Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM

915 posts, read 2,128,305 times

Advertisements

Update on the hair issue: group and private lessons went fine, nobody minded and I think I looked fine. It really is a beautiful wig. Most of the parents are in the medical field, so there's no surprise there. I've got a great bunch of students.

I'm good. Next chemo is Tuesday. Bad day (if it was like last time) is Thursday afternoon to Friday night, but I have 500mg Ibu.

Question: is this prescription 500mg Ibuprofen exactly the same as taking 500 mg OTC??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 02:50 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
OTC tabs are usually 200mgs.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
OTC tabs are usually 200mgs.
Quantity is not the issue (it was probably a stupid question); but is the medication exactly the same.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Probably. I used to take 2-220 mg Aleve to get close to the 500 mg Rx version. Never noticed a difference.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
Quantity is not the issue (it was probably a stupid question); but is the medication exactly the same.
Yes. I prefer to have the 200mgs. on hand because I can get a more precise dosage, depending on the severity of the pain.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
Great idea to start a chat thread.

mvintar - I'm so glad to hear you tackled your hair without an overabundance of stress. Sounds like the wig is working out for you! As far as I know the OTC and prescription stuff should be the same, if the doseage is the same, for what my opinion is worth. You can always call your doctor's office and the nurse should be able to confirm this for you.

charolastra - good luck on the job interview!

I'm getting chemo as I type. I am in a really good mood. When this is done, I will only have one more treatment left. I have a weird hard line in my arm and they just did an ultrasound of it, to make sure it's not a clot, but I don't think it is. I read online about cording and it describes it to a T. And if I read it online it must be true, right? lol

Old 05-07-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Great idea to start a chat thread.

mvintar - I'm so glad to hear you tackled your hair without an overabundance of stress. Sounds like the wig is working out for you! As far as I know the OTC and prescription stuff should be the same, if the doseage is the same, for what my opinion is worth. You can always call your doctor's office and the nurse should be able to confirm this for you.

charolastra - good luck on the job interview!

I'm getting chemo as I type. I am in a really good mood. When this is done, I will only have one more treatment left. I have a weird hard line in my arm and they just did an ultrasound of it, to make sure it's not a clot, but I don't think it is. I read online about cording and it describes it to a T. And if I read it online it must be true, right? lol
Hey Christina: hi!!! Cool that you're writing us while in chemo. I could take my lap but I'm afraid I'd drop it or something. Maybe I should take it.

I'm glad you're in a good mood. Me, too. I get low at night but I'm always okay in the morning. Weird. Wonder what's up with your arm????

2nd chemo tomorrow and I decided to take the Cenestin, after all (low dosage hormones -- since he won't give me any antidepressants.) Just got back from shopping, so need to search on that term (Cenestin). "Low dosage, short term," doc said.

Life is good and worth fighting for.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
This song was on CMT when I was doing chemo. Was kind of a rally song in a way for me:
Billy Joe Shaver - Live Forever - YouTube

Old 05-08-2012, 03:31 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
I had a rally song also during treatments. I'd watch or listen to this particular version almost every day. Love the band, love the song, love the marching band and absolutely love the message!

Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop - YouTube

Old 05-08-2012, 06:00 AM

Thank you for the great songs. I don't know if this is allowed, but I posted them to my FaceBook page. PM me if you'd like to join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer