Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 03:23 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times

Advertisements

Good news!

My lytic bone lesions are healing! Yay! I'm still a long way from NED (No Evidence of Disease) but going strong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 04:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Good news!

My lytic bone lesions are healing! Yay! I'm still a long way from NED (No Evidence of Disease) but going strong!
Woo Hoo! Happy dance!

Old 08-16-2012, 04:27 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
mvintar - congrats on finishing the book, that is quite an accomplishment.

chele - that is wonderful news!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 04:49 PM

915 posts, read 2,128,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Good news!

I'm so happy to hear that; good for you!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 04:53 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Yay... Happy dance fir Chele!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
Thanks everyone! Now if I can get the stupid minor issues cleared up I'll be a really happy camper.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:53 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Just got back from my rock climbing trip. Wow. Just wow. I really could not recommend rock climbing (on real rock) to cancer patients enough. I celebrate a year in remission tomorrow and spent the week with 9 AMAZING young adult survivors, 4 great staff members/volunteers, a team of the most supportive, effective guides possible, and the only two chefs who I would ever trust to serve me vegan chocolate mousse without refined sugar made with avocado.

A year ago I could not lift 10 pounds. This week, I hauled all 250 pounds of me up the cliffs of the Gunks in the Catskills. I might not have gone the highest or the furthest, but I topped out my climbs and learned to trust my feet and conquer my fear of heights. I also hiked 6 miles (5 uphill) when the furthest I have walked since getting sick was about 2 miles of flat ground. I hurt all over but am so proud of myself and my fellow young adults on this trip, who are each inspirational in their own way. One woman has had a recurrence of breast cancer 4 times in the last 4 years and was on oral chemo during the trip, still managing the 200 foot multi-pitch graduation climb. Another guy lost his leg a few months ago and still put us to SHAME on his prosthesis on the rock. He is 21 and has fought cancer 4 times since he was 16, but did not stop cracking jokes the entire time. Another woman was diagnosed with Stage III ovarian cancer at 30 during her 2nd pregnancy and has less than a 20% survival rate based on current factor, with two babies at home. She had a rough go but despite having never climbed anything before, looked like a professional on the rock. I am so honored to have shared this experience with them.

Rock climbing requires you to learn to trust your own feet and your own muscles, while trusting the rope and the person belaying you. This is quite hard for cancer survivors, but it has put a lot of things in a different light for me. If you can at all find a way to do it, outdoor rock climbing is life changing, even outside of the group. If you are a young adult survivor (18-39), check out First Descents which offers these group experiences. I am a changed person.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:09 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Wow! I am so impressed with all of you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,948,595 times
Quite an accomplishment, char. You can stand tall and proud. I'm way over the age (and inclination!) to go rock climbing, but I can admire you from a distance, can't I?

Old 08-18-2012, 03:17 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
charolastra, that sounds so cool. Who knows, maybe when I get through all this I'll look into doing it.

Got my surgical drain out yesterday, which hurt a bit, and then 20-30 minutes later it hurt A LOT. OW... today the pain is not so bad though. Surgeon didn't have the final pathology report in yet but he spoke to the pathologist and they had not found any evidence of cancer in the breast so far. "And they aren't going to!" the surgeon stated. I am so excited...I hope he is right. It will be such a relief to have this confirmation that the chemo worked.

Brought my mom to the airport this morning; she is on her way back home. Just enjoying the weekend! The weather is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer