all men:

2 for kings, and all who are in authority, that a quiet and peaceable life we may lead in all piety and gravity,

3 for this [is] right and acceptable before God our Saviour,

4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;

5 for one [is] God, one also [is] mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,

6 who did give himself a ransom for all -- the testimony in its own times -
- Young's Literal

Another thing that people forget is that God instructs us to love all people, to love even our enemies.

Matthew 22

37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and [u]foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 Upon these two commandments [v]hang the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Matthew 5

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may prove yourselves to be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ...

Is our will the same as the Father's will?

Does He will for all to be saved and come to a full knowledge of the truth?

Yes.

Do we will for all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth?

1 John 5

14 This is the confidence which we have [j]before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

If we love all people as Jesus commands us and if the Father will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, we should also pray for the salvation of all.

He wills for all to be saved and we should also will this.

Do we have the love of God in us or do we hate our neighbor?

God bless.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
This thread is turning into nothing but a place for universalists to spam their sermons.

Posted at the beginning of this thread.

"This thread is a continuation of the thread dealing with all aspects of Universalism."

If you don't like this thread, why read it?" God bless.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:53 AM

This passage speaks to the power of Jesus Christ to bring all to Himself.

John 12

31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself.” 33 Now He was saying this to indicate what kind of death He was going to die.

Judgment is upon this world.

The ruler of this world will be cast out.

Jesus will draw all people to Himself.

The ruler of this world will be cast out, defeated. The one who deceives and blinds the lost will be defeated in the end.

The power of the cross will defeat all power of satan and satan will no longer have power in the lives of people.

All will be drawn (dragged ) to Jesus.

Someone says that people will resist the dragging. How then would satan be cast out, defeated, if he still operates in those who you say are resisting?

I believe that this means complete subjugation of the satan, with the final result being the restoration of all to God.

" I will (actually) draw all men. He does not say, or imply, I will try to draw, and fail. " T. Allin

God bless.

Old 01-27-2023, 09:50 AM

660 posts, read 266,454 times
John 6:33 "The Bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives Life to the WORLD."

God’s bread fills everyone, saving everyone. Have faith in Christ and be saved. All will become believers in Him. He gives life to the whole world! That means everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity