Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2024, 06:11 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,435,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
You might want to check with the Greek/English Interlinear because it is Not good will towards all men.
It is ' Peace on Earth towards men of good will ' . That is a BIG difference.
Jesus connects the good news aka gospel to God's Kingdom government - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
' Thy Kingdom come....... ' God's will (His purpose) be done here on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
In Heaven there is No crime, No violence, No war, No sickness, and No death in Heaven.
So, we are praying for those same good heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth.

- Psalm 46:9; Psalm 72:8,12-14; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
That defeats the essence of the good news message......... God demonstrated his love towards us while we were yet sinner's, Christ died for us.
If you want me to believe he demonstrated his love towards folk of good will, it ain't going to happen.
God IS peace and good will, I dare you to say otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2024, 05:57 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,034,502 times
Yes, God IS peace and good will because God IS love.
God has mercy, God has power, God has justice but only God IS love.
The one who endures to the end is saved ( delivered / rescued ) - Matthew 24:13

Old 02-13-2024, 07:04 PM

14,950 posts, read 17,296,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
You might want to check with the Greek/English Interlinear because it is Not good will towards all men.
It is ' Peace on Earth towards men of good will ' . That is a BIG difference.
Jesus connects the good news aka gospel to God's Kingdom government - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
' Thy Kingdom come....... ' God's will (His purpose) be done here on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
In Heaven there is No crime, No violence, No war, No sickness, and No death in Heaven.
So, we are praying for those same good heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth.

- Psalm 46:9; Psalm 72:8,12-14; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
The passage NAS

Luke 2

8 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock at night. 9 And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood near them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. 10 And so the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is [h]Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a [i]manger.” 13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly [j]army of angels praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace among people [k]with whom He is pleased.”

15 When the angels had departed from them into heaven, the shepherds began saying to one another, “Let’s go straight to Bethlehem, then, and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they came in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He lay in the [l]manger. 17 When they had seen Him, they made known the statement which had been told them about this Child. 18 And all who heard it were amazed about the things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart. 20 And the shepherds went back, glorifying and praising God for all that they had heard and seen, just as had been told them.

In verse 10, the angel tells them that he brings good news of great joy which will be for all the people.

The good news of great joy is for everyone. Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world and the world includes all people.

This is good news for everyone.

In verse 14, the translation speaks of peace among people with whom He is pleased.

God brings peace to those who receive or accept Him. This does not take away from the fact that Jesus is good news for all people. All do not receive Him at the present time. All do not have peace with God at the present time. Many are lost and estranged from God, but we know that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world. This is good news for all people. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-13-2024 at 07:18 PM..

Old 02-13-2024, 07:14 PM

14,950 posts, read 17,296,624 times
What is the gospel?

1 Cor. 15

15 And I make known to you, brethren, the good news that I proclaimed to you, which also ye did receive, in which also ye have stood,

2 through which also ye are being saved, in what words I proclaimed good news to you, if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain,

3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings,

4 and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,

5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve,

6 afterwards he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain till now, and certain also did fall asleep;

7 afterwards he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

8 And last of all -- as to the untimely birth -- he appeared also to me,

9 for I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I did persecute the assembly of God,

10 and by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace that [is] towards me came not in vain, but more abundantly than they all did I labour, yet not I, but the grace of God that [is] with me;

11 whether, then, I or they, so we preach, and so ye did believe. Young's Literal

The gospel or good news is that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and was raised on the third day according to the Writings. This is the gospel that is believed and if we believe this, we are saved, healed, delivered from our sins. Because we believe this, we no longer live for self, but we live for Him, who died for us and was raised again. 2 Cor. 5: 14-17 God bless.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:03 AM

4,731 posts, read 1,275,430 times
God only reveals the Gospel to His Saints !

In order to believe the Gospel, it must first be revealed to us, as Paul said Gal 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

If Christ's Righteousness has been charged to our account, then the Gospel must reveal it to us Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Lets read Col 1:24-29

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery [The Gospel] which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Eph 6:19

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Now it is not even possible for the natural man, the unregenerate man, to receive the Gospel Mystery. This is why one must be born again to receive the Truth of the Gospel, to believe it ! God only makes it manifest or reveals it to His Saints, those sanctified by the Spirit of God unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13 !

Old 03-23-2024, 03:39 AM

God only reveals the Gospel to His Saints !

That God only Reveals His Special Redemptive Blessings to some is seen in the OT scriptures, for they were written for the Saints, the Set apart ones in the NT , Now Paul writing to the Church, both jew and gentile believers writes: Rom 15:4

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our [Jew and Gentile Believers]learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Now it is written Ps 147:19-20

19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

This Particular Redemption, Unconditional Election, Reprobation. It's like when Jesus told His Church Matt13:11

He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The Mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven is none other than the Gospel Mysteries. Now Jesus pointedly states that to some it is not given to them to Know, not now nor ever !

Jesus says " but to them[Non Elect] it is not given" which is in the perfect tense in the original, so its a forever settled matter ! 12

Old 04-06-2024, 04:06 PM

Election in Christ !

Election in Christ before the foundation of the world is a Gospel Truth Eph 1:4, for Paul is writing here nothing less or different from the Gospel of God's Grace, of which He preached Christ Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the Gospel of the grace of God, and this beginning in Eph 1:1-6 being nothing but a rehearsal. This Election was not merely prospective of individuals in time, but of actual and existing persons, as members of the Elected Head, Jesus Christ. We do believe that Christ through the inspired David reveals this Truth, though David himself may be referring to his actual physical body members, Yet Christ to His members that constitute His Spiritual Seed in Him, now observe Ps 139:16

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuity were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them.

Thy Book no doubt is God the Father's Foreknowledge of His members, and the Lambs book of Life, which all His members [ the Church Heb 12:23], these are the foreknown in oppose to these that will shortly hear these words "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.'" For you were never written in my book as one of my members ! 13

Old 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM

Election in Christ !

Now these , the Election of Grace, were Chosen in Christ before the world began, before Adam was formed from the dust. The Elect are a chosen spiritual seed given Christ before the world began. Election must needs be Eternal, because it's Surety is From Everlasting, for Christ, the Wisdom of God, as Surety Head of His Church, was setup from Everlasting Prov 8:22-31 vs 23

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Micah 5:2

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Now if the Bridegroom Christ is from Everlasting, so must be the Bride, since he who was typical [Adam] had his bride actually existing in him when he brought forth from the dust Rom 5:14, also Paul associates Adam and Eve with Christ and the Church, as a Gospel Mystery Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

This is part of the Gospel that Paul Preached as Revealed to him for Jesus Christ to preach ! Gal 1:11-12

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:09 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,034,502 times
....and who make up the faithful and wise servant of Matthew 24:45 but the good and faithful servant of Matthew 25:23.

Old 04-24-2024, 05:43 AM

Salvation is of God !

It is certain that one cannot preach the Gospel without naming and recognizing all three Beings of the Godhead at work for the Salvation of the Elect.

We acknowledge the Father's Election 1 Thess 1:3-4,10

3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

The Son's deliverance : vs 10

10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

BTW, the same Jesus of Matt 1:21 who shall save His People from their sins, so these Thessalonians are of that People, which are jew and gentile !

We also have the Spirit's application vs 5-6

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

God must receive all the Credit for the Salvation of souls in Preaching the Gospel ! 13
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity