Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 12:48 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,002,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
A quick search turned up this page

Top Ten Pizza Places in Austin
Thanks for the input! I just checked those out.. I am looking for the Thin crunchy Crust pizza , like in the photo i attached lol.. Not large triangle cuts

I am seeing if theres any thin crust in their menus!

Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 PM

677 posts, read 654,630 times
I've eaten at the Gino's East here, and I think it's pretty much "touristy" crap. And I am Italian and my father grew up in Italian neighborhood in Chicago, so I am well versed in both Italian food and Chicago-style Italian food.

Of the places on the list that Guera just threw up:
East Side Pies - I've heard good things, but haven't tried it.
Home Slice - As I said there are some haters, but I find it to be the best NY style that I've found in Austin. I'm not saying it will satisfy actual New Yorkers, but it's pretty good.
Via 313 - I'm a big, big fan of them, but decidedly not NY Style.
Bufalina - another good one.
Hoboken Pie - I'm not a fan at all of them. Bleh.
Second Bar + Kitchen - I've actually not tried their pizza, but I've tried much of the rest of the menu. This is NOT an Italian place, but it is a great restaurant. Changing foods entirely, but if you like Salmon, one of my favorite dishes from any Austin restaurant is here: seared faroe island salmon · pork belly fried rice · coconut · nam pla · zucchini · cilantro · min

The rest of the ones in that list I have no experience with or references for.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:55 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,149,049 times
up north we eat saccones and reales

Old 12-11-2015, 01:04 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,985,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Thanks for the input! I just checked those out.. I am looking for the Thin crunchy Crust pizza , like in the photo i attached lol.. Not large triangle cuts

If you like thin, try East Side Pies. They'll square cut it if you request it that way.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,002,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
I've eaten at the Gino's East here, and I think it's pretty much "touristy" crap. And I am Italian and my father grew up in Italian neighborhood in Chicago, so I am well versed in both Italian food and Chicago-style Italian food.

Of the places on the list that Guera just threw up:
East Side Pies - I've heard good things, but haven't tried it.
Home Slice - As I said there are some haters, but I find it to be the best NY style that I've found in Austin. I'm not saying it will satisfy actual New Yorkers, but it's pretty good.
Via 313 - I'm a big, big fan of them, but decidedly not NY Style.
Bufalina - another good one.
Hoboken Pie - I'm not a fan at all of them. Bleh.
Second Bar + Kitchen - I've actually not tried their pizza, but I've tried much of the rest of the menu. This is NOT an Italian place, but it is a great restaurant. Changing foods entirely, but if you like Salmon, one of my favorite dishes from any Austin restaurant is here: seared faroe island salmon · pork belly fried rice · coconut · nam pla · zucchini · cilantro · min

The rest of the ones in that list I have no experience with or references for.
Thanks for the input! Gino east touristy?? Thats an issue lol....

The question million is. WHO has the best thin crust?

I am almost tempted to get some shipped in... The Italian palermos in chicago sells frozen pizzas they make fresh....

Just need someone to get them and pack them with dry ice and over night them lol..

heck I already have portillos shipped to my door...

I will check out home run...my wife mentioned it. I always remembered it tasting like metal though

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 12-11-2015 at 01:17 PM..

Old 12-11-2015, 01:05 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,497,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

You mention Dominos, I actually like their thin crust. It's not bad for a fast food chain. It's almost like a cracker crust. I like it with a lot of toppings. I dislike thick crust, some people love it.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:08 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,803,100 times
The real pizza is in Italy, but in Texas, the best you'll find is in Houston.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:12 PM

416 posts, read 589,890 times
Home slice is the bomb... it's a hipster haven, sure, but the best thin-crust you can get and it smells glorious.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:15 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,497,950 times
You will get a thousand different opinions on who has the best pizza. It's like asking who has the best BBQ. If you like authentic neapolitan style pizza (like in Italy) there is place in San Antonio called "Dough".

A bit pricey but very good
Dough Pizzeria Napoletana

Old 12-11-2015, 01:18 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,909,956 times
I've recently discoivered Due Forni downtown and it's very good. http://dueforni.com/main/main_menu_a.pdf#view=Fit

also Bufalina, Backspace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin