Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2021, 06:18 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That's fine. You can deny scripture and believe they will be in heaven with those whose goal is to rid their lives of all sin.

That won't make you right over God! But I'm afraid you will be judged with them.

Matt. 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Again, your opinion.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 06:20 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Again, your opinion.
I can back my opinion with scripture that you deny.

I would say your opinion is baseless, well maybe based on foolishness.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:21 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
That is your opinion.
yes, it is.

And if I am right, things are not going to go well for you once you enter in to the next life.

That is why you need to consider that I may indeed be right and take the necessary precautions.

If you read your Bible, the Lord will instill faith in you (Romans 10:17) by which you can be saved (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1-2).

You certainly have a choice as to whether or not you will cultivate faith in your life; and you will be held accountable for that decision.

And you may say again, That is your opinion.

To which I will say, consider Paschal's Wager.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:45 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The preaching of the Cross is foolishness (nonsense) to those who are perishing (1 Corinthians 1:18)....nevertheless it pleased God through the "foolishness of preaching" to save those who would believe (1 Corinthians 1:21).
The preaching of the Cross is not foolishness when it is understood as the unambiguous demonstration that the True Nature of God is agape love. The preaching of primitive ancient ignorance as the message of the Cross is the true foolishness especially to those who think they are saved by what they believe instead of by what Jesus accomplished on the Cross.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:49 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
It's going to be a rude awakening for you when you pass on into the next life and find that He is real and that He is judging you according to your sins.
If so, why would we be told that thanks to Jesus God is NOT counting our sins against us???? You and the other fundies are the ones counting sins against people, NOT God.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:49 PM

732 posts, read 211,240 times
Quote:
Again, your opinion.
God either accepts gays and lesbians into heaven or He does not.

The law of excluded middle dictates that is is one or the other. It cannot be both and it cannot be neither. The law of excluded middle is an absolute fact in life, it applies to logic like this here, It applies to scientific laws such as the statement- there is either gravity or not gravity on the earth. Or, to say something posesses the property of the color red or it does not possess the the property of the color red.
Something is either a dog or it is not a dog. Only 2 options, its precisely stated to take away ambiguity. Something is or is not.

God's word either confirms or does not confirm who will enter heaven and who will not enter heaven. Thats not an opinion to state that, thats factual, it eithet is or is not.

If it is the case that God's word does not confirm who will enter heaven, then everybody has to be worried about being lost, no single person can actually have any confidence whatsoever of being saved.

If it is the case that God's word does confirm who will enter heaven, then the simple examination of the literature will determine who will
and who will not enter heaven.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
It's going to be a rude awakening for you when you pass on into the next life and find that He is real and that He is judging you according to your sins.
Wrong. Been there. Bought the t-shirt.

Quote:
I, also, am not afraid.

For the Lord Jesus has redeemed me through His shed blood.
So the story goes. For some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
And that is the point, the redeemed have no fear, they have made things right coming back into fellowship with God.

Just the opposite with the unbelievers.
LOL. You'll find out what I know.

Quote:
yes, it is.

And if I am right, things are not going to go well for you once you enter in to the next life.

That is why you need to consider that I may indeed be right and take the necessary precautions.

If you read your Bible, the Lord will instill faith in you (Romans 10:17) by which you can be saved (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1-2).

You certainly have a choice as to whether or not you will cultivate faith in your life; and you will be held accountable for that decision.

And you may say again, That is your opinion.

To which I will say, consider Paschal's Wager.
At the risk of causing you another sleepless night....

If anyone is going to take your toddler-level representation of Christianity semi-seriously, learn to spell it right.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:31 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong. Been there. Bought the t-shirt.

So the story goes. For some.

LOL. You'll find out what I know.

At the risk of causing you another sleepless night....

If anyone is going to take your toddler-level representation of Christianity semi-seriously, learn to spell it right.
2 Peter 2:1

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,899,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24
That would be a seared conscience! They have resisted through the lust of the flesh to the point that the conscience no longer condemns them.

