Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2024, 07:35 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Which references a City-Data post, which references another C-D post, which references...but no link to the actual data.
don't bother the last time someone posted something from that source they claimed that Sacramento had lost 12000 people which is just crazy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 07:58 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,484,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No Idea, I didn't notice that it was listed twice- that's odd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And why is Contra Costa listed twice (and with two different numbers) ?
It was a typo on my part.

If you are skeptical, I invite you to visit data.census.gov. I didnt make any of this up:

https://data.census.gov/

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...tal.html#v2023

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...tal.html#v2023

Dig in, knock yourself out. I try and put it in there myself because I go through this data with a fine tooth comb, but Im human and not immune from error.

It is ridiculous that these threads produce two types of responses:

1) California bashers who seem to have jubilation at any negative press.
2) People who get their panties in a wad at any notion that California isnt perfect and wonderful and anyone who would leave wasnt wanted anyway.

No ability to see grey areas it seems...

Last edited by As Above So Below...; 04-12-2024 at 08:08 AM..

Old 04-12-2024, 08:57 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times
Just read an article this AM about how California is the main state where folks are leaving and moving to southern Nevada, as in Henderson/Las Vegas metro areas. The article stated that "115 people a day are moving into southern Nevada".

Actually, we are seeing almost more California license plates driving around Henderson, NV than Nevada license plates. From what we've heard, a lot of upper-class former California people have moved to Summerlin area, by Vegas.

IOW, there are those that can afford to live in California and those that can't/don't want to. Southern California has lost some of it's population to Henderson/Las Vegas, but not nearly enough to notice in So California traffic (that we've been told). Those seeking employment want to live where the jobs are.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:23 AM

8,338 posts, read 6,423,253 times
I've been watching YouTube videos on moving to the Las Vegas area and although I hate CA's high cost of living i'm not convinced it's any less there.
Car insurance is very high due to drunk drivers all over the place. No water, water is high, your air conditioning runs constantly for months during the summer, its 100 at night. Every place has homeowners maintenance association fees every month

Old 04-12-2024, 09:54 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,561,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I've been watching YouTube videos on moving to the Las Vegas area and although I hate CA's high cost of living i'm not convinced it's any less there.
Car insurance is very high due to drunk drivers all over the place. No water, water is high, your air conditioning runs constantly for months during the summer, its 100 at night. Every place has homeowners maintenance association fees every month
There is a youtuber named grant Stephens I think who moved to Las Vegas from Southern California for tax reasons. He said he saved $460k in state income tax by moving there. Pretty significant amount.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:08 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,279,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
What's hilarious is the fine folks that fled California to Florida, are finding a $10,000 home insurance rate, followed by a $10,000 property tax bill rate, every year. From here on out, they'll be saddled with 20 large going out, before they pay their cable bill! That's going to be tough for the "social security reliant." Ask an SS only person if 20 large would wipe out their quality-of-life, LOL.
Then, they're going to want to return to California, only they can't as they've been "priced out." That house they bought in Cal for $250k and sold for a million-five had a very low property tax basis from the $250k price. Now that everything here is a million-five, ALL the prop taxes are $16,000-$22,000 depending upon which County you move to! LOL.

It's only funny when people try to get "somthing-for-nothing" and get screwed over, as they should.
If I wanted a tropical/beach vibe for retirement, it wouldn't be Florida. It would likely be somewhere outside of the US, such as Mexico, Central America or Southeast Asia. There, you really can get a lot more for your money and have a better cultural experience to boot.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:21 AM

115 posts, read 46,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
What's hilarious is the fine folks that fled California to Florida, are finding a $10,000 home insurance rate, followed by a $10,000 property tax bill rate, every year. From here on out, they'll be saddled with 20 large going out, before they pay their cable bill! That's going to be tough for the "social security reliant." Ask an SS only person if 20 large would wipe out their quality-of-life, LOL.
Then, they're going to want to return to California, only they can't as they've been "priced out." That house they bought in Cal for $250k and sold for a million-five had a very low property tax basis from the $250k price. Now that everything here is a million-five, ALL the prop taxes are $16,000-$22,000 depending upon which County you move to! LOL.

It's only funny when people try to get "somthing-for-nothing" and get screwed over, as they should.
There’s other states besides Ca and Fl. Wasn’t that you in the Idaho forum asking about Star?

Old 04-12-2024, 10:24 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Just read an article this AM about how California is the main state where folks are leaving and moving to southern Nevada, as in Henderson/Las Vegas metro areas. The article stated that "115 people a day are moving into southern Nevada".

Actually, we are seeing almost more California license plates driving around Henderson, NV than Nevada license plates. From what we've heard, a lot of upper-class former California people have moved to Summerlin area, by Vegas.

IOW, there are those that can afford to live in California and those that can't/don't want to. Southern California has lost some of it's population to Henderson/Las Vegas, but not nearly enough to notice in So California traffic (that we've been told). Those seeking employment want to live where the jobs are.
And a lot of people who move from California to Nevada move back to California...

Old 04-12-2024, 10:25 AM

115 posts, read 46,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
There is a youtuber named grant Stephens I think who moved to Las Vegas from Southern California for tax reasons. He said he saved $460k in state income tax by moving there. Pretty significant amount.
I think you mean Graham Stephan. He’s a self made millionaire in real estate and stocks that wisely for him moved to NV .

Old 04-12-2024, 11:20 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And a lot of people who move from California to Nevada move back to California...
We had one neighbor that moved back to Orange County from here in Henderson. However, in the last 7 months we've lived here Henderson, just this lady and her family, are the only ones we've met that have done it. To me, that would mean that many-to-all that move here, like it here.

Also understand that there are a those from California, that have moved to Denver or Boulder, Colorado. Some are folks that have never lived in snow/freezing temps before, as in those from So California cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California