Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2023, 12:02 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times

Advertisements

No penalty for Cindric..........

Last edited by UpstateJohn; 06-06-2023 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 03:48 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
I don’t think it was supported. Two guys going for the same piece of track.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:10 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
It didn't strike me as intentional at the time. i'll have to watch a replay again, but.. I thought it was just a racin' deal.

watching it again on Youtube.. Looks like.. Equal fault. Dillon seemed to come up a bit, Cindric down a bit.

Of course.. Cindric hit everything but the pace car it seems.

Bad part was Stenhouse. Rarely will I defend him, but.. He had a good run going and got caught in other peoples mess.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I didnt think it would amount to anything myself either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It didn't strike me as intentional at the time. i'll have to watch a replay again, but.. I thought it was just a racin' deal.

watching it again on Youtube.. Looks like.. Equal fault. Dillon seemed to come up a bit, Cindric down a bit.

Of course.. Cindric hit everything but the pace car it seems.

Bad part was Stenhouse. Rarely will I defend him, but.. He had a good run going and got caught in other peoples mess.
It was one of those "racing deals" IMO.

Same thing with Chastain, racing deal and now people are making a big deal out of his contact.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:05 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
Chastain is just the guy right now to take all the blame.

The SMT data that they use to determine drivers actions doesn't lie. There must not have been anything on Cindric.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:

The SMT data that they use to determine drivers actions doesn't lie. There must not have been anything on Cindric.

Chastain's getting it because it happens to him FAR more than anyone else on the track. Don't fool yourself into thinking anything else.

His first win, when he.. Wrecked 'Dinger and Bowman, and let's be honest.. That's what happened. That was forgivable for two reasons.. First, he was going for his first win.. Second.. 'Dinger did move him just before. . He didn't WRECK him, but he moved him.

But.. Then you have another.. And another.. And another.. And another.. And another.

In 47 races in Cup (Since 2022), as of May 9th.. Chastain had 13 incidents in 11 races with 9 different drivers. And we're not counting Denny's 'payback'.

That was BEFORE Darlington.

That's.. Basically 25% of his races, he's been involved in an incident with someone. That. Is. Unacceptable.

Remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCyj3vlJb6I

Even the 'nice guys' get to the point where they've had enough.

Old 06-07-2023, 04:51 AM

Quote:

There wasnt because the wifi went down. There was this "other data" that NAscar referenced in their statement.

Old 06-07-2023, 07:43 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,830,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Chastain's getting it because it happens to him FAR more than anyone else on the track. Don't fool yourself into thinking anything else.

His first win, when he.. Wrecked 'Dinger and Bowman, and let's be honest.. That's what happened. That was forgivable for two reasons.. First, he was going for his first win.. Second.. 'Dinger did move him just before. . He didn't WRECK him, but he moved him.

But.. Then you have another.. And another.. And another.. And another.. And another.

In 47 races in Cup (Since 2022), as of May 9th.. Chastain had 13 incidents in 11 races with 9 different drivers. And we're not counting Denny's 'payback'.

That was BEFORE Darlington.

That's.. Basically 25% of his races, he's been involved in an incident with someone. That. Is. Unacceptable.

Remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCyj3vlJb6I

Even the 'nice guys' get to the point where they've had enough.
Sums it up.
The video by the way is an example of why I was not A Carl Edwards fan.

Old 06-07-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Sums it up.
The video by the way is an example of why I was not A Carl Edwards fan.

Carl is.. Complicated.

My thoughts on him sorta follow the Robby Gordon statement on Michael Waltrip.. Remember that one? "Everyone think Michael is this great guy.. He's a piece of #*$%!"

Not knocking his talent or anything.., But either that nice guy image was just a facade or.. He had some real anger control issues at times.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:03 AM

Kesolowsky is a prick anyways........I ll concede he is not as bad as he use to be, but still a prick. And didnt I hear Mike Joy say they had been into earlier in that race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing