Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2024, 08:14 AM

2,787 posts, read 2,695,288 times

Advertisements

The Gospel is a book from God, revealed to the Prophet Jesus,
it is the message sent down from God, to the children of Israel, after they deviated and deviated from the law of Moses,
and were overcome by materialistic tendencies.
It is a message based on the call to believe in God alone, asceticism in this world,
and belief in the Last Day and its conditions .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 08:44 AM

2,787 posts, read 2,695,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Do we agree with Paul on this?
Paul admitted that he would lie , so how can the lie and the truth can be distinguished.

Romans 3:7 ESV

But if through my lie God’s truth abounds to his glory,
why am I still being condemned as a sinner?

He also admitted that he thought, the meaning was unsure

1 Corinthians 7:40 ESV

Yet in my judgment she is happier if she remains as she is.
And I think that I too have the Spirit of God.

Old 04-24-2024, 06:59 PM

123 posts, read 23,543 times
The Gospel is the Good news that the Savior has come Matthew and John being actual witnesses telling you about him and his teachings.John's Gospel is very unique he doesn't mess around he tells you directly Jesus is God from the very first line Mark and Luke were not there We know Luke was from Antioch and was a physician a well educated man. Mark I am not sure his Gospel was thought to be incomplete.Peter would of had a big influence on the two as well as the other disciples including Paul.Luke is thought to of wrote the Acts of the Apostles it is also very unique as he writes in the first person as he witnesses it in parts. They are telling you Jesus has died for all your sins in the sacrifice he made on the cross and has been raised up which is the good news because you can now be raised up death no longer holds you.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:28 PM

10,084 posts, read 5,001,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Gospel is a book from God, revealed to the Prophet Jesus,
it is the message sent down from God, to the children of Israel, after they deviated and deviated from the law of Moses,
and were overcome by materialistic tendencies.
It is a message based on the call to believe in God alone, asceticism in this world,
and belief in the Last Day and its conditions .
Yes, the bad conditions of these Last Day(s) of badness on Earth as described at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 before Jesus takes the action as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 to separate people, then Jesus will come to the rescue as described at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.
The 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth' will rid the Earth of the wicked.
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22
The humble meek people will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
A beautiful paradisical Earth as describe in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
The Gospel is the Good news.........................................Luke is thought to of wrote the Acts of the Apostles it is also very unique as he writes in the first person as he witnesses it in parts. They are telling you Jesus has died for all your sins in the sacrifice he made on the cross and has been raised up which is the good news because you can now be raised up death no longer holds you.
Yes, there will be (future) a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous - Acts 24:15 - ( KJV just and unjust )
Only the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Because we can't resurrect oneself or another we needed someone who can resurrect us - Jesus can and will - Rev. 1:18
Resurrection is why we can say enemy death no longer holds or has a hold on us - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Old 04-26-2024, 08:43 PM

123 posts, read 23,543 times
I am not trying to criticize anyone but the Gospel should be preached in hope not damnation everyone always has to bring up who's going to hell bringing fear instead of hope. I never do that I always say it as the good news not believe this or go to hell.But the choice is yours in how you preach the word of God.I want to bring hope not fear and telling them they might or are going to hell will drive them away in some cases and they miss the message of the gospel.Fear is the opposite of hope.

Last edited by Paul888; 04-26-2024 at 09:02 PM..

Old 04-28-2024, 06:16 AM

23,243 posts, read 10,531,252 times
Quote:
I am not trying to criticize anyone but the Gospel should be preached in hope not damnation everyone always has to bring up who's going to hell bringing fear instead of hope. I never do that I always say it as the good news not believe this or go to hell.But the choice is yours in how you preach the word of God.I want to bring hope not fear and telling them they might or are going to hell will drive them away in some cases and they miss the message of the gospel.Fear is the opposite of hope.
Fear is the very beginning of knowlwdge, but having said that, you have a great post there because the gospel should not be presenting fear as the pomputas of love.

I think just a little fear should be mixed but you are right in its presentation.

The greatest tragedy of presenting hell is the fact that whomever presents it usually hasn't a clue about the 3 books that have the names of everyone born concerning their names and whichh kingdom one belongs.

Hell is an allegory for those who never try or study, or that they would put much stock in their religion, it is hell when compared to the higher zoe kingdom because the least of the kingdom ate going to do whether 100 years later or a thousand years later as the walking dead.

Ezekiel
After seven months, teams of men will be appointed to search the land for skeletons to bury, so the land will be made clean again. English Standard Version They will set apart men to travel through the land regularly and bury those travelers remaining on the face of the land, so as to cleanse it.

I would tell you in my good opinion, I would say this isnt about the deceased at all, an opinion, but a good opinion.