In this case, God has given them over to a reprobate mind.

Rom. 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Quote:
Their consciences are not seared. They are not going to hell, they are not condemned. That. Is. Your. Opinion. Opinions are not fact. I know each and every scripture you have quoted or will ever think about quoting because I am quite versed in the bible myself. It makes no difference to me how many times you try to use your scripture logic. These lovely LGBTQ folks are living their best lives, serving their God and being loved by those who don't give a damn what they do in their bedrooms or who they have sex with. The end.
You summed it up pretty much to the point where any further discussion on this topic is rather unnecessary, trobesmom.

However, this won't stop those religious automatons from bleating on about this Bible text and that Bible text that supposedly condemns homosexuality. As has been pointed out several times, these folks are not those for whom these posts of support for the gay community are aimed at but rather the visitors to the thread or 'lurkers' as some refer to them.

This is a 'new' thread, so to speak, so I can state again that the authors of the Bible would not have had a clue what 'homosexuality' even was. So, they wouldn't even have had a word for it. And, they didn't. Not in Hebrew, not in Aramaic and not in Greek. The later Bible versions (post-1946) that contain the term 'homosexual' are in error.

Some references to homosexual activity as found in the Bible are clearly referring to temple prostitution and perhaps rape while other texts are rather ambiguous since we have no idea WHAT they refer to.

I'll repeat this ...we have NO IDEA what they refer to!

What IS clear (if only through the use of logic) is that there is NO indication whatever that the Bible authors had any knowledge coming anywhere close to the science of human sexuality that we possess today. Even modern medical science doesn't yet have it all figured out.

And yet - and this rather boggles the mind - the religious anti-gay crowd simply cannot grasp the fact that the ancient authors only knew as much - or as little - as they knew. And so they (the religious anti-gay crowd) pillage their way through this discussion with their fingers in their ears singing 'la, la, la la' throwing this scripture around and that scripture around as if these scriptures are addressing the topic at hand. They are not! ANY Bible reference to same gender sex CANNOT be addressing the equivalent of today's gay community. And this is why we need to read between the lines of these scriptures to determine WHAT, as precisely as we can, they are really addressing ...if only to keep the silly religious 'fundies' at bay. And, some of us have done exactly that.

To the visitor or 'the lurker' ...this may come as a surprise to you but do you know how many references to same-gender sex is mentioned in the ENTIRE Bible? Well, including the ambiguous texts where we have no idea what was going on there are about a half-dozen. This includes both the Old and the New Testaments. Yep, at most there are SIX places in the ENTIRE Bible! I bet you thought that same-gender sex was prohibited on every page of the Bible the way the religious ones would have you believe ...right?

While in a Bible statistics mode ...do you know how many references relative to adultery is mentioned in the Bible? About 60!

Moreover, 'Thou shalt not commit adultery' is the seventh command of the Big Ten. This is the commandment to honor and cherish marriage.

Really? Is that working within today's heterosexual community? What is it ...50% of marriages don't go the distance? Divorce and remarriage (adultery) is rife. And yet . . .

...do you ever see the Charlie's, the justbyfaiths, the Irkle Berserkles, et al going after these biblical adulterers - those who sit in the church pews every week - with the same venom they aim at the LGBTQ community? No. Of course not. Actually, there's no venom at all aimed at the adulterer. Why? Well, they are overwhelmed by the amount of adultery going on in today's world and also within the church. Some of these folks may even be (gasp) adulterers themselves!

Whatever the case, cowards prefer to attack minorities since minorities lack the numbers to fight back. Try aiming 'God's wrath' at the adulterers sitting in the congregation and wait for the backlash!

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 05-03-2021 at 07:53 PM..

Old 05-03-2021, 07:42 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

You shouldn't kid yourself. God hates homosexuality. Says so in the Bible. God also hates people who eat shrimp. Also says so in the Bible.

So called Christians who practice homosexuality are in for a big surprise on judgement day. And the people who partake in shrimp eating are going to be just as surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity