Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Everything is different in Augusta,so I wouldn't doubt it.
Everything is different in Augusta. Residents of Columbus created a thread discussing the Hampton Inn going downtown. Augusta residents are talking about the Hyatt House under construction downtown. Big difference!

Since you repeatedly want to be petty and sarcastic.
Even though i have no idea why, since Augusta posters don't venture in the Columbus forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 AM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Actually there are:
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
You should check out that link. It says the highest average household income is over 125, but that's a different metric than average income. Falls Church's average income is $113k.

And so what if there is one or two super rich communities in the entire country with an average household income over $125. That's still extremely silly to think that's what Sprout's or any other business looks for.

Norton aimed way too high when saying "The preferred average income for Sprouts is $125k." and it's clear where he pulled that stat from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Everything is different in Augusta. Residents of Columbus created a thread discussing the Hampton Inn going downtown. Augusta residents are talking about the Hyatt House under construction downtown. Big difference!

Since you repeatedly want to be petty and sarcastic.
Even though i have no idea why, since Augusta posters don't venture in the Columbus forum.
Hotel fights aside... I like Topgolf and kept seeing it as an active post in the Georgia forum and I like Augusta and travel there frequently and have followed development news from this forum. Don't be so weird and insular.

Last edited by Yac; 09-24-2018 at 01:02 AM..

Old 09-18-2018, 10:06 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Hotel fights aside... I like Topgolf and kept seeing it as an active post in the Georgia forum and I like Augusta and travel there frequently and have followed development news from this forum. Don't be so weird and insular.
My post wasn't directed to you.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:25 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
My post wasn't directed to you.
Given that Jay is from Columbus and you were directly insulting folks from Columbus, yeah, I'd say it was.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:28 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,440 times
Quote:
Topgolf wants to come to Augusta. Our metro population is similiar to Huntsville, Greenville, and Baton Rouge. All three cities either have a Topgolf, or it's coming soon. Email corporate and explain how much Augusta wants a Topgolf.
https://topgolf.com/us/company/contact-us/
Okay, Topgolf is looking at 2nd tier cities. I get that. Are we trying to keep up with the Joneses? All those cities are in states that aren't necessarily dominated by one city like it is here in Georgia. New Orleans, Birmingham and Columbia together can't stand toe to toe with Atlanta. We all know the answer to why things are the way that they are. All these companies want to do is penetrate the Atlanta market and if they do that, then they've won Georgia. There are stores that are in the suburbs of Atlanta that'll probably never make it down I-85, I-75 or I-20. That's just the way it is and has been. Sure, the 2nd cities of Georgia might score a national brand/franchise here or there but they are far and few in between. The only other P F Changs and Apple store, outside of Atlanta, are in Augusta. Both of those entered the Augusta market years ago. There might be more but I think those are the biggest ones. Correct me if I'm wrong, Nortonguy. Also, I think these companies are taking a wait and see approach with Augusta. There are tons of cyber defense jobs available in Augusta and as these jobs are filled it is going to bolster Augusta's image. With the starting salary of these jobs, the per capita salary should definitely rise. I wouldn't be surprised if D&B and Topgolf announced developments at the same time, in the next couple of years.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:59 PM

1,124 posts, read 926,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Okay, Topgolf is looking at 2nd tier cities. I get that. Are we trying to keep up with the Joneses? All those cities are in states that aren't necessarily dominated by one city like it is here in Georgia. New Orleans, Birmingham and Columbia together can't stand toe to toe with Atlanta. We all know the answer to why things are the way that they are. All these companies want to do is penetrate the Atlanta market and if they do that, then they've won Georgia. There are stores that are in the suburbs of Atlanta that'll probably never make it down I-85, I-75 or I-20. That's just the way it is and has been. Sure, the 2nd cities of Georgia might score a national brand/franchise here or there but they are far and few in between. The only other P F Changs and Apple store, outside of Atlanta, are in Augusta. Both of those entered the Augusta market years ago. There might be more but I think those are the biggest ones. Correct me if I'm wrong, Nortonguy. Also, I think these companies are taking a wait and see approach with Augusta. There are tons of cyber defense jobs available in Augusta and as these jobs are filled it is going to bolster Augusta's image. With the starting salary of these jobs, the per capita salary should definitely rise. I wouldn't be surprised if D&B and Topgolf announced developments at the same time, in the next couple of years.
Well, I invite all of you to come visit the Topgolf Swing Suite on it’s opening day in Columbia. September 28th, down a lit alley way in the Venue on Main. I think it’s next to a wine store. I think a swing suite would be a good start for Augusta. Just like I hope it will be for Cola and will lead to a full on Topgolf.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:20 PM

180 posts, read 158,916 times
Seems like with Augusta being home to Master's, there would have already been some interest in putting a TG here long time ago.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:27 PM

423 posts, read 447,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_4_augusta View Post
Seems like with Augusta being home to Master's, there would have already been some interest in putting a TG here long time ago.
The issue is not the Masters though rather the issue is does enough of the population that lives here have enough disposable income to support a niche business?
If the business feels like it does then they will build here and if they feel that it does not then they probably won't build here.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:39 AM

180 posts, read 158,916 times
Makes sense. I hope they can support it. I enjoyed myself for years at the one in Atlanta when I went to GSU.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:16 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
You should check out that link. It says the highest average household income is over 125, but that's a different metric than average income. Falls Church's average income is $113k.

And so what if there is one or two super rich communities in the entire country with an average household income over $125. That's still extremely silly to think that's what Sprout's or any other business looks for.

Norton aimed way too high when saying "The preferred average income for Sprouts is $125k." and it's clear where he pulled that stat from...
I agree with you concerning Sprouts and relative affluence of areas they prefer to locate in, but I just wanted to show that what was stated about nowhere in America having average incomes that high, however you wish to look at it, was factually incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area