The least in the kingdom is not the kingdom Jesus was usually speaking of. When Jesus said that no liar or thief or the sexual shall ever enter the kingdom, he spoke of the higher Zoe kingdom, he wasnt speaking of the liars, the cheats and sexually immoral contained outside the city as dogs not allowed in the city, he spoke of people in the least kingdom, " The court of Gentiles."

The court of Gentiles is famously known as the court of darkness and it obtained this name of darkness for a very logical reason.

There are 3 sections of the temple, and Hebrews 8 says they were designed and built so we could know for sure what the kingdom of heaven really was.

The temple and all its furnishing with its 3 progressive sections like from brass to silver to gold, these 3 sections are exactly built in order to show us what the afterlife consists of, and everyone found within these 3 sections are saved.

Those who dwell within the holy of Holies are extremely few, in Revelation there is 144,000 taken out of every generation since Adam, and all those are Gentiles, that doesnt count the Jew in the least.

Thise 144,000 are high priests, each one knowledgable in Judaism, the religion of Christ.

" Those who keep the commandments and the testimony of Christ."

There are a billion Christian's, but an extremely few who have the testimony of Christ and who also keep the commandments of God.

Since the time of Christ we wait on those 144,000 out of all history, I dont claim to be one, but I am very aware what it takes to be one, and I dont know if I have all that but I do know what it is.

The outer darkness Jesus spoke of, it was no mystery because when you compare the outer court of Gentiles to the light of the Menorah in the holy place, it is darkness compared to light, and the temple isnt just called the house of bread, it is also call the house of Trumpets and the house of light, lights so extreme as to light up every courtyard in Jerusalem like noon time.

Art the feast of Tabernacles the light is so extreme that Tabernacles is also called," The feast of lights."

Old 05-09-2024, 07:08 AM

4,667 posts, read 1,217,841 times
Not only is Unconditional Election of the Children of God an Essential Doctrine of the Mystery of the Gospel, but indeed so is Predestination of all things and whatsoever comes to pass ! This doctrine was proclaimed in Peter's very first sermon to the Church Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Acts 4:28

28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

These gospel doctrines are joined together in scripture, i.e Rom 8:28-30, Eph 1:3-6. Paul here in these passages is explaining, going over Truths of The Gospel of God's Grace, and yes, in case none of you knew before, know now that Eph 1:3-11 is Essential Gospel Truth ! Those are Truth's, once revealed to one, that constitutes the Gospel of their Salvation by the Sovereign Grace of God ! However when the beams of Gospel light shines through Preaching, the natural mind of darkness, comprehends them not, because they are spiritually discerned Jn 1:5

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Until one is born from above, they are darkness Eph 5:8

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Those false teachers who claim one can receive and embrace the Gospel as unregenerate, contradict this Teaching, they actually Teach that darkness did comprehend the Light of the Gospel ! 13

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM

Quote:
First of all, I find biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
That is why Jesus and the OT both teach 'sleep' in death - Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14
Does anyone righteous go to hell __________________ The day righteous Jesus died he went to hell/grave - Acts 2:27
The Good News (Gospel) of God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44; Matt. 24:14) is that Jesus will take action. Thy Kingdom come...
Jesus to take the action as described at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15
This is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and bring ' healing ' ( Not to Heaven ) but 'healing ' for earth's nations - Rev. 22:2
'Healing' on Earth as described by the beautiful paradisical word picture painted for us at Isaiah 35th chapter.
So, yes, the message of the good news gospel gives us hope for our lasting future and the future of Earth.

Old Today, 02:44 AM

4,667 posts, read 1,217,841 times
The Gospel of YOUR Salvation !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Gospel of your Salvation or the Gospel of the Salvation of you !

Those who have been saved by Christ, and regenerated by the Spirit, God sends them the Gospel of their Salvation, this is because they are saved, for God does not deceive , for God does not send a People the Word of their Salvation [ Acts 13:26], and yet that person or persons be in a lost state ! For quite frankly, the Gospel is hid to them that are Lost [ 2 Cor 4:3]

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

The second hid is in the greek a Perfect Tense, It has been hid from them once and for all in the past with effects up into the present, God never sends them the Gospel as a word of their Salvation, because they are Lost forever !

The Gospel comes to those who are being saved in the present tense Per 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish[lost] foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Saved here is in the present tense, and passive voice here, they are being saved, they are passive !

The Gospel comes to the saved individual and they hear it [spiritually] and Trust and or Believe. Its not a decision time at all, but they are Enlightened of an spiritual reality ! See Lk 2:32 !

Those who teach Eph 1:13 as one having to meet a condition to get saved, such as faith, are perverting the scriptures and Truth of God to their own destruction !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity