Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 06:55 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
....I will ask you, what exactly has NASCAR been doing to make it scary for the alphabet club to attend a race or be a fan?

I'm sure I have sat next to a homosexual on an occasion or two and never knew it, and don't really give a rat's ass. They make up maybe 3% of the population being generous, so its not about the $ in the direct sense. Which leads me back to the aforementioned post. This isn't about anything except NASCAR and its new young leadership showing its woke corporate brethren how WOKE they are becoming. I'm sure they want to fall in line with the Coca Colas and McDonalds of the sponsorship world.

And yes you can say, well doesn't effect or bother me or if it does, don't go, don't watch or don't take your kids to Disney world etc... And I am 100% in agreement with that. Until your kid or grandkids become the kid that cant play soccer because he wont wear the rainbow jersey, or you don't get that low interest rate as your brother in law because you or the company you work for aren't woke enough. This doesn't begin or end with NASCAR showing the love for the genderbenders ,one only has to look around to see that.

I'm sure the search is on as we speak for that Homosexual driver that NASCAR can start promoting through their diversity program.

In the meantime, grab your self a rainbow flag and enjoy the race!
Excellently put!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Let me ask you this, if NASCAR decided NOT to celebrate LGBTQ month, what would happen?
Quite possibly, in today's world, where every "minority group" is looking to cause a ruckus, NASCAR would become a target of one of their attacks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 10:59 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Quite possibly, in today's world, where every "minority group" is looking to cause a ruckus, NASCAR would become a target of one of their attacks.....
So blackmail effectively creates support for their movement.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:56 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
So blackmail effectively creates support for their movement.
Essentially, and sadly, yes.........

Old 06-10-2022, 07:17 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,815,321 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this, if NASCAR decided NOT to celebrate LGBTQ month, what would happen?
The same thing that is happening to all of the other companies, businesses, organizations that aren't celebrating pride month...NOTHING!

Old 06-10-2022, 03:49 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
We are in complete agreement. But... you knew there had to be a but right? As I have been asking what has NASCAR been doing that it has to apologize to the lgbqt'rs ? How have they been denied ? The answer is nothing, because NASCAR is not being honest, they are being politically correct/Woke.

Hasn't that been SOP for them for a number of years? I lost interest in NASCAR when they took away points earned on the track away from Dale Jr. for whatever it was he said in the winner's circle. I want to see racing, not PC pandering. And losing points for something you say isn't a true racing series to me.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
the same thing that is happening to all of the other companies, businesses, organizations that aren't celebrating pride month...nothing!
lol.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:20 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
The same thing that is happening to all of the other companies, businesses, organizations that aren't celebrating pride month...NOTHING!

I think it likely NASCAR has a bean counter committee that evaluates potential $$$ gain/loss before any decisions like whether to/to not celebrate pride month are made.

Old 06-21-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think it likely NASCAR has a bean counter committee that evaluates potential $$$ gain/loss before any decisions like whether to/to not celebrate pride month are made.
I agree. Just like every other company that goes along with this, its just a dog and pony show. Something they have to do or face the wrath of social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing