Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:03 AM

32 posts, read 78,256 times

Advertisements

Hello all - we are planning on retiring within the next few years and in the process of looking for a place to live. We are considering a 55+ community but I've heard a lot of pros and cons. I've heard Heritage Isle and Grand Isle are the premiere 55+ places in Viera. Anybody here live in either community? If so, and if you had to do it all over again would you still move there? Thanks Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 AM

I guess nobody lives in either one of those communities. So how about anybody that lives in any of the 55+ communities in Brevard county. Anybody??

Old 01-21-2012, 01:22 PM

32 posts, read 118,493 times
Default heritage Isle pros/cons

Hi Bob! Just joined this forum and noticed your post. Sorry nobody answered your question sooner. My Husband & I have lived in Heritage Isle for 1 1/2 years. If we had to do it all again we would still have moved here. It is a very friendly community with great amenities. Do not know much about Grand Isle, only that the houses are older. It looks like a nice community, but we were looking for a newer home. We like the location and the new shopping areas, hopefully, more will come. Hope this helps. Good luck in your decision!

Silk

Old 02-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Default heritage Isle problems

Just an update on my previous answer re: pros/cons. There is a situation going on in the community concerning changing the zoning on a portion of Heritage Isle and making it family homes. It would no longer be 55 & Older in that section. Residents are very concerned and trying to fight this. We had hoped for a peaceful retirement but this has caused a lot of stress and hard feelings in the neighborhood.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM

Thank you very much for the update and for the good timing - we'll be down there next month. Heritage Isle might now be off our list. Interesting that they would consider re-zoning. Are there a lot of homes and/or lots left unsold? If so, sounds like the developer wants out. If the re-zoning is approved, one would hope that that section would be completely separate from yours. I hope this all works out for you. Thanks again for the update.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:21 PM

There are approx. 150 lots (not counting the 200 homes that were planned for the section being rezoned) available. The builder is still constructing homes and there are a few lots within some of the other neighborhoods that are empty. There is also another builder in the process of building duplexes that are very nice. The rezoned section would be outside of our back gate in phase 8, but would still be backed up to some of the homes within Heritage Isle. We are still trying to stop the rezoning, but we are in talks now with the developer to see what their exact plans are, and if something can be worked out that would please everyone. Have a good trip here next month!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 AM

Hi Silk,

Again, thanks for the updates. After I read your post I decided to do some snooping. Here's what I found. (But you probably have already seen this).

PZ-PZagenda-March2012

Also, I Googled mapped the area and there seems to be another area to the left of Phase 8 that looks like that's undelveloped as well. Would that area be re-zoned as well?

Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 PM

Hi! We are all ready to show up at the meeting in March. Had a large turn out last time. The property on the other side of phase 8 is phase 7a & 7b. The cdd is already putting in the streets and prepping it for homes. The builder is planning to continue to construct new homes in that area, which will be in Heritage Isle, and is not part of the rezoning.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:17 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,168,677 times
There's an article in the Florida Today Sunday paper about the possible changing from 55 plus to zoned family.......

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...news|text|Home

Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Yes, saw that article on Sunday. Should be a large turn out at the P & Z hearing next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County