Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 08:04 AM

1,400 posts, read 772,804 times

Advertisements

How did a "roaming" cat get ahold of YOUR cat if YOUR cat was inside???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 09:46 AM

24,711 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Is this the same cat that the OP was going to have authanized a couple of years ago because it was too much trouble for her to get off the couch while watching movies and let it outdoors when it needed to relieve itself? She even took it to the vet to be "put down" and had a screaming fit because the vet refused to euthanize a healthy cat. Idk; maybe she's putting us on or something.

Whatver's going on, it's just not that hard to keep neighborhood cats out of a fenced backyard.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats...ide-house.html

OT and most posts come with price tags. Our cats have distinct personalities, are strictly indoors, well cared for. They may scratch a rug or get into other mischief but so do children and the elderly. Screaming, water spraying or adding chemicals to water is something a cat does not associate with bad behavior which is not bad to her cat mentality.
I cannot take a neighbor kid to DHR and claim it showed up because it is playing in my front yard.

Old 04-12-2024, 11:20 AM

22,403 posts, read 29,516,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Is this the same cat that the OP was going to have authanized a couple of years ago because it was too much trouble for her to get off the couch while watching movies and let it outdoors when it needed to relieve itself? She even took it to the vet to be "put down" and had a screaming fit because the vet refused to euthanize a healthy cat. Idk; maybe she's putting us on or something.

Whatver's going on, it's just not that hard to keep neighborhood cats out of a fenced backyard.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats...ide-house.html

Yes, this is the same cat so let me clarify things for you:

There are two litter boxes in my house. I didn't need to get up 124 times a day to let the cat relieve itself. It was SPRAYING the couch and my bed when I was sitting there because I wouldn't let it back out for the 123rd time that day. Have you ever been purposely urinated on by a cat?? I don't think so otherwise you'd be saying a totally different statement here. I had to throw out a expensive leather couch because the cat ruined it. He's been on Prozac ever since and only had 1 situation happen again with the new couch.

Second of all, you are aware that cats can jump onto gates next to your gate and easily clear not only my 6' fence but my fence topper?? You are aware that cats can climb trees right?? That branches hang over and can give a cat access to multiple yards?? Enough already.

Just stop with your assumptions here and stop trying to make me look like an ahole here. I have done nothing wrong in both situations except A) Trying to protect my expensive items and my brand new house and B) protect my cat from getting viciously attacked.

I will trap the cat and take it to the shelter. If it's chipped, they will call the owner and tell them to pay and get it or leave it to be adopted to another family. This shelter is non kill. The owners will have no idea of who dropped the cat off either.

Last edited by himain; 04-12-2024 at 11:48 AM..

Old 04-12-2024, 01:04 PM

24,711 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes, this is the same cat so let me clarify things for you:

There are two litter boxes in my house. I didn't need to get up 124 times a day to let the cat relieve itself. It was SPRAYING the couch and my bed when I was sitting there because I wouldn't let it back out for the 123rd time that day. Have you ever been purposely urinated on by a cat?? I don't think so otherwise you'd be saying a totally different statement here. I had to throw out a expensive leather couch because the cat ruined it. He's been on Prozac ever since and only had 1 situation happen again with the new couch.

Second of all, you are aware that cats can jump onto gates next to your gate and easily clear not only my 6' fence but my fence topper?? You are aware that cats can climb trees right?? That branches hang over and can give a cat access to multiple yards?? Enough already.

Just stop with your assumptions here and stop trying to make me look like an ahole here. I have done nothing wrong in both situations except A) Trying to protect my expensive items and my brand new house and B) protect my cat from getting viciously attacked.

I will trap the cat and take it to the shelter. If it's chipped, they will call the owner and tell them to pay and get it or leave it to be adopted to another family. This shelter is non kill. The owners will have no idea of who dropped the cat off either.
Our pound requires current ID and a sworn affidavit with details on how the cat came into one's possession.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Our pound requires current ID and a sworn affidavit with details on how the cat came into one's possession.
Guess what? Mine doesn't.

Guess the coyote urine didn't work. Just chased it away from my gate. I have food in the trap right there too. It didn't work. This is the 3rd attempt

Old 04-12-2024, 02:42 PM

Ok update: I went to the house because I'm fed up and spoke with a young (in her 20s) and told her what's going on. She had no idea that the cat was causing this many problems in the neighborhood. She also informed me that it's already been hit by a car and was pretty injured. I told her I cannot have her cat trying to attack my cat in my yard anymore and it needs to be addressed and stopped. She said she would speak with her mother about the situation. I have a feeling nothing is going to change and I'm on my own. But I did make them aware of the situation and that's all I can do

Old 04-12-2024, 10:27 PM

6,174 posts, read 4,556,049 times
I commend you for that. If, and I agree it's a biggish if, they do come to talk to you, you could mention the prozac thing. Most people get their first cat without knowing jack stuff about cats. Or they had an outdoor cat in some other place and time completely different from suburban USA in 2024.

Something is going on with the cat, though, because that's not normal cat behavior. If you do end up at a no kill shelter, please tell them about the behavior so they can try to deal with it and give the cat a fighting chance to have a home instead of being put down.

Old Today, 02:36 PM

Update: Cat has 3 times tried to come into our backyard to get at my cat. I have scared it away. I spoke with the owner of the cat via ND messages today and he's "special". Trying to tell me that's not his cat even though he verified where he lived and that I did speak with his sister. I had to tell him no less than 10 times that I have followed that cat to his house several times and watched his sister pick the cat up and take it to that same house. I told him that I have spoken to a couple of neighbors that are having problems with his cat as well. He's trying to tell me his cat stays in his yard and doesn't attack other cats. I told him I have personally seen his cat not only blocks and blocks away from his house but almost become road pizza in those same areas. He's trying to tell me there's more than one grey/black cat in the area. There is not.

He told me they are moving soon and I told him it's not soon enough and this conversation was written notice that his cat is a severe nuisance in this neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats