Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 07:39 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the 2023 NASCAR season.

Notable Dates:

Sun. Feb 5 - Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum. TV: Fox
Wed. Feb 15 - Daytona 500 qualifying
Thu., Feb 16 - Daytona 500 Duels
Sun., Feb 19 - DAYTONA 500

Sun. May 21 - All-Star Race North Wilkesboro
Sun. Jul 2 - Chicago Street Course

Regular Season Ends:
Sat. Aug 26 - Coke Zero Sugar 400 DIS

Playoffs Begin:
Sun. Sep 3 - Cook Out Southern 500 Darlington Raceway

Championship Race:
Sun. Nov 5 - Season Finale 500 Phoenix Raceway

Drivers/Teams News:

Kyle Busch 8 Car RCR
Tyler Reddick 23XI
Ty Gibbs JGR
Noah Gragson Petty GMS
Jimmie Johnson with Petty GMS (part owner/driver?)
Kevin Harvick last year of contract with SHR (retire?)
3F Racing out of Germany planning part time run beginning at ROVAL (Chevy)
Hélio Castroneves could drive in Daytona 500

NASCAR is expected to debut a "wet weather" package for short tracks in 2023 in response to rain delays. The package will consist of a windshield wiper, flaps behind the wheels, taillights, and rain tires.

NASCAR at Le Mans — NASCAR will have a significant on-track presence in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the world’s biggest endurance race, for the first time since 1976. Hendrick Motorsports will field a Camaro through the event’s “Garage 56” program in the June 10-11 race. Champion crew chief Chad Knaus is leading the effort. The driver lineup has not been announced, but winning sports car driver Mike Rockenfeller is expected to anchor the team. Former Hendrick drivers Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are considered possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 10:50 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
It appears that Damar Hamilin of the Buffalo Bills injury reached all the way to NASCAR.

Had the NFL decided to extend a week to replay the cancelled game, the playoffs would have been pushed back, the AFC and NFC title games would have been contested on the same day as The Clash at the LA Coliseum.

Luckily the NFL decided not to go that route. So NASCAR's event will only have to face the Pro Bowl on Feb 5, which typically has far less viewership than the conference title games.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:04 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It appears that Damar Hamilin of the Buffalo Bills injury reached all the way to NASCAR.

Had the NFL decided to extend a week to replay the cancelled game, the playoffs would have been pushed back, the AFC and NFC title games would have been contested on the same day as The Clash at the LA Coliseum.

Luckily the NFL decided not to go that route. So NASCAR's event will only have to face the Pro Bowl on Feb 5, which typically has far less viewership than the conference title games.
The Pro Bowl is now a skills competition and a flag football game. I honestly hadn't watched a Pro Bowl from start to finish in close to 30 years prior to them changing the format. It's a pointless game. Most of the big-name players opted out of it, and with all the dumb rules it was literally a glorified flag football game with pads.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:04 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Jimmie Johnson will be in the number 84, racing for his 84th Win . With new Race team Legacy Motor Club.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2023/01...new-team-name/
I dont know how much NASCAR Ill be watching this year but will be looking to see how JJ does in the races hes in . It is good to see this all happening with Pettys team I hope Jones and Gragson do well.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:07 AM

Another cool Ownership development... Jr Harvick , Burton and Marks.
https://www.jayski.com/2023/01/09/da...ase-cars-tour/

Old 01-12-2023, 05:38 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Harvick retiring at the end of 2023 season.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Jimmie Johnson will be in the number 84, racing for his 84th Win . With new Race team Legacy Motor Club.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2023/01...new-team-name/
I dont know how much NASCAR Ill be watching this year but will be looking to see how JJ does in the races hes in . It is good to see this all happening with Pettys team I hope Jones and Gragson do well.

Hasnt really been "Pettys" team for a while now, so he cam offically step away if he wants to. I will say I like the colors!

Old 01-12-2023, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Another cool Ownership development... Jr Harvick , Burton and Marks.
https://www.jayski.com/2023/01/09/da...ase-cars-tour/
Wonder what NBC thinks of 2 of its booth guys in another series? Iwouldnt think ity would matter, unless they leave to devote time to to the CARS series.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Harvick retiring at the end of 2023 season.
Yeah , I don't know about anybody else but this one really makes me feel old....
Jr, Jimmy and Kurt did as well but for some reason it's just hard to believe Harvick is now retiring, and he's been in Cup 22 years not to mention at SHR for 10!!
I'll be pulling for him to go all the way this year.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...nascar-season/

Old 01-13-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah , I don't know about anybody else but this one really makes me feel old....
Jr, Jimmy and Kurt did as well but for some reason it's just hard to believe Harvick is now retiring, and he's been in Cup 22 years not to mention at SHR for 10!!
I'll be pulling for him to go all the way this year.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...nascar-season/
And so it begins... Who will replace Kevin in 24. This is a list of 7. Preece, who already is taking the 41 from Custer. So that doesn't make sense. Custer who to me sounds the most logical if he has a good year back down in X. Bowman? Can't see Hendrick getting rid of Bowman unless they decide the next JRM driver to come up is a better option. Chastain, absolutely no way Track house lets him go. Stenhouse, now he could be in the conversation not to mention like Preece he is also represented by KHI. Zane Smith , Riley Herbst ?
Bob whats his dork also had a list that included Travis Haley...NOT, and McCdowell for a veteran presence , would love to see that but cant imagine it considering his age.
I personally think it is Custers ride to lose, again considering how his year goes in X.
https://www.nascar.com/gallery/seven...rvick-in-2024/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing