Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:28 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,559,009 times

Advertisements

Of course, my cats only really like their toys when ultmately, we play with them. But, where this isn't the case, my fluffy female Piper prefers rattling mice. Piper's declamure would look something like this: They must be furry and rattling, NO EXCEPTIONS! I've never known a kitty that would snub a toy, but she does!

My male tabby, Sancho, as long as it has feathers, it's a go!

If I throw it, it would be the soft tiny soccer balls for cats. They play offensive line and dribble to each other....

HOw about your kitty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 02:45 PM

768 posts, read 2,101,088 times
You know the toy that has the round track along the outside of it for a ball and the center is corrugated cardboard? My oldest cat could bat at that ball and amuse herself all day or until she falls asleep, whichever occurs first. She has her own, since she also likes to sleep on it.

Sisal mice and anything with feathers are the favorites of the other two cats. Sometimes we'll be amazed at where those toys have been hidden.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:53 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Mickey will play with anything that comes on a wand, but far & away her fave is this Real Fur Mice (http://www.petextras.com/realfurmice.html - broken link)

They sent me one as a freebie a few years ago when I placed an order. Mickey spent 7 hours torturing the poor thing. I now order them by the dozen. She must first remove the leather tail, then the ears, then the eyes. She will terrorize these things in the middle of the night. In the dark they look quite real, and my *ahem* brave husband has been fooled into screaming on more than one occasion......

Old 12-03-2007, 03:36 PM

768 posts, read 2,101,088 times
lol That's too funny, Evey. In his defense, I can see where your h might get confused....in the middle of the night and all.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Mickey will play with anything that comes on a wand, but far & away her fave is this Real Fur Mice (http://www.petextras.com/realfurmice.html - broken link)

They sent me one as a freebie a few years ago when I placed an order. Mickey spent 7 hours torturing the poor thing. I now order them by the dozen. She must first remove the leather tail, then the ears, then the eyes. She will terrorize these things in the middle of the night. In the dark they look quite real, and my *ahem* brave husband has been fooled into screaming on more than one occasion......

Sounds like up Piper's alley. I'd like to see my two spend 7 hours torturing than sleeping and getting fat. Hmmm.

I just got an possible visual of your husband screaming in the night," mouse!" Makes me laugh out loud in this ultra quiet office...

Old 12-04-2007, 08:58 AM

520 posts, read 1,854,138 times
My cat found a little horse stuffed animal that we had on our computer desk. It wasn't meant to be a cat toy but she claimed it and now its hers. She will carry it around in her mouth, toss it, fight it, fetch it. If you try to take it from her while she is playing she will hiss and growl. Its really hilarious.

Anyways, she managed to rip it open and get stuffing everywhere so we bought her a little stuffed moose and she likes that a lot too. She likes to play with the little mice and the toys on a string but she REALLY loves little stuffed animals.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
My cats aren't big on toys, but they each have a few favorites... Cyrus (the Persian) likes anything with STRONG catnip, particularly the cigars & "pillows." If you sniff it and it makes you sneeze, that's the right toy for Cyrus! He'll just grab it with both front paws, roll over, and then kick it and rub his face for about 5 minutes - happy as a clam. He has no interest in any "interactive" toys, like fuzzy mice, cat dancers, wands, or even laser pointers... he did like feather-wands as a kitten, but I guess he's gotten too lazy now.

As for Kona, she has very particular and weird taste... the ONLY toys she'll play with are milk carton rings, and two yellow pipe-cleaners (they have to be yellow!) twisted into a ring. No idea how I came up with that last one, but it drives her absolutely crazy! She's 10 years old, so I could use her age as an excuse, but she has always been a lazy-bones.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,970 times
my cat like to pounce on anything that moves..including elbows, fingers, shoes..and she especially likes to play with the strings on my wifes jacket that hangs in the hall. She pulls herself upside hanging on them.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
my cat like to pounce on anything that moves..including elbows, fingers, shoes..and she especially likes to play with the strings on my wifes jacket that hangs in the hall. She pulls herself upside hanging on them.
oooh, sounds like a cat who could use another cat to help with that enormous energy!!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 AM

41,972 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Our cats like plastic whiffle (wiffle?) golf balls. They'll go halfway up the stairs and wait for us to throw the ball up to them, and they'll leap into the air and catch it like a shortstop.

Toy mice are always a big hit. They have some fur-covered mice that squeak, and some covered in braided rope.

And empty toilet paper rolls. But face it, they'll chase/bat anything. Wadded up trash, zipper pulls on clothes, their own food ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats