Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,903,883 times

Advertisements

At the expense of sounding stupid, what's the "tire tax" in NJ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 09:59 AM

998 posts, read 1,214,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1 View Post
Why? @ 200 RPM the 1.8t will stall out.
Anyway, others are correct - generally one will get the most $$$ from a private sale, but be prepared to do the work. Frankly, though, an old A4 isn't worth much, esp. in the greater NYC area...
As to "cheapest to lease" - there are any number of good online resources, such as Edmunds.com, that will show most brand's leasing deals.
Good Luck!
Correct - Those engines idle at 700/rpm. They will barely keep running at 500/rpm. It would stall out & die at 200/rpm. That is by no means indicative of an engine racing. He must be discribing the sound of the motor when it was going 200/mph. But then the top speed of a 2003 Audi A4 is no where near 200/mph!!! Just what is this person trying to say????????

Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 AM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Correct - Those engines idle at 700/rpm. They will barely keep running at 500/rpm. It would stall out & die at 200/rpm. That is by no means indicative of an engine racing. He must be discribing the sound of the motor when it was going 200/mph. But then the top speed of a 2003 Audi A4 is no where near 200/mph!!! Just what is this person trying to say????????
He's trying to say that he bought a car that has been nothing but problems, and now he wants to know what kind of lease deals anyone knows of...why is that one misspoke sentence now the main thread topic?

If you're wondering why I am interjecting, it's because I and another poster sent the OP here from the NJ forum, telling him he'd get better advice on car leasing here, and now I'm embarrassed I did.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He's trying to say that he bought a car that has been nothing but problems, and now he wants to know what kind of lease deals anyone knows of...why is that one misspoke sentence now the main thread topic?

If you're wondering why I am interjecting, it's because I and another poster sent the OP here from the NJ forum, telling him he'd get better advice on car leasing here, and now I'm embarrassed I did.
"I and another poster sent the OP here from the NJ forum"

Ahhh! - I have seen the clueless TV show Jerseylicious. That explains everything.

Why would anyone help this person get back behind the wheel? After all they did jump out of a vehicle they felt was trying to bolt to 200/mph possibly endangering the lives of many others. "the car revved up to over 200 mph and I felt the car trying to bolt. I jumped out of the vehicle."

The driver is in control the vehicle just as a captain is in control of the ship. Remember the Costa Concordia ship captain who jumped ship leaving the passengers to die. He is facing indictment for multiple manslaughter and other crimes. They are suing him & will not let him drive another ship.

I feel this person should lease a bus pass!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 AM

691 posts, read 1,426,705 times
Audis and VWs are the worst cars ever made and expensive to maintain. If I were you I'd lease a Chevy, Ford, Nissan, Toyota or a Honda if you don't mind their styling. Might be able to find a 2012 Ford Fusion on the cheap since they're going to a re-design for 2013. Same with the Nissan Altima, its redesigned for 2013 so you might get a leftover 2012. Don't get me wrong, I like the new styling of the latest VW Passat, i'd buy one but I know chances are its going to be a turd so its off my list.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Audis and VWs are the worst cars ever made and expensive to maintain.
Are you forgetting about the Fiat?

Old 10-13-2012, 11:58 AM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
"I and another poster sent the OP here from the NJ forum"

Ahhh! - I have seen the clueless TV show Jerseylicious. That explains everything.

Why would anyone help this person get back behind the wheel? After all they did jump out of a vehicle they felt was trying to bolt to 200/mph possibly endangering the lives of many others. "the car revved up to over 200 mph and I felt the car trying to bolt. I jumped out of the vehicle."

The driver is in control the vehicle just as a captain is in control of the ship. Remember the Costa Concordia ship captain who jumped ship leaving the passengers to die. He is facing indictment for multiple manslaughter and other crimes. They are suing him & will not let him drive another ship.

I feel this person should lease a bus pass!
For goodness' sake, he wasn't driving at all, he was parked. As I said before, I'm sure he meant rpms, not mph. I'll leave you to finish off the carcass in peace, though.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,944 times
I don't know how they lease in NJ but where I live you can get an Accord for under $200/mo. That would probably be your best bet.

Everytime I think of buying/leasing an Audi I think of stories like yours. Not the acceleration part but the maintenance nightmares. Good luck finding a car that fits your budget.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:17 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,555 times
I leased my Honda Civic for no money down, and $95/month. I got 12,000 miles and a free GPS too...I lucked out

Edit: it's only a 24 month lease, though.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM

35 posts, read 169,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
I leased my Honda Civic for no money down, and $95/month. I got 12,000 miles and a free GPS too...I lucked out

Edit: it's only a 24 month lease, though.
Now THAT is a deal. I have pretty good credit but are you "top tier credit?" What years was the Honda by the way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive