Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 09:54 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
This has already been done. Company states it is no problem to sell. Ebay has nothing to say directly on the subject as to why accounts are deleted. I'm speculating that I'm not being given the truth by company, and that Ebay is concerned about saying anything so it is easier to leave me in the dark.

So you spoke with Ebay on the telephone and they refused to answer your question? I find this a bit difficult to believe...OK, more than a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 01:39 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,480,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
So you spoke with Ebay on the telephone and they refused to answer your question? I find this a bit difficult to believe...OK, more than a bit.
EBAY always give a reason,it could be as vague as your service or product is not safe for the Ebay community.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:32 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Whether you find it hard to believe or not is irrelevant. Reality remains, Ebay never gave any explanation and I've now accepted that I won't get one. It no longer matters now, as I have found another way to do business.

Old 04-03-2021, 02:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I no longer sell on eBay but do remember that if they find the slightest connection between accounts, zap....gone.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:50 AM

27 posts, read 43,346 times
Sorry to hear about this. It may be what you suspect or you may be doing something that keeps linking your accounts. Same Password, listing the same rare items for sale with the same heading, etc.

I have no suggestions for EBAY, i've been using them as a referral service to Mercari & Poshmark for a while now. Meaning if you try to buy something from me at EBAY, it won't go thru then I send them to Mercari. I'd love to sell on Ebay but they are requiring a SS number up front. No way, I am aware every Representantive there sees it on the screen. Not worth risking ID theft. Mercari & Poshmark never requested it but will when I hit close to a certain amount of sales, I've forgotten now.

I suggest trying Mercari for SMALLER items. Under $30. Same as Poshmark except maybe larger items there. You can ship for $7.45 up to 5lbs at Poshmark.

Last edited by Lollipoppper; 04-05-2021 at 10:24 AM..

Old 04-08-2021, 08:55 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,702,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipoppper View Post
Sorry to hear about this. It may be what you suspect or you may be doing something that keeps linking your accounts. Same Password, listing the same rare items for sale with the same heading, etc.

I have no suggestions for EBAY, i've been using them as a referral service to Mercari & Poshmark for a while now. Meaning if you try to buy something from me at EBAY, it won't go thru then I send them to Mercari. I'd love to sell on Ebay but they are requiring a SS number up front. No way, I am aware every Representantive there sees it on the screen. Not worth risking ID theft. Mercari & Poshmark never requested it but will when I hit close to a certain amount of sales, I've forgotten now.

I suggest trying Mercari for SMALLER items. Under $30. Same as Poshmark except maybe larger items there. You can ship for $7.45 up to 5lbs at Poshmark.
The social is required so they can 1099 you. Coming soon to all online sales accounts. Can’t out run the tax man.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
The social is required so they can 1099 you. Coming soon to all online sales accounts. Can’t out run the tax man.
the law is 20k a year and a certain amount of sales. This is something EBAY is circumventing asking for this personal information FOR THEMSELVES. This has been law for a while, nothings changed.

When you hit a certain amount of sales and a certain amount of money, shortly before you will receive a notice to provide it on any venue. To need it early is being nafarious and no one should be providing any kind of information to a bunch of strangers risking ID theft so willy nilly. I realize some folks are so poor they don't feel or there isn't truly any choice living hand to mouth

Every time you contact EBAY, your SS number is right on the screen. Thousands of employees. My son was Senior Tech Support for Apple, he was not provided this information.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
the law is 20k a year and a certain amount of sales. This is something EBAY is circumventing asking for this personal information FOR THEMSELVES. This has been law for a while, nothings changed.

When you hit a certain amount of sales and a certain amount of money, shortly before you will receive a notice to provide it on any venue. To need it early is being nafarious and no one should be providing any kind of information to a bunch of strangers risking ID theft so willy nilly. I realize some folks are so poor they don't feel or there isn't truly any choice living hand to mouth

Every time you contact EBAY, your SS number is right on the screen. Thousands of employees. My son was Senior Tech Support for Apple, he was not provided this information.
The law for a 1099 is $600 of income.

My assumption with identity theft is that all the important facts about me are already known to many of the bad guys. There have been too many data hacks to not think otherwise. I then build my ID defense from that standpoint.

Knowing that eBay has my social doesn’t change anything and keeps money flowing into my pocket.
And who “contacts” eBay on the phone? I’ve been selling since 2001 and never needed to call them.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
The law for a 1099 is $600 of income.

My assumption with identity theft is that all the important facts about me are already known to many of the bad guys. There have been too many data hacks to not think otherwise. I then build my ID defense from that standpoint.

Knowing that eBay has my social doesn’t change anything and keeps money flowing into my pocket.
And who “contacts” eBay on the phone? I’ve been selling since 2001 and never needed to call them.
You are confused again.. Please pay attention this time.

Paypal is JUST ONE payment processor who is to abide by this law

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/irs6050w

I am top rated on EBAY, have been selling on the venue since checks were sent in the mail.

Anytime you start approaching this thresh-hold, you will be asked to provide your SS number so the payment processor is adhere to this law. To boot, as stated, EBAY places your SS on the center of the screen for any low level tech support employee to have access to.The rabbit trail of whether you call in or whatever doesn't change that

I am sticking with selling with venues who adhere to the law, and it is $200K/200 sales. I do well on mercari, bonanza, etsy, amazon, etc. You may. need to re-read this note and again, read the link provided a second time so you are not further confused

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/irs6050w[/b]

Hopefully this clears this up for you. Happy selling

Old 04-27-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
You are confused again.. Please pay attention this time.

Paypal is JUST ONE payment processor who is to abide by this law

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/irs6050w

I am top rated on EBAY, have been selling on the venue since checks were sent in the mail.

Anytime you start approaching this thresh-hold, you will be asked to provide your SS number so the payment processor is adhere to this law. To boot, as stated, EBAY places your SS on the center of the screen for any low level tech support employee to have access to.The rabbit trail of whether you call in or whatever doesn't change that

I am sticking with selling with venues who adhere to the law, and it is $200K/200 sales. I do well on mercari, bonanza, etsy, amazon, etc. You may. need to re-read this note and again, read the link provided a second time so you are not further confused

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/irs6050w[/b]

Hopefully this clears this up for you. Happy selling
LOL, look who’s not paying attention. I said $600 is the law for a 1099. Reread my post and see who is “confused” and not “paying attention”

Nice, congenial first posts by you as well. Go post on another forum where your rudeness is more welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business