Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 05:58 PM

10,380 posts, read 8,622,158 times

Advertisements

I do think that age has a lot to do,with getting police attention.
The car scene is huge out here.
Lots of younger folks doing sideshows, street racing, and revving and burnouts in areas not welcomed.
It’s always the younger guys. They have shut down a few cars shows because they wanted attention from everyone and wind up making noise that annoys neighbors and spinning out of control. Mostly mustangs and chargers for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 11:08 AM

15,835 posts, read 20,630,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
They have shut down a few cars shows because they wanted attention from everyone and wind up making noise that annoys neighbors and spinning out of control.
I was at a show Sunday that was pretty good for the most part. A pop up shower came and everyone began to scatter.

Let's just say the way the guys in their 20's left the parking lot was a lot different than the ways guys in their 40's and up left.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:03 AM

29,699 posts, read 14,791,616 times
Looking forward to attending the M1 Concourse Cars and Coffee this Saturday. After that, I'll probably take a cruise down Woodward, grab some lunch at Hunter House burgers and then home. A local car museum is having an open house later that day, some might go and check that out as well.

I'm seeing a possibility of an early shower on Saturday, so, that will dictate whether I go or not.

https://m1concourse.com/cars-and-coffee/

Old 05-03-2024, 08:53 AM

5,258 posts, read 6,198,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I do think that age has a lot to do,with getting police attention.
The car scene is huge out here.
Lots of younger folks doing sideshows, street racing, and revving and burnouts in areas not welcomed.
It’s always the younger guys. They have shut down a few cars shows because they wanted attention from everyone and wind up making noise that annoys neighbors and spinning out of control. Mostly mustangs and chargers for the most part.
We were the younger guys some 40 years ago and while we might have been a little reckless it was most likely at a deserted industrial park or back road but nothing like I am seeing now. Our earlier ages we were all into minibikes and then motorcross bikes but we never took to the streets in packs like I see now with ATV’s and the likes.

As far as cruising it was bigger as there weren’t hardly any car shows like there is now with Cars and Coffee and other weekend events. There are shows just about every weekend around here to take part in and after awhile it gets old, the newer cars with wraps and graphics along with the under lighting seem to be the new normal.

I miss the old parking lot meetups being mostly attended by wrench turning gear heads sharing builds and their latest bolt on performance builds. A lot now are my boomer generations buying the new corvettes, high end European cars and exotics.

Old 05-03-2024, 02:54 PM

6,536 posts, read 3,214,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
We were the younger guys some 40 years ago and while we might have been a little reckless it was most likely at a deserted industrial park or back road but nothing like I am seeing now. Our earlier ages we were all into minibikes and then motorcross bikes but we never took to the streets in packs like I see now with ATV’s and the likes.

As far as cruising it was bigger as there weren’t hardly any car shows like there is now with Cars and Coffee and other weekend events. There are shows just about every weekend around here to take part in and after awhile it gets old, the newer cars with wraps and graphics along with the under lighting seem to be the new normal.

I miss the old parking lot meetups being mostly attended by wrench turning gear heads sharing builds and their latest bolt on performance builds. A lot now are my boomer generations buying the new corvettes, high end European cars and exotics.

Old 05-03-2024, 04:18 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,013,947 times
Cruised today with top down. It was gloomy 59 degrees. Washed and waxed the car myself at 6 am and went for a cruise few hours later. Loved it. Tweaked the sound system a bit, playing with crossovers. Was reminded how much available torque I have and every gear is effortless. Still can’t believe how good it looks and after owning it for 3 years it’s still new to me.

Drives like these often end up being some sort of of spiritual sessions where I often find answers and explanations to things happening in my life. Never dead ends. Maybe it’s because I always come back home a different roads. Or maybe it’s the topless experience or the roads or the car itself. Probably it all together.
USA is really a drivers paradise. Outside urban areas, the laws are very lax and you can spend years exploring roads with amazing views if you wanted too.
Too bad most people don’t travel exploring this country. It’s a beautiful land.

Old 05-14-2024, 07:05 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,877,089 times
Starting to see the old cars coming into town now for the spring cruisin here in Ocean City, MD. I love seeing all the restored classics. Especially the 60's era muscle cars and the 50's restored models and the modified street rods.

The smell of gas and the rumbles of those built V8's makes me love this May run and the one again in October. Every major parking lot will be filled and people will be on the side of the road in their lawn chairs watching the cars cruise by. They'll even have morning drives on the boardwalk, I think Fri and Sat.

And, like clockwork, rain is in the forecast this week. Hope it clears for the weekend! And I also hope we don't get high northeasterly winds and the tides that come with it. I really hate seeing these cars cruise around the flooded streets downtown as that aint fresh water on those streets!

Perhaps in the fall I'll have an old truck to cruise around in.

These V8's at idle sound much better then te H2O cars that have been here in past years.

This past weekend it was a jeep run and I think they'll do another in August.

And then its the bikes in September which has grown into a regional thing as its getting quite large.

I guess Ocean City still accepts cruises, though the all night daily cruisin for us regular people (kind of like American Graffiti ended in the early 90's here.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:09 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,013,947 times
NY Long Island, we have plenty of car shows and cruises weekly during warm seasons. I’m glad to report that car culture here is alive and kicking.
I even met an 80 hear old lady, original owner of her 67 Jaguar XKE near by me. We probably spoke for an hour.

Old 05-16-2024, 08:04 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,715 posts, read 81,596,197 times
This weekend is our largest local swap meet, and I go almost every year. There is definitely a majority of old guys like me there, but I have noticed in the last few years more of the 20-somethings showing up.

https://monroeswapmeet.com/

Old 05-16-2024, 04:28 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,877,089 times
I was waxing a boat today so missed it but I hear there were about 400 classics doing a parade on the boardwalk this morning. Did hear/see a nice Hemi Cuda pull into the marina store. One of these days I'll have something worth NOT having a radio in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive