Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 08:11 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,830,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftask View Post
I hate that the keep calling Dolton a small town. I mean it touches the south side. Does anyone call Cicero or Evanston small towns?
Although you aren't wrong, a small town is typically considered a town of less than 5K population. However, Cicero (83K) and Evanston (77K) are very large compared to Dolton (20K) in population.

That just adds to how ridiculous her salary is. She earns almost 300K a year. The major of evanston earns only 25K and the Cicero mayor is paid an hourly wage of ~$26 an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2024, 08:52 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,201,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Although you aren't wrong, a small town is typically considered a town of less than 5K population. However, Cicero (83K) and Evanston (77K) are very large compared to Dolton (20K) in population.

That just adds to how ridiculous her salary is. She earns almost 300K a year. The major of evanston earns only 25K and the Cicero mayor is paid an hourly wage of ~$26 an hour.
Not to get picky, but the $300k is from TWO jobs:

Quote:
Henyard’s $224,000 is abnormally high for a township supervisor job and is atop $46,000 she is paid as mayor of Dolton.
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/towns...-someone-else/

She apparently also holds the job of Thornton Township supervisor and that's the job she "rigged" by putting in some rule that while she makes $224k/yr at that job, if she is voted out her replacement would only be paid $25k/yr.

I don't know anything about the area, this lady has piqued my interest though, but I wonder if there are any shenanigans at Thornton Township we aren't hearing about.

Old 02-23-2024, 09:55 AM

117 posts, read 84,306 times
Quote:

So do you think if all these inner ring suburbs were just another neighborhood in the City of Chicago, would that lead to more corruption or less corruption? I'm kinda torn on that idea because on one hand if the the government was more centralized, the people in power would probably be more likely to get away with this nonsense. Whereas having all these local divisions, they're more likely to get singled out.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftask View Post
So do you think if all these inner ring suburbs were just another neighborhood in the City of Chicago, would that lead to more corruption or less corruption? I'm kinda torn on that idea because on one hand if the the government was more centralized, the people in power would probably be more likely to get away with this nonsense. Whereas having all these local divisions, they're more likely to get singled out.
I guess it depends on how you define "more" corruption. If you're talking about more dollar value, I don't see how it could go lower being a part of Chicago. Chicago HAS to be the most corrupt city in IL if not the US. If Dolton became part of Chicago, it would just fill the coffers of the corrupt politicians in Chicago.

Old 02-28-2024, 12:17 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
This is all outrageous, but in typical Chicago people fashion, people LOL. I would be livid if I was still paying taxes up there.

Old 03-05-2024, 12:02 PM

Two significant updates!

1) Henyard has disabled her instagram
https://www.instagram.com/tiffanyhenyard/

2) She vetoed a resolution aimed at allowing the release of financial records for the city which is currently 2million in debt. The trustees have vowed to override her veto at next month's meeting.
https://wgntv.com/dolton/dolton-mayo...investigation/

Old 03-05-2024, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Two significant updates!

1) Henyard has disabled her instagram
https://www.instagram.com/tiffanyhenyard/

2) She vetoed a resolution aimed at allowing the release of financial records for the city which is currently 2million in debt. The trustees have vowed to override her veto at next month's meeting.
https://wgntv.com/dolton/dolton-mayo...investigation/
NOTE: In the time I saw her Insta was removed, it's back up.

Old 03-06-2024, 02:50 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
Ol' Tiffany ain't bright, but she sho is entitled.

If you're bored, and have nothing to do for a few hours, there are some absolutely hilarious videos about her on YouTube. She is definitely a corrupt fool. Hopefully she's gone soon.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:42 PM

224 posts, read 310,011 times
Our area’s favorite mayor strikes again.

https://youtu.be/Tq5RF5l-uzA?si=8rAE2tbYVY79eIFP

Old 03-13-2024, 06:38 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,201,145 times
For those who live in the area, have there been any issues at her other job? We hear a lot about Dalton, but what about Thornton Township. It seems that area is very quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs