Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2024, 12:31 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,706,156 times

Advertisements

Well, Nimbus sure seems to be doing better. I had to go out of town for ten days and Mr. Spork (aka "his spare human") took good care of him while I was gone. He's had no further heath issues that we can tell.

I missed him so much that halfway through my trip I got on Amazon and ordered some new cat toys and had them delivered to entertain both of my boys until I got back.

The other night, after I'd returned, husband and I were lying in bed watching TV and Nimbus was lying near my feet. I tossed one of the new toys, a mouse with a long fluffy tail, to him. He spazzed out, biting and kicking it and flinging it around, until he tossed it in the air and it fell on the floor by the foot of the bed. Cat leapt off the bed after it, out of sight, and a second later the toy flew up through the air and landed back on the bed, followed shortly by the very frisky cat. It was hilarious and I really wish I had video. Ah, the times that I wish I had a camera always at the ready to catch my cat's antics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 04:50 PM

14,801 posts, read 8,133,631 times
Gotta love Mark Twain!

Quote:
“That's the way with a cat, you know -- any cat; they don't give a damn for discipline. And they can't help it, they're made so. But it ain't really insubordination, when you come to look at it right and fair -- it's a word that don't apply to a cat. A cat ain't ever anybody's slave or serf or servant, and can't be -- it ain't in him to be. And so, he don't have to obey anybody. He is the only creature in heaven or earth or anywhere that don't have to obey somebody or other, including the angels. It sets him above the whole ruck, it puts him in a class by himself.

He is independent. You understand the size of it? He is the only independent person there is. In heaven or anywhere else. There's always somebody a king has to obey -- a trollop, or a priest, or a ring, or a nation, or a deity or what not -- but it ain't so with a cat. A cat ain't servant nor slave to anybody at all. He's got all the independence there is, in Heaven or anywhere else, there ain't any left over for anybody else.

He's your friend, if you like, but that's the limit -- equal terms, too, be you king or be you cobbler; you can't play any I'm-better-than-you on a cat -- no, sir! Yes, he's your friend, if you like, but you got to treat him like a gentleman, there ain't any other terms. The minute you don't, he pulls freight.”
- Mark Twain, ‘The Refuge of the Derelicts’

Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

14,801 posts, read 8,133,631 times
When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

^The Crazee Cat Lady also agrees with this quote for Mr. Twain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats