Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 08:46 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,045 times

Advertisements

I am responding to several people on the 'WISH THREAD' here instead.

I went to FRESH MARKET at Brookwood for the first time this afternoon. I, like many of you, had somewhat ambivalent feelings about Fresh Market. They were in Inverness for many of the years I lived there and I never formed a bond but would go in occasionally.

Today, what a surprise. First it is much bigger than the Inverness store, and brighter. There was more of everything and the selections were very appealing in presentation. I can hardly compare the two. There are also two 'eat in areas' which I always said they needed at the other store considering they sell a lot of food one might have for lunch on the premises. I am thinking they have looked at what is working at WF.

In fact, I would compare this new store more to WF than the other FM.

I did not get into prices or anything but noticed that this store offered so much more. The Inverness store always seemed to me to have too much canned goods and such, and I didn't even notice that in this store. The location is a real winner and it was really bustling today.

I was not excited about this coming but thought it was nice for the center but now I can see it even being a place to grab lunch now that they have both indoor and outdoor areas.
I really thought this would be a number two store for the market and now it is definitely number one. They must have been happy with their business in Inverness which proves you never know.

WF is so over shopped to the point that I have definitely expected a Hoover store and now I realize that sometimes an expansion store can be the flagship store. Changed my whole take on that.

Please, if you are so moved, do share what you think and if you know the other store what is your comparison. (I do realize this is a very specialized thread and I suppose it could also just reflect how little I was expecting from this expansion)

raj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area