Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 1,813 times

Advertisements

Title pretty much says it all. Looking for feedback about the build quality of Hunter Quinn and/or thoughts about the Creekside at Horizon Village subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Hunter Quinn puts out a nice product. I would personally put them in the upper 1/3 of builders in the area.

My top 3 out there are Lennar, TrueHomes, and Crescent Homes for the under 400k price range, Hunter Quinn and Mungo I would rate highly too.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:03 AM

63 posts, read 52,953 times
Ryan homes at The Ponds in Summerville build some great homes as well.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDude2019 View Post
Ryan homes at The Ponds in Summerville build some great homes as well.
I didn't include them simply because I'm an agent and they are kind of a pain to get paperwork and stuff done with, but yes they build a beautiful home.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:22 AM

3 posts, read 1,813 times
Thank you to both of you! I actually used to own a Ryan Home in another state. (I can second the "pain to get paperwork done"!) I saw the Summerville ones, and they're really nice, but I was hoping to be a little closer in to downtown.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:44 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
I had a bad experience with Lennar in another city. Putting up with haughtiness from a tract home developer when there were literally 3 major errors/omissions and not the most honest of communication soured me thoroughly. I will say the entire reason I was buying one of their homes was that it was already fairly well optioned and they seemed to be more dedicated to continuity community and amenities than a couple of the other developers. And they could build a home in less three months... which is probably why they ended up having so many problems.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I had a bad experience with Lennar in another city. Putting up with haughtiness from a tract home developer when there were literally 3 major errors/omissions and not the most honest of communication soured me thoroughly. I will say the entire reason I was buying one of their homes was that it was already fairly well optioned and they seemed to be more dedicated to continuity community and amenities than a couple of the other developers. And they could build a home in less three months... which is probably why they ended up having so many problems.
When you say closer to town, are you looking for closer to downtown?

If so, check out Park Circle, Hanahan, and West Ashley.

For example: Mungo Homes in Church Creek Landing in 29414. Prices are in the low to mid 300's, they are right on the Ashley River, with a public boat landing next to the community, detached garages, and your morning commute to downtown would be about 20 minutes. That's a smaller community with only like 75 home sites so they will sell out quickly.

Another development getting ready to start that I like is Limehouse Village off of Dorchester Road.
It's going to have Lennar, Quinn, Ashton Woods, and I believe either Dan Ryans or Crescents. Prices in there will be in the 300-400 range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area