Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 07:12 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times

Advertisements

Over the past year my business has had 3 ebay accounts closed, all different members of my family. There doesn't appear to be any reason though. We had a very good reputation, we shipped promptly, and when there was a customer that grumbled we responded, and rectified the situation. The last account we had was from a different computer in a different city under a relative's account, yet it was also closed within a few weeks, for no apparent reason. We sell regular stuff like tools and housewares.

I would like to talk with somebody at EBAY and see if there is something they need from me to keep the account open. There doesn't seem to be anyway to make that happen though.

As I've racked my brain, I've concluded that possibly the main distributor of the product has somehow submarined our accounts through their pull as a very large used of Ebay. They would never admit to such a thing of course, and I'm only speculating. It benefits them by eliminating us as a competitor. We sell the product locally, but would like to utilize the EBAY market as well.

Any helpful thoughts or products would be appreciated
Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2021, 08:54 PM

9,865 posts, read 7,736,569 times
It's very common for suppliers/distributors to not allow dealers to sell their products on third party sites like ebay.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
It's very common for suppliers/distributors to not allow dealers to sell their products on third party sites like ebay.
Thank you, so they are able to instruct or demand Ebay to take down the products?

Old 03-01-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Thank you, so they are able to instruct or demand Ebay to take down the products?
When you became a reseller of these items, didn't they give you any terms you had to follow? Where you could sell their items, pricing, etc?

What did ebay say when they pulled your items?

Old 03-01-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
When you became a reseller of these items, didn't they give you any terms you had to follow? Where you could sell their items, pricing, etc?

What did ebay say when they pulled your items?
The company gave us no restrictions or terms at all.
Ebay didn't give an explanation and still hasn't.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
The company gave us no restrictions or terms at all.
Ebay didn't give an explanation and still hasn't.
If it was me, I'd just call both. Ask the company you're buying from if you're allowed to sell the items on a third party site and if so, do you have to follow any pricing rules. If they say it's okay, then call ebay and ask why your listings/store was pulled.

Old 03-02-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
If it was me, I'd just call both. Ask the company you're buying from if you're allowed to sell the items on a third party site and if so, do you have to follow any pricing rules. If they say it's okay, then call ebay and ask why your listings/store was pulled.
This has already been done. Company states it is no problem to sell. Ebay has nothing to say directly on the subject as to why accounts are deleted. I'm speculating that I'm not being given the truth by company, and that Ebay is concerned about saying anything so it is easier to leave me in the dark.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:56 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,704,874 times
Different computer, different city, relatives account....

Old 03-11-2021, 08:36 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Maybe it wasn't clear, that your relatives' accounts were branches of your company? Maybe the host site thought they were impersonating you, or something? Your own account has never been deleted, right?

Old 03-17-2021, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe it wasn't clear, that your relatives' accounts were branches of your company? Maybe the host site thought they were impersonating you, or something? Your own account has never been deleted, right?
I've never used my personal Ebay account, which has been dormant for years. My intent is to soon use it as a last ditch effort. Although the select items were new, my intent is to list future items as 'open box' or 'like new' and see if that solves any potential problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